01 Apr: SL: Catalans Dragons v Wakefield Trinity KO 6pm (TV)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Guasch and Frayssinous would have known that before they signed him, but still did.  They also knew about Aiton and Taylor's pending drug cases but still signed them.  You can't tell me Carney is any worse than Sean Long.  Poor management all round imo.

Nonetheless, I still think Cats will come back.  Not this year, maybe in a couple.

They didn't appear to be Frayssinous signings. He was certainly keen to offload them

Awful, awful, awful. 

Half of the bad stuff is coming from the staff. Can't teach Yaha in defense, can't figure out who to put at fullback (Myler? Really???), can't figure out how to create a dangerous game plan, can't figure out when to tell the players that they're done with their career. 

I saw the U23 against Lezignan, a game that they lost 30-31. Arthur Romano played at centre and while he wasn't perfect (a knock on and a misread in defense), I found he was excellent in attack, broke a lot of tackles. Surely he's a better option at centre than an ageing Duport, with all due respect, who didn't pass the ball to his winger for the past 2 seasons. 

On the basis of this past month performances, half of the squad wouldn't make an impact in Elite 1. 

Things I'm positive about : Garcia and Thornley's workrate, the need to sack the coach ASAP.

Went to the game as part of our holiday.

First time in Perpignan and enjoyed being among the 'real' fans in the Guasch-Laborde stand.

Came away wondering if Catalans train enough, such were their deficiencies in defence.

Hopeless in attack too and the tries they did score were mostly because of luck or being gifted field position.

On that showing there is no hope of the Dragons making the Super 8s.

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Went to the game as part of our holiday.

First time in Perpignan and enjoyed being among the 'real' fans in the Guasch-Laborde stand.

Came away wondering if Catalans train enough, such were their deficiencies in defence.

Hopeless in attack too and the tries they did score were mostly because of luck or being gifted field position.

On that showing there is no hope of the Dragons making the Super 8s.

Hope you have a nice journey in the homeland mate. 

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

They didn't appear to be Frayssinous signings. He was certainly keen to offload them

'They didn't appear to be' confuses me.  But maybe that provides half the problem in that they weren't Frayssinous signings.  Who signs them?

Anyway, we're missing the point regarding this game we shouldnt discount.  Wakey are a decent side.  Playing with confidence under Chester.  Cats confidence seems shot and it's going to take some hard work to get it back.

44 minutes ago, barnyia said:

They looked jaded! Overtrained I guess as everyone says Howe is flogging them 

He's training guys like Casty, Anderson and Duport who are at the end of their career way too much, they can't take it. 

20 minutes ago, The Daddy_merged said:

The warning signs were visible a long time ago, for the sake of the Dragons and French Rugby League it's time for Laurent to go. 

It has been painful to watch for a long time now. 

The dragons woes to me are self inflicted. 

The spine of 6,7, 9, 1 is rubbish. The losses of carney, pelissier, gigot are being felt.

Luke walsh is average at best myler the same and aiton the same.Recruitment while moa and bird are quality the rest are ###### williame is a nrl reserve grader same with horo. 

While there seen escare, springer, pelissier, Maria go.french talent such as fages and julian are playing elsewhere. While aging talent such as duport and bosc play on.

They will be in relegation zone, lucas albert what doing here also 

10 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

You got a decent larker though, didn't you.  He'll learn from Higham and can only improve.

I think JB will come over all faint at the thought of being considered a Leigh fan.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

11 hours ago, DavidM said:

Poor tackle from Louis Armstrong 

He probably thought he had all the time in the world.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

7 hours ago, winnyason said:

The dragons woes to me are self inflicted. 

The spine of 6,7, 9, 1 is rubbish. The losses of carney, pelissier, gigot are being felt.

Luke walsh is average at best myler the same and aiton the same.Recruitment while moa and bird are quality the rest are ###### williame is a nrl reserve grader same with horo. 

While there seen escare, springer, pelissier, Maria go.french talent such as fages and julian are playing elsewhere. While aging talent such as duport and bosc play on.

They will be in relegation zone, lucas albert what doing here also 

Aiton is getting better (and I'm no fan of him) though. There were always some strange choices on the team sheet but Bosc at 1 really does me wonder. 

Thought he was too old to play at 1 and unfortunately he went off with an injury yesterday. 

There is too much "affection" in this team. Sorry guys, you've been great but some of y'all need to go. Duport should have never been given the nod ahead of Romano, Bosc ahead of whoever is actually a fullback, Yaha ahead of whoever is a winger that does not shoot in everytime. Though it wouldn't change much because it is much more a collective failure than a single player's responsability. 

You can add Escaré, Springer, Pelissier, Maria, Fages, Jullien and our brightest youngsters it wouldn't change a thing. 

Yesterday, they were losing at home yet none of the players decided to gather the team behind the posts to have a serious chat. They were all waiting for Williams to kick the conversions. They were defeated on their ground and nobody showed pride except for Casty at the post game interview (and when he, as a prop, tried to compensate Yaha's defense). 

Then comes the "fans" problem. On the french forums, some of them are actually saying Thornley is  and thanking Inu for having a great game. Last year they were all about dropping Escaré because he was , Pelissier wasn't good enough and that there were not a single guy in Elite 1 that could a decent job in SL. They're clueless, simple as that. Most of them believe Horo and Aiton to be the greatest players in the team, while Walsh is a semi-god. They have no faith in French players and especially in French youngsters. Most of them never watched a U23/U19/U16 game though. 

Long story short : strange choices from the coach, strange opinions from the fans and the team's going nowhere. 

13 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Coach or Bernard I'm starting to believe the people who said he keeps fraysinous so he can have his involvement in the team etc 

Well indeed . Maybe he sees him as a pliable figure and doesn't want a bigger personality . Don't know 

You hear stories.  Some are true some supposition, like all clubs. But Bernard's influence over Frayssinous is deflecting away from being able to have a true measurement on the Laurences performance.  He could quite easily fire him and carry on the same way with, say, Cologni.

2 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

You hear stories.  Some are true some supposition, like all clubs. But Bernard's influence over Frayssinous is deflecting away from being able to have a true measurement on the Laurences performance.  He could quite easily fire him and carry on the same way with, say, Cologni.

Have you ever met Cologni? I don't think you can impose things to Cologni. 

1 minute ago, Hvy wg said:

Have you ever met Cologni? I don't think you can impose things to Cologni. 

Yes.  If Bernard was paying his wage he would have to do as he says or leave.  If he did, Bernard would do the same to whoever else came in.

I understand Frayssinous has imposed some training methods which don't suit everyone, but at least he is sticking to it.  I would imagine Bird has some input into this as well.  If that's true, and it's only based on gossip from fans, it's a mess.

Archived