French - black hole.

One of the most worrying announcements that I have seen for a while. Their possible inability to compete at the World Cup will be food and drink to those in French RU who still hold the ambition to eliminate RL entirely from their country.

Now is the time when they need the supprt of the whole international RL community, but can/will it happen?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Cannot see why they should not open a go fund me-10 euros from me if they did!

I would have donated for the Women's World Cup fund and I'm sure many others would. Sad that the Women's World Cup doesn't have France in. They have a great women's set up too.

Whilst it rarely ideal for a league to make a fiscal loss, as mentioned earlier in the thread, it is only around 200K.

It's certainly not an amount the FFRXIII can't pay back (and of course we're assuming that they borrowed against the loss versus drew down savings and/or sold assets) and in an absolute worse case, considering both TO & Catalans have turn overs in the millions, I'm sure that they'd come to the rescue if this was causing some breaking point for the FFRXIII.

What is arguably more frustrating is that the previous administration claimed that the FFRXIII had made a profit. Not only has the lack of transparency affected the new administrations ability just to get on with things (wasting time chasing paper trails and suspect bank accounts) but there is also a legal aspect to incorrect financial reporting which hopefully doesn't pop up to again hinder the new administration.

Anyway, I am liking the way the new board is approaching these roadblocks. They have been transparent with what they've found, explained the decisions they've made and looked to move forward.

Whilst of course we would have loved to see France in the Women's WCs in Australia, arguably France hosting a Euro Women's tournament next year will do more for the domestic game, and at a lesser expense.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Perhaps if every time time the Aussies or Kiwis come here they could play the French national team just to be some money in the French coffers and also perhaps an Aussie club could play the French national side as a warm up the the forthcoming WCC could help as well.

France hosting England annually is a good first step.

One of the most worrying announcements that I have seen for a while. Their possible inability to compete at the World Cup will be food and drink to those in French RU who still hold the ambition to eliminate RL entirely from their country.

Now is the time when they need the supprt of the whole international RL community, but can/will it happen?

It's good that the new regime have even announced it mate. From my years in the country, where the French major on smoke, mirrors and beurocracy, just telling people (albeit s*** throwing as well) is surprising. Normally it's swept under the carpet.

Some French ru clubs, especially Perpignan, are seeing big reductions in crowds and less funding being given by the Region. Opposite for Cats and RL. If Toulouse can get on this bandwagon and engage with the City and their Region, the knock on effect across the TO-Cats corridor (Carcassonne/Lezignan) could be great, especially within schools where the game, on the whole, is hardly touched.

There might be animosity between Rugby a treize et quinze, it isn't the level it is in UK. Sure, missing out could hit them hard, but I can see it galvanising them more.

Food and drink is probably what caused the debt!l have Been to local federation meetings and it's always finished with drinks and restaurant paid by the federation, this was why lots of old dinosaurs were on the committees, new rugby league ideas had past them by but they had time to be on their hands and got a good feed once a week!

And still people here like to talk about tours in the Pacific Islands, PNG etc., while even an important and historical movement like the French one struggles economically. 

These are hard times for rl and I really hope this situation gets better. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Food and drink is probably what caused the debt!l have Been to local federation meetings and it's always finished with drinks and restaurant paid by the federation, this was why lots of old dinosaurs were on the committees, new rugby league ideas had past them by but they had time to be on their hands and got a good feed once a week!

Same with the Mairie's meetings isn't it. I saw a guy stood over the oysters for about an hour. As soon as the plates where empty they brought more. He never moved, just kept eating.

Same at after game receptions. Always old blokes stood eating the buffet before the players have finished their shower! Usually the one who then tells all the players they were ###### and in his day he'd have broken 4 players jaws/nose by half time ! A L'époque lol

Archived