Callum Phillips

Hate the rec

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like others have previously said Callum as a very good offer from Oldham, I also understand he is waiting to see Towns ambition and plans going forward.

I doubt he will make any decision on his future until the end of the 4 nations , being out of contract and playing against the best teams in the world, will definitely put him in the shop window.

He would be mad yo sign for anyone until after these games for Scotland, a couple of top games and he could become a wanted player for many clubs. It's a weird one for us town fans, on the one hand I hope he has a great game tomorrow and shows his quality but it could mean we lose him. on the other hand if he has a stinker we maybe get to keep him. Talk about a catch 22.

Watching the game and callum had about 20 mins made his tackles and passed every time from play the ball but also noticed that other players kept jumping in at dummy like Lachlan Coote ,come back off after 45 mins so hasn't improved or worsened his reputation.

9k and travel expenses didnt know about the training once a week but as the season lasts 7 - 8 months not a bad top wage

Do you lie in bed and make this stuff up after you have finished reading your comics ?

Well got to say that's good for us so other than a steady 25 mins v England callums situation is more or less the same and I don't foresee an influx of offers on the back of that. Let's hope for a definitive answer either way and move forward. All quiet on here maybe understandable that the club has emphasis on Fridays game this week and we can maybe make squad progress next week.

i would guess callum was playing to instructions last week , hence no runs from dummy half . didn t miss any tackles and must have easy made 20 plus tackles .maybe the 2 penalties he gave away for interference went against him getting picked this week , the ref certainly was on his back , all you could hear while he was on was callum this callum that ,and at one point "keep it clean this time callum" . having said that scotland gave away nearly 20 penalties , so he wasn t the only one committing offences .....we all know he is best given a free rein , but international rugby doesn t allow this .

i would guess callum was playing to instructions last week , hence no runs from dummy half . didn t miss any tackles and must have easy made 20 plus tackles .maybe the 2 penalties he gave away for interference went against him getting picked this week , the ref certainly was on his back , all you could hear while he was on was callum this callum that ,and at one point "keep it clean this time callum" . having said that scotland gave away nearly 20 penalties , so he wasn t the only one committing offences .....we all know he is best given a free rein , but international rugby doesn t allow this .

would have been interesting seeing him making breaks from acting half see how he would have done against better class players I was waiting for him to try one but it never happened and as a haven fan I've seen how good he can do it on too many occasions

Think Callum was targeted by the big forwards hence the 22 tackles, very difficult for a lad to come from playing Championship rugby part time . Think he struggled with the collision and gave a couple of penalties away after losing first contact.

I've no doubt Callum could play at that level given full-time training etc, will be interesting now where Callum see his future,probably the biggest decision he will make regards his rugby career.

Archived