Boxing day

billybulldog

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic thumpin of the enemy for me although their demise does make them dangerous.

Remember brad branning though at a snowy tea bag stadium he looked like a state of origin player for a few sets!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Is that the penalty count against the doggies PM? Don't forget Farrell's not playing so I think it will be a lot closer,the penalty count that is and not the score

We're saving our secret weapon for the tougher friendly against Keighley Graham  :download:

And yes it is Diskin's expectation that we'll concede more penalties as we control the ruck, but I don't think even that will save you on Boxing day. The only chance you'll have to get within twenty of us is if it pee's it down all Xmas :kingxmas:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

We're saving our secret weapon for the tougher friendly against Keighley Graham  :download:

And yes it is Diskin's expectation that we'll concede more penalties as we control the ruck, but I don't think even that will save you on Boxing day. The only chance you'll have to get within twenty of us is if it pee's it down all Xmas :kingxmas:

Tbh I've got to agree mate.

Have a bit of faith in your team Graham , it won't be a walk in the park , derbies never are

Agree. Won't be much in it. As has been mentioned, it depends how seriously Dewsbury take the match. MD has already stated we will be taking it seriously. If Dewsbury do the same, it could go either way!

Agree. Won't be much in it. As has been mentioned, it depends how seriously Dewsbury take the match. MD has already stated we will be taking it seriously. If Dewsbury do the same, it could go either way!

I'll buy you a half on boxing day DD to top that glass up your drinking from ;)

And stop being nice to them they had there go in the 70's :lol:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

I'll buy you a half on boxing day DD to top that glass up your drinking from ;)

And stop being nice to them they had there go in the 70's :lol:

No need. I am confident of our quality once the season starts, but l think MD will chop and change in this one! If pushed, l think we will win by a score!

Sod this cautiously optomistic approach we all seem to be taking. We will stuff Dewsbury and this coming season will make 2016 look like a complete faliure. We will finish top 2 and beat a SL club in the cup and 8's, you heard it here first. Never been so confident in an off season. Merry Christmas Bulldogs see you next week!!!!

Sod this cautiously optomistic approach we all seem to be taking. We will stuff Dewsbury and this coming season will make 2016 look like a complete faliure. We will finish top 2 and beat a SL club in the cup and 8's, you heard it here first. Never been so confident in an off season. Merry Christmas Bulldogs see you next week!!!!

If the Rams fans think they are going to get stuffed they wont turn up.....don't forget they have already outnumbered us at home before ( the dunking derby )....and we need to see them every other year ( a shared gate bonus for both clubs ).....who doesn't love a good Turkey at crimbo ?.....

IMO everyone that is fit will have a run out at some point....so a disrupted but close game.....but we "should" sneak it....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Well that's what you call been super confident, theirs nothing wrong with that especially with the squad you've assembled.

l think we will win by a score!

20 points! That's more like it DD welcome to the glass brimming over club ;)

There, their, they're - never mind. 

Rams fans have no information hence no idea if our team will be playing it as a proper match or a training run out. It it is the former then we should hold you to a ten point margin, if the latter then we can stop counting after half time. Whichever it is a few of us will still drag our weary bones up the hill for a traditional Boxing Day grumble.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I struggle to understand this recent "morro spoils the spectacle" 35 players turn up to loose a glorified training game, when will we take it seriously etc. Sour grapes in reality.

The coach needs the tie to gain information.

The players need it to gel and show what they can do to their new employer.

The club need it to gain some bodies around the empty stadium.

The fans need it to fix the rugby drought, show off the new replica merchandise and escape the inlaws/sales/xmas tv/wife....

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I struggle to understand this recent "morro spoils the spectacle" 35 players turn up to loose a glorified training game, when will we take it seriously etc. Sour grapes in reality.

The coach needs the tie to gain information.

The players need it to gel and show what they can do to their new employer.

The club need it to gain some bodies around the empty stadium.

The fans need it to fix the rugby drought, show off the new replica merchandise and escape the inlaws/sales/xmas tv/wife....

I can believe you struggling to understand 9'O but if you went to last season's game you would have noticed one team playing as if there was a match to win and another treating it as a training session. At the time many Rams fans said that they would be reluctant to shell out their only to watch something similar next (i.e. this) year..

Sour grapes doesn't come into it - not wasting money does.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

There hasn't been clear daylight between the teams in this game since around 2011 when Dewsbury walloped us. No reason to think it should be any different. Anybody remind me of prices in, missed the advert.

Archived