Singing the blues

lingard

SINGING THE BLUES

Just a thought would anyone think that this could be our song? C@s have adopted sweet Caroline and Hull have old faithful, thought this could be ours.  Played at the end of each game.  Any thoughts. I think it could be a great anthem for us. 

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

22 minutes ago, lingard said:

SINGING THE BLUES

Just a thought would anyone think that this could be our song? C@s have adopted sweet Caroline and Hull have old faithful, thought this could be ours.  Played at the end of each game.  Any thoughts. I think it could be a great anthem for us. 

After last nights performance I think C#s fans were singing "show me the way to go home "???

2 hours ago, lingard said:

SINGING THE BLUES

It was a hit for Tommy Steel in the late fifties.I think Gut Mitchell had a hit with it in the U.S.A.

We already sing "There's nothing quite like than singing the blues, when Featherstone win, and Castleford lose" etc...........it's a no from me 

Im Fev and im proud

When ever I'm away especially Grand finals with Fev fans the song that is sang with passion in the pubs is Are we Human but I couldn't be ar sed to wait after the game is finished to sing that.Most probably in the next home games I will be leaving 5 minutes earlier with head bowed after drubbings.

It has in it 'The Dream I sought is no longer mine'. Also 'The moon and stars no longer shine'. It is a losers song so it is a no from me. How about the second verse of Sixteen Tons? Ok the first verse is another loser but in the second we have ' If you see me coming better step aside a lot of men didn't and a lot of men died. One fist of iron another of steel if the right one don't get you then the left one will.' Be nice to sing that.

It really annoys me about supporting a Football Team.There are too many glory hunters in our midst.The cast iron rule is this unless your immediate family were born elsewhere you look at a map and circle where you were born and find the nearest professional football Team to it in most of our cases its Leeds Utd and thats it.I know quite a few prople locally who support C#s and Man U ,ld sooner stick a rusty nail down my #### # ye .To all those who know the missing letters you must have a filthy mind.

My sporting allegiances:-

PatrickThistle

Barnsley FC

Yorkshire ccc 

Featherstone Rovers.

I started watching Fev in 73.... during our purple patch. That's the nearest I've ever got to being called a glory Hunter. 

I don't think I've been over indulged with "glory" from that four ??

None whatsoever.

My best man 37 years ago live briefly in Barnsley where I met him. He came from Maryhill.

I stayed in Maryhill when we went to murrayfield for a 5 nations rugby union game when I was 19 in 1980.... Bill Beaumont's grand slam....

On the Friday I got drunk with a gang of lads that remain good friends today..... they convinced me to become a member of the ptfc fan club.... and so it began.

I get to about 4-5 games per year.

Fair enough you're four years older than me  and love Scotland and Cornwall as I feel they are the last areas of unspoilt beauty,hoping to spend a lot of time up there when I semi retire in 4 years time as I hope to film me break the U K Pike fishing recird (46lb 13 oz) and sell the rights to a tv company,at least thats the plan.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

PatrickThistle

Barnsley FC

Yorkshire ccc 

Featherstone Rovers.

I started watching Fev in 73.... during our purple patch. That's the nearest I've ever got to being called a glory Hunter. 

Same as mine, not Partick Thistle though 

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

PatrickThistle

Barnsley FC

Yorkshire ccc 

Featherstone Rovers.

Featherstone rovers since year dot 

i always looked out for Montrose (My Dad spent a lot of time up there as a kid) 

Leeds Utd once upon a time 

don't do cricket 

Im Fev and im proud

Lots of beautiful places around us. In the  past fortnight I haver been to Brayton Woods, Fairburn Ings, Brocadale, and the river walk in York near the old chocolate factory. Been retired 23 years and still love this area. Beauty of Nature all around us. Next is the reopened beauty area in Allerton Bywater. You could also include New Miller Dam and Mary Pannel wood at Ledston.. UTR. 

Fev since 1948. Cricket and football from my next door neighbour. Middlesex for Dennis Compton and  Blackpool because he told me Stan Matthews was a great footballer Never saw either team or the 2 mentioned play but I always look how they are doing.

The songs that are sung i.e 'OLD FAITHFUL and ARM AN ARM  have both got the word 'together' in them meaning the club/team and supporters are together in spirit and support. On that basis I looked up the word 'Together' in songs and lyrics and I found this by 5th Dimension. With a very slight alteration it is appropriate to us. It goes as follows:   

LIVING TOGETHER, GROWING TOGETHER

JUST BEING TOGETHER

THATS HOW IT STARTS

FEV'S LOVING HEARTS

PULLING TOGETHER, WORKING TOGETHER

JUST BUILDING TOGETHER

THAT MAKES YOU STRONG

WHEN THINGS GO WRONG

WE'LL STILL GET ALONG

LIVING AND GROWING TOGETHER.,

The bold bit is where I put Fev's name. Sounds good. and could be adapted to a short lyric. Just a thought by a long serving loyal supporter. What do you think? 

Archived