Update on Misi

Maureen T-k

FEATHERSTONE Rovers officials have moved to clarify the position of captain Misi Taulapapa, who remains ineligible to feature for the club.

The Rovers’ current administration faced challenging circumstances late last year when visas for Taulapapa and Featherstone team-mate Chris Ulugia became due for renewal.

An oversight by previous administrators at the Big Fellas Stadium resulted in both visas expiring.

Ulugia’s visa expired some time after Taulapapa’s, meaning his Tier Two Sportsperson Visa was granted back in January.

However, despite the club working tirelessly with its legal team, Taulapapa’s Tier Two Sportsperson Visa remains ‘under review’ with the Home Office.

Due to changes in government immigration legislation, Taulapapa faced further complications in regards to his application.

The club’s legal team were able to overcome the situation which arose, though the setback has resulted in a further delay to a decision being made.

General manager Davide Longo said: “Misi’s situation is extremely frustrating for everyone involved.

“We have one of our top players sat out and neither ourselves or Misi can do anything about it.

“Our lawyers are providing weekly updates, and we wait anxiously for those, but as things stand there is not one thing we can do to speed up what feels like one of the longest processes I have ever been involved in.

“I arrived at the club in November of last year and was faced with this issue, concerning both Chris and Misi, from the outset.

“How we got to this point, at this stage, is irrelevant. There is little reason to look back, though the club, moving forward, is fully compliant with the Home Office's processes under our sponsors licence.

“We placed the applications for new visas during the latter stages of December and Chris’ was granted in January.

“Our lawyers have done all they can to get Misi back out there on the field. All we can do now is await news from the Home Office, which we hope will arrive before the middle of April.”

The club will be making no further comment on the matter.

Im Fev and im proud

Typical government red tape. Lawyers must be rubbing their  hands together and thinking pounds notes, lovely jubbly ???

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Rob. I'm guessing this statement is suggesting that as that person who's fkd up is no longer at the club, there is little relevance dwelling on blame.... just the solution.

I might be way off beam like.    

I think you may be  right Robin

Im Fev and im proud

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Rob. I'm guessing this statement is suggesting that as that person who's fkd up is no longer at the club, there is little relevance dwelling on blame.... just the solution.

I might be way off beam like.    

Or maybe it was because that person was in hospital at the time and never came back to the club?

There's nowt like a bit of blame culture and I think this is one of the main problems imo 

Im Fev and im proud

Judging by our recent visa travails, maybe it's for the best that those responsible are no longer at the club.

That said, ultimately it's the responsibility of the club (not just one individual) to ensure all the legal/contractual stuff is properly tied up for all the players, and however we slice it, their failure has deprived us all of the contribution of one of last season's best championship players, and a major on-pitch influence, probably for half the season.

Only at Fev..........

Aye and I sponsored his kit yet again this season and he hasn't bloody wore it on the pitch except for a photo shoot :( 

Im Fev and im proud

2 hours ago, Adam B said:

Judging by our recent visa travails, maybe it's for the best that those responsible are no longer at the club.

That said, ultimately it's the responsibility of the club (not just one individual) to ensure all the legal/contractual stuff is properly tied up for all the players, and however we slice it, their failure has deprived us all of the contribution of one of last season's best championship players, and a major on-pitch influence, probably for half the season.

Only at Fev..........

Some of the blame has to fall at the players feet. It just seems like naivety on both the club and players part.

2 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Some of the blame has to fall at the players feet. It just seems like naivety on both the club and players part.

the weather's warming up and the midges are out

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Great news - especially given the recent injuries and suspensions.  We need to get behind the lads on Sunday and get through this tough period.  Give that man at the Home Office a well deserved rest from his paper shuffling duties - until next yeat at least.

On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 10:22 PM, jamescolin said:

I wonder who will be dropped when he does return-if anybody.

From here on in would imagine there will always be one or two carrying knocks and the odd suspension. Getting Misi back will enable JS to 'shuffle the pack' - no pun intended.

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

A question not answered is "how fit is he?". I'm assuming he couldn't be prevented from training without pay of his own accord, or did he have to keep himself fit away from the club in isolation? In other words, is he fit to drop straight into the team in this injury crisis? An extra body would be most welcome next weekend with two games over the Easter period.

Ran in to Locky this morning in Sharlston, he says Misi is playing as he's been in full training since Christmas. Brad Tagg not fit but Knowles is. 

21 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Great news - especially given the recent injuries and suspensions.  We need to get behind the lads on Sunday and get through this tough period.  Give that man at the Home Office a well deserved rest from his paper shuffling duties - until next yeat at least.

Perhaps we should apply now for next year's visa......................

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

4 hours ago, jamescolin said:

So how do you think we will line up?

In a straight line :):) 

Im Fev and im proud

Archived