Dewsbury vs Rochdale predictions

Kelsey The Ram 97

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A game we really have to be careful with

History does like a basketball score when we play Rochdale.. Unfortunately early in the season they got the score...and we didn't 

A vastly improved Dewsbury from the boring & uninspiring morrison years (yawn)

Each game we take a step forward and quite easily be going into another heavy woollen derby looking for a forth win on the bounce.

Now the careful bit

Rochdale like a fight & a niggle, we've to keep away from been sucked into this play and stick to the game plan...we've enough to beat Rochdale on Sunday by 20 points..but if we get dragged into a bar fight and lose the plot we could get 20 put on us.

Enough level heads in the team now to build pressure rather than the old approach of try score on every pass.

Dewsbury 34 Rochdale 14

Mom morton

Att 857... That really means 648 ;)

12 minutes ago, coolie said:

History does like a basketball score when we play Rochdale.. Unfortunately early in the season they got the score...and we didn't 

Each game we take a step forward and quite easily be going into another heavy woollen derby looking for a forth win on the bounce.

Now the careful bit

Rochdale like a fight & a niggle, we've to keep away from been sucked into this play and stick to the game plan...we've enough to beat Rochdale on Sunday by 20 points..but if we get dragged into a bar fight and lose the plot we could get 20 put on us.

Enough level heads in the team now to build pressure rather than the old approach of try score on every pass.

Dewsbury 34 Rochdale 14

Mom morton

Very good evaluation of the game Coolie, in which I would have to say I agree with your analysis. We have improved massively since playing them away, Ned Kelly and Paul Delaney have got a squad they want though and have the players on their side. We must now be consistent.

Yes I agree just like Batley on Sunday, I'm no fan of Dewsbury I just want you to keep pulling away from a certain team.

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Now the careful bit

Dewsbury 34 Rochdale 14

Mom morton

Rubbish Coolie, haven't you read their match report on here?

http://theseladscanrunfor80mins.blogspot.co.uk/

It's everyone else's fault!! They play a refreshing expansive brand of rugby, probably a little superior to the much lauded Castleford's! Don't drag them down!

Oh, and don't even think about turning up with the aim of winning - goes against everything that the game is about!

20 minutes ago, distantdog said:

It's everyone else's fault!! They play a refreshing expansive brand of rugby, probably a little superior to the much lauded Castleford's! Don't drag them down!

Oh, and don't even think about turning up with the aim of winning - goes against everything that the game is about!

Well I ain't seen them since our first game but they played a very nice brand of attractive attacking rugby that day and I can't remember any niggles apart from those between GM and those of us who knew he should have gone already. 

If they're still playing like that it should be a good game. 

That said if they are missing there 6,7 and 9 and drop the ball every five mins I predict a comfortable win. 

30 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I wouldn't worry DistantDog, that's just a bias article poorly written by someone who can't take losing.

32 minutes ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

I wouldn't worry DistantDog, that's just a bias article poorly written by someone who can't take losing.

Am not in the slightest, in fact I laughed out loud at a couple of points.

It sort of confirms my feelings that sometimes it really is a sensible decision to refrain from posting after our teams lose until after a decent night's sleep!

Well there have been a few high scoring games, some real surprises, half- time turnarounds, as well as one 0-0 (I was there - bet not many other posters on here were around then), but these games have never been boring.

Ned won't allow any sort of complacency to growbut it will be amatch that requires a disciplined attitude to prevent themselves being drawn in. On form we should win, and there is no logical reasonto bet against form.

Rams 28 - 14 Hornets

Att: 697

FTS: Morton

MoM Sykes

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Hoping for afew more dews fans to turn up Sunday. Be dissapointed if we don't top 800 with our recent turn around ( not getting too carried away but a lot more confident recently than I was under Morro) We had no Toulouse fans at all at the game on Sunday. How do Rochdale fans travel? How many we expect them to bring? We expecting 50? 100? 12?  Il tip rams by 40-24 att 750-850 ish. Man of match Guzdek.

15 hours ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

If we have to win by playing ugly rugby then so be it in my eyes. Ugly rugby wins games sometimes.

If your Rugby is as ugly as your fans you could top 400 points!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

15 hours ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

It struck me as being thoroughly tongue in cheek - the kind of thing one of our elder statesman might have written if he were not busy gallivanting around Europe at the taxpayers expense. Always liked hornets supporters for their sportsmanship and humour, so I doubt the article was anything more than a fishing trip - now if it were a Rhinos blog ........... 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

20 hours ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

What do we all think will happen on Sunday then? It's a massive game for us so I hope we can get the 2 points. I'll make my prediction anyway

Dewsbury 34 Rochdale 26

Attendance: 729 

The only prediction you'll get from me is that you'll need a good book to while away the hours when the game has stopped to allow the Rochdale physio / waterboys carry out their duties on the pitch. If you're not too fast a reader (being a Dewsbury supporter I assume this will be the case), War and Peace would be a good choice.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

6 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

It struck me as being thoroughly tongue in cheek - the kind of thing one of our elder statesman might have written if he were not busy gallivanting around Europe at the taxpayers expense. Always liked hornets supporters for their sportsmanship and humour, so I doubt the article was anything more than a fishing trip - now if it were a Rhinos blog ........... 

Clearly the literary critics on here must be more versed in the arts than you and me GOR as I also found it amusing.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Clearly the literary critics on here must be more versed in the arts than you and me GOR as I also found it amusing.

Yep - the leader " Not taking ourselves seriously since 1985" ia a bit of a give away. Very funny parody of the kind of twaddle peddled by T&A.- surprised at one or two on here being affronted.  Read it again lads/lasses in the spirit in which it was intended.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Well after last week's win against Toulouse we need to back it up on Sunday. Listening to Kilshaw the Rochdale coach after the defeat against Batley he reckons the officials are against them,where have we heard that before ? ?

This could be a close game, discipline will be important. 

Rams 22 Rochdale 14

FTS - Morton

MOM - Moore

Att - 728

What tea would you pick? Guzdek is back this week? Be harsh to leave Hooley out but guzdek is better in attack and more experienced. My team would be Guzdek, Morton, Walshaw,Hallet, Brown, Sykes, Moore, Teanby, Ward, Sherriffe, Spicer, Harris, Brown. Subs. Day, Toby Adamson, speakman, Everitt. 18th man Hooley. 19th Zach Johnson. Is Squires fit? 

24 minutes ago, christheram said:

What tea would you pick? Guzdek is back this week? Be harsh to leave Hooley out but guzdek is better in attack and more experienced. My team would be Guzdek, Morton, Walshaw,Hallet, Brown, Sykes, Moore, Teanby, Ward, Sherriffe, Spicer, Harris, Brown. Subs. Day, Toby Adamson, speakman, Everitt. 18th man Hooley. 19th Zach Johnson. Is Squires fit? 

Guzdek  and squires both named in the 19 so fingers crossed. 

Not sure who I'd drop from that 19 to be honest. No fun being a coach. 

Archived