Bradford liquidised

buford t justice

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thought of any RL club being liquidated, even Bradford, is one that is sad to contemplate.

The image of one being liquidised, however, may keep me awake for many nights to come.

Oh well, I suppose it's all water under the bridge now anyway .... :tease:

What happens to.people who.bought season tickets in good faith. Will they be reembursed or expected to.buy a new one with the new club

If this is the case i find it hard to.believe the rfl should not help.these poor fans who backed a club they loved. Just to be possibly told they to.buy a new ticket again

At the risk of being mercenary, this could be a very good opportunity to offer those fans with an alternative. I can't see that the RFL or anyone else offering compensation to the fans who have already bought tickets, maybe Batley could honour bulls 2017 tickets for our home games as a gesture of goodwill? It wouldn't cost us anything, but it would be an excellent olive branch and we may even pick up some new longer term fans from it. Even if the bulls reform and these fans watch a reformed bulls, they may be more likely to watch us when the bulls don't have a game etc. We need to do what we can to keep these fans watching the game, it would be a huge loss otherwise.

I think this is an excellent idea, a great initiative and show of solidarity from us if carefully managed ( possibly via the Bulls Supporters Club/Trust. ) Our Head Coach is the former Assistant at the Bulls, and we have welcomed their supporters at the Mount over the past few seasons.

At the risk of being mercenary, this could be a very good opportunity to offer those fans with an alternative. I can't see that the RFL or anyone else offering compensation to the fans who have already bought tickets, maybe Batley could honour bulls 2017 tickets for our home games as a gesture of goodwill? It wouldn't cost us anything, but it would be an excellent olive branch and we may even pick up some new longer term fans from it. Even if the bulls reform and these fans watch a reformed bulls, they may be more likely to watch us when the bulls don't have a game etc. We need to do what we can to keep these fans watching the game, it would be a huge loss otherwise.

imo of course that is an excellent idea....

So RFL have said expressions of interest to form a new club have to be submitted by Monday 9th. They will look at them and then have them considered by the rest of the RFL. Cannot see a new team being in place by the date we should be playing them.

Any chance of getting Johnny back!! Doubt the new Bradford will be going by the 15th although it's possible if a quick deal is done and coaching in place. It would give them an idea of their chances in the 2017 league. Are other avenues being explored to cover the 15th? Maybe a decent BARLA National Conference team might be available and give em some gate money.....

I feel for johnny phil. He saw an opportunity for his career and young family.

How many bulls games has he made and was a dream of super league sold to him.

Fair play they stood by him so contracts do mean something.

In dave scott we have an awesome full back though.

I saw walton at ikea loading a new wardrobe this aft. "New training gear has to go some where"

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

We can't accuse Kev Nice,  the board or MD of anything other than doing a brilliant job, but not talking to Johnny would be awful. If he were to end up at Fev or Fax that really would be a disaster

2 hours ago, phildog said:

We can't accuse Kev Nice,  the board or MD of anything other than doing a brilliant job, but not talking to Johnny would be awful. If he were to end up at Fev or Fax that really would be a disaster

No harm in talking to JC, although I'm not sure he'd get in ahead of Reittie, Hitchcox, Ainscough, Scott and (from what I saw of him on Boxing Day) young Hayward. His try per game ratio in his last season for us was pretty poor.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

With no disrespect to those currently holding wing slots and anyone in the wings (sorry, no pun intended!), Johnny is head and shoulders above in pace and he can tackle better, in my opinion of course. Never mentioned him as full back. He's Batley through and through and I' m sure would take a decent offer, better than what he's now getting or MAY be offered at a new Bradford. PLEASE, somebody, put in a phone call

On 04/01/2017 at 5:37 PM, phildog said:

Any chance of getting Johnny back!! Doubt the new Bradford will be going by the 15th although it's possible if a quick deal is done and coaching in place. It would give them an idea of their chances in the 2017 league. Are other avenues being explored to cover the 15th? Maybe a decent BARLA National Conference team might be available and give em some gate money.....

I never left.

HTH

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I'm not sure whether there's any truth to the rumours, but i heard a while back, JC's operation wasn't a big success. Has anyone else heard anything?

I think most Batley fans, me included, would love JC back at the Mount.

However...

He missed the whole 2014 season. He had two significant injuries in 2015, including the awful ankle break against Dewsbury. He only played six games last year.

I think that means he's play 21 games in three years.

Is he still the same player he was?

With no disrespect to those currently holding wing slots and anyone in the wings (sorry, no pun intended!), Johnny is head and shoulders above in pace and he can tackle better, in my opinion of course. Never mentioned him as full back. He's Batley through and through and I' m sure would take a decent offer, better than what he's now getting or MAY be offered at a new Bradford. PLEASE, somebody, put in a phone call

We are still working on getting a game on 15/1 at home against former Bradford players. Players & coaches want to play but we are waiting for Rfl approval. More news Monday but not reliant on a new Club being formed next week which i think is wishful thinking. If it doesnt happen it certainly will not be for lack of trying.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

This blog is well worth a read from a Bradford fans propestive

http://wobblyheadedbull.tumblr.com/post/155865594828/dear-new-bradford-club-owner

I've read it. It's very very good.  Open. Honest. Truthful. Spoken from and by a fan. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Archived