England train-on squad, moment of truth?

Scubby

So Paul Anderson is the new full time assistant coach. Does that impact who gets selected? Cudjoe now a definite? Brett Ferresless likely?

I am happy with that appointment. He will presumably be in charge for the mid-season international next year (i.e. prepping the squad) and look to seal all the arrangements during the season.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what has Gale to do to get an opportunity, all he can do is perform consistently at super league level. Which he has done with 46 try assists this season, miles ahead of the closest to him. Highest number of tackles for a half back this year so defence isn't a problem. Top goal kicker as well.

We are asking for Bennett to pick players on form, aren't we?

So what has Gale to do to get an opportunity, all he can do is perform consistently at super league level. Which he has done with 46 try assists this season, miles ahead of the closest to him. Highest number of tackles for a half back this year so defence isn't a problem. Top goal kicker as well.

We are asking for Bennett to pick players on form, aren't we?

Gale deserves a shot no doubt about it. He should start against France and see how he goes from there.

Thing is about our centre situation is we do actually have a good set of centres, just they never all seem to hit form or fitness at the same time

Watkins, Atkins, Cudjoe, Percival are all top quality really and really no less than the NRL has to offer

Thing is about our centre situation is we do actually have a good set of centres, just they never all seem to hit form or fitness at the same time

Watkins, Atkins, Cudjoe, Percival are all top quality really and really no less than the NRL has to offer

Behave !!

Sarginson with Burgess and either Cudjoe/Watkins with McGilvary/Hall would be my 3/4 line.

Fullback would be Shaul or Lomax, out of the two i'd prefer Lomax, he has better timing when chiming into the attacking line.

My team to start against France:

Lomax

Burgess

Sarginson

Watkins

Hall

Williams

Gale

Hill

Hodgson

Graham

S Burgess

Whitehead

Bateman

T Burgess

Taylor

Clark

G Burgess

The only time Sarginson should be anywhere near an England jersey is if he's asked to wash them.

Hodkinson and Widdop will be our half backs, with either Williams or Gale as back up.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

How about this..

Williams & smith at 6&7,club partnership,dropping widdop might give him a kick up the ###### and straighten his game up and play more direct instead running sideways..

Bateman & farrell at 11&12 with sam at 13

Then stick whitehead in at center :)

Elliot has been a silent partner in canberras right edge "lepana" attack...last week it was elliot who put rapana in for his try and then elliot scored hugging the wing himself..

Hes a viable center option in my opinion

Im off to laydown now

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Whitehead's speed and agility would be horribly exposed defending at centre. He's a good second rower who should be left there. Sarginson was quality in the 2014 Four Nations and is a senior part of an injury hit Grand Final team now, so he can't be the worst option? Otherwise Atkins, Percival, Hardaker or, if they must use a back rower, Bateman, would all be better options to partner Watkins (who is a must for me).

Never, ever put Hardaker at centre. He shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad this year. Dire at Leeds and looked like the kid in the u12's who gets on for the last 5 minutes because he trains every week at Penrith.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Sarginson with Burgess and either Cudjoe/Watkins with McGilvary/Hall would be my 3/4 line.

Fullback would be Shaul or Lomax, out of the two i'd prefer Lomax, he has better timing when chiming into the attacking line.

My team to start against France:

Lomax

Burgess

Sarginson

Watkins

Hall

Williams

Gale

Hill

Hodgson

Graham

S Burgess

Whitehead

Bateman

T Burgess

Taylor

Clark

G Burgess

Apart from the Burgess and Sarginson centre/wing combo I'd go with that. Only other one I'd question is G Burgess who's not had a great year but maybe he's got enough quality to raise his game for internationals.

How about this..

Williams & smith at 6&7,club partnership,dropping widdop might give him a kick up the ###### and straighten his game up and play more direct instead running sideways..

Bateman & farrell at 11&12 with sam at 13

Then stick whitehead in at center :)

Elliot has been a silent partner in canberras right edge "lepana" attack...last week it was elliot who put rapana in for his try and then elliot scored hugging the wing himself..

Hes a viable center option in my opinion

Im off to laydown now

Be honest Spud, this is a total wind-up, isn't it?

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Smith must be the most passive No 7 in SL, he is either a total lazy sod, or completely void of ideas, I wouldn't have him in the community England team never mind the professional England team.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Smith must be the most passive No 7 in SL, he is either a total lazy sod, or completely void of ideas, I wouldn't have him in the community England team never mind the professional England team.

Just been given 2 more years at Wigan so he must be doing something right.

Just been given 2 more years at Wigan so he must be doing something right.

With a good attacking 7 Wigan would be a far better team, Castiger informs us Gale has contributed with 46 try assists this season, anyone know Smith's?

With a good attacking 7 Wigan would be a far better team, Castiger informs us Gale has contributed with 46 try assists this season, anyone know Smith's?

Ermmmm.... 11.

Apart from the Burgess and Sarginson centre/wing combo I'd go with that. Only other one I'd question is G Burgess who's not had a great year but maybe he's got enough quality to raise his game for internationals.

I really like Sarginson, hard to say that maybe hasn't had the greatest year but seems to be hitting some form now, that and his defence is solid. Outside of him, maybe McGilvary?

I'd really like to see a Williams/Gale combination, think it would give a good mixture.

I really like Sarginson, hard to say that maybe hasn't had the greatest year but seems to be hitting some form now, that and his defence is solid.

There's a decent player in Sarginson; has seemed to panick over the last two years and make himself look silly at times. He however, was excellent in the Four Nations in 2014 and against the Roosters in Sydney the same year.

Be honest Spud, this is a total wind-up, isn't it?

Im being deadly serious..

We constantly moan that we lack size & power in the 3/4s compared to oz & nz...ya know what we actually don't

Any big,tall 15,16,17 year old gets moved in to the pack in this country..

Nathan mason at huddersfield is a prime example,ive known nathan since he was 12,a big tall cracking wide running 2nd rower in junior RL,Went on tour to australia with the huddersfield academy,smashed em up cos they couldn't handle his size and power outwide..he even made a aussie tv news report...

At 6'6",i saw him last monday hes bleeding tall, and 110kg he could have been a unstoppable centre...but we turn him into a effing prop...we're stupid

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Archived