2018 Squad

IAmASeatonRanger

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Times and Star start off with ‘ talented hooker ‘ but it’s up hill from there...

Yeah the boards have ‘town keep star forward’

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

42 minutes ago, wonderofwood said:

He will retire . Great news on JD. Year on year improvement from a talented young man

Ha I  was just going by the quote Jamie made on twitter about lean and ginger. As he gotta bad injury or summit if he's retiring still only a young lad . Good signing Jamie thought he might have went to haven but at least he's showing loyalty.

Interesting listening to Leon Pryce on the Radio Cumbria sport show tonight

He acknowledges that a good proportion of the squad will be signed up from last year and he has no real input into it - i.e its not fully his squad

He bigged up Jamie Doran - how he would be working on 1 2 1 sessions with him - his main starting half back who would be leading the team around the pitch

He still has commitments with Bradford till December, but will be juggling Town and Bradford till then

Yes, he has lots of contacts within the game but he'd rather have a keen 23 year old traveller on less money than a 34 year old looking for a last pay day. He realises that W Cumbria is away from Lancs/Yorks so only wants players who are committed and that includes the travelling involved

Made a point of keeping to budget, but was saying that the more that local businesses and locals with money in their pockets get involved then themore he can spend on the squad. 

10 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

Interesting listening to Leon Pryce on the Radio Cumbria sport show tonight

He acknowledges that a good proportion of the squad will be signed up from last year and he has no real input into it - i.e its not fully his squad

He bigged up Jamie Doran - how he would be working on 1 2 1 sessions with him - his main starting half back who would be leading the team around the pitch

He still has commitments with Bradford till December, but will be juggling Town and Bradford till then

Yes, he has lots of contacts within the game but he'd rather have a keen 23 year old traveller on less money than a 34 year old looking for a last pay day. He realises that W Cumbria is away from Lancs/Yorks so only wants players who are committed and that includes the travelling involved

Made a point of keeping to budget, but was saying that the more that local businesses and locals with money in their pockets get involved then themore he can spend on the squad. 

I dont think the squad needs massive overhaul.  Just desperately  need a front row. If last seasons squad had some front rowers in it could have done alot better. We must add a few big uns for this season coming 

17 minutes ago, town4me said:

I dont think the squad needs massive overhaul.  Just desperately  need a front row. If last seasons squad had some front rowers in it could have done alot better. We must add a few big uns for this season coming 

I think we need about 10 new faces at least, we’ve lost callum, tee, Davies etc and they need replacing with quality. Let’s remember we hardly beat any teams above us in the regular season and that can’t happen again in what will be a weaker league without Toronto and barrow. I would think a top 4 should be our aim this year

4 minutes ago, town4me said:

So there's  the next blurred out face on twitter.  Perry singleton i think 

He’s already been announced though, looks like Stuart howarth to me. Although it does say new signing

48 minutes ago, town4me said:

Definitely need more beef as we were woefully inadequate  to often in the physical battle and making ground , but after we’ve laid the platform we really need some more quality and incision in creative areas and more strike options outside them . A bit of quality in key areas can make the difference in this league as everyone is much of a muchness , and those signings will tell us a fair bit about where we’re going . To me some guys deserve being re-signed as they’ve more to offer and some don’t or have run their course 

Archived