INDIAN CALL CENTERS

Just spent about an hour talking to someone in India from talk talk !! In the end i just said cancel my contract with yourselfs it was like talking to an alian had to spell a lot of the words i wanted to say because they could'nt understand what i was saying i know i'm from yorkshire but surely we dont talk that bad why do these big company's base there call centers at the other side of the world ?? mybe its because they know you'll end up not ringing back at a later date to talk to someone rant over

They price their system on a basis of losing "complainers" while keeping those either happy or too lazy to complain. If they lose you who does have a problem then that's not an issue.

You also get what you pay for with TalkTalk.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Really we can expect a lot more out-sourcing and the like once the true reality of LAE kicks in!

Even less protection and more of the stuff takes jobs away rather than creates them.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

at least its not the ones from 3mobile that try and ring my pensioner mum with Asian accents, SCAMMERS luckily I was there at the time, not 3 mobile at all, just scrotes trying to get bank details

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

TalkTalk get a lot of bed press but I'm more than happy with my current offering from them, lots of neighbours seem to have opted for Virgin instead and get endless amounts of grief with there connections.

The only time I've had an issue with TalkTalk they bounced me from India to Scotland as soon as I said I was going to look to move to another provider.

I am never rude to the people on the other end at call centres, they are just individuals like us trying to earn a  wage -used as props and stooges to face multi million pound rip off organisations , our problems are not personaly their fault

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

I am never rude to the people on the other end at call centres, they are just individuals like us trying to earn a  wage -used as props and stooges to face multi million pound rip off organisations , our problems are not personaly their fault

They are also much less likely to help you. The best thing you can do is to ask them how they are before starting with your complaint.

With regards cold callers the absolute worst thing you can do is tell them to do one. When I did it for about 3 weeks, if someone was rude the standard procedure was to set a callback for 10 minutes time. 

Cold-calling's a miserable job. I don't get many of these calls, but I always let them know at the earliest opportunity that I'm not interested, but keep it polite, positive and friendly.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

23 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Cold-calling's a miserable job. I don't get many of these calls, but I always let them know at the earliest opportunity that I'm not interested, but keep it polite, positive and friendly.

I (nearly) always do that, but if they don't take the hint then they get a long drawn argument, as long as I have nothing better do, and them staying on the phone trying to tell me I am wrong means they can't be on the phone to a mug who will fall for the bull.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

23 minutes ago, Padge said:

I (nearly) always do that, but if they don't take the hint then they get a long drawn argument, as long as I have nothing better do, and them staying on the phone trying to tell me I am wrong means they can't be on the phone to a mug who will fall for the bull.

Well, if it's the PPI lot, I just tell them I've already got it sorted. They can't really come back at that. Other things can be diverted by saying it is a rented property and things like double-glazing, utilities etc. are the under the control of the landlord, in which you have no say.

Registering your number(s) with the Telephone Preference Service is worth doing, as is informing cold-callers that you have done so.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ask them straight away for a billing address. Explain that you charge £10 a minute for ALL telephone conversations with a minimum charge of 6 minutes. Go on to explain that as they are a new customer you will cap up to the first hour at only £60 as a special offer.  Ask to be put through to accounts in order to set up the account.

Remind them that all calls are recorded for training purposes and you may share information with third parties. 

Then just keep repeating that whilst they dither you charges are accruing

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

On 24/07/2017 at 10:01 PM, Futtocks said:

I don't engage with them at all, I just hang up when I recognise a list dialler cold-call, if they don't even know who I am then I'm not going to engage with them.

For those who engage with me by name and get me hooked then I'm generally polite and disengage quickly.

There's a special lot who spam me because of things I've signed up for, e.g. when you buy things from Currys they want your name & address for anything more complex than batteries for the "warranty".  If it's a throwaway item, I give them my cat's name.  That's the tell-tale it's a cold-caller who has bought my details despite me being on the TPS.  The calls usually go:
Them: "Can I speak to Oliver please?"
Me: "Sorry, he can't come to the phone now."
Them: "When will he be available so we can call back?"
Me: "Not sure, I'll ask him when he's stopped licking his bum under the dining room table".
Them: "........" (long pause while they think what to say next)
Then it's usually (click) or "OK, we'll call another time (click)".

I did have one yesterday with an abysmally strong Indian accent (grade 3 call-centre staff they usually call them, grade 1 is fluent English, grade 2 is easily understandable English with a moderately strong accent, grade 3 is the equivalent of someone from Clacton going on holiday to Marbella and doing their best to ask for something in Spanish by adding "o" to the end of English words).  I can understand the grade 3 lot fairly well as my wife's family are Indian and those in India and in the older generation in their 80s really do struggle with English.  "Sir, I UK Insurance Claim, your accident, we get you money, we know you an accident, give me your name."  I did find that rather personal, I know I was a quick behind the nightclub job by my parents and really wasn't intended but no need to rub my nose in it...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

For some reason our number comes up as a different name and address with the call centre crowd, I get a lot of calls for Mr McLeod (pronounced mac-lee-odd) living in the same village but in a different street. I tend to agree to most things up to and including home surveys and demonstrations. I have checked and the MAC-lee-odd family don't live there either. 

Dos this make me a bad person?

46 minutes ago, Shadow said:

For some reason our number comes up as a different name and address with the call centre crowd, I get a lot of calls for Mr McLeod (pronounced mac-lee-odd) living in the same village but in a different street. I tend to agree to most things up to and including home surveys and demonstrations. I have checked and the MAC-lee-odd family don't live there either. 

Dos this make me a bad person?

No, it makes you THE HIGHLANDER!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was a manager in a call centre for a few years (inbound calls) so have a sort of tolerance for the misery that must be outbound. Indeed I set up dialler campaigns for a big blue chip company, and there are lots of rules governing it.

When you set a program to outbound dial, you can set it a target.

A automated dialler, calls thousands of numbers with the expedition than a certain number will not answer, get an answer machine, engaged or do not exist.

The aim is to make sure that the dialler is calling enough numbers to make sure actual agents have people to talk to.

The delay you hear is when the dialler makes a connection but does not have a real person to put it through too. Silent calls are when the dialler is set to call too many random numbers. In the UK the requirement is that about 90% of calls are connected.

So back to me. I changed my phone number and it turns out that the person who last has just old number must have subscribed to ever database on the country! I was getting 30 cold calls a day!

Solution was a true call blocker (cost about £30) and all cold calls are done. It is a great solution f you are worried about calls to elderly parents etc.  Get one. But set it up for them.

Honestly I do not work for them. 

Archived