Self cloning crayfish

6 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I bet you weren't there the night we trashed the old forum either ya newbie

I was looking on in horror.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I bet you weren't there the night we trashed the old forum either ya newbie

That was 2004 :P

I'm not as old and infirm as those who joined before 2000, that's when I joined.  I heard about this hip new site full of rugby's intelligentsia, then decided to join TRL instead.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

4 minutes ago, ckn said:

I'm not as old and infirm as those who joined before 2000, that's when I joined.  I heard about this hip new site full of rugby's intelligentsia, then decided to join TRL instead.

There are very few of the pre-2000 left.  Johnoco seems to have left, Lobbygobbler is a rare visitor.

It might be just me and John Drake.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

31 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

There are very few of the pre-2000 left.  Johnoco seems to have left, Lobbygobbler is a rare visitor.

It might be just me and John Drake.

I'm pretty certain I was around in the late 1990s.

Could be mistaken, I'm not a scientist so lack the rigour of note taking that some may have. 

Edit:

I remember shamelessly blowing my own trumpet when I ran the New York marathon in 1999 so I'd guess at least 1998.

5 hours ago, Shadow said:

I'm pretty certain I was around in the late 1990s.

Could be mistaken, I'm not a scientist so lack the rigour of note taking that some may have. 

Edit:

I remember shamelessly blowing my own trumpet when I ran the New York marathon in 1999 so I'd guess at least 1998.

Excellent.

I was going to put too all the post-2000 posters on Ignore, it would have been too quiet were there not at least three of us.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

10 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Excellent.

I was going to put too all the post-2000 posters on Ignore, it would have been too quiet were there not at least three of us.

The good Doctor Futtocks was involved in the Cetacean / Crustacean GM food industry as I recall so that's probably at least 4.

5 hours ago, ckn said:

RLfans has never been described more perfectly. 

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

The good Doctor Futtocks was involved in the Cetacean / Crustacean GM food industry as I recall so that's probably at least 4.

Yes, I was that soldier. Can't recall when I joined, but I definitely served in the Claw Wars.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Who was it who had the right diva strop about cliques on the forum and why no-one would reply to him/her/it?  That was legendary, maybe not Ace but certainly legendary.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Shakes head and orders another kilo of wine.

In a universe full of imponderables, alcohol is my rock. Mind you, reality is merely an illusion caused by alcohol deficiency. More wine, waiter! And a side order of crayfish, marbled or not.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I was around for the Moby v Fin war and the forum Trashing event.

BD92 made a sudden appearance the other day on here.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

13 hours ago, Padge said:

I was around for the Moby v Fin war and the forum Trashing event.

BD92 made a sudden appearance the other day on here.

Well, yes.  That was only about sixteen years ago.

I was writing about people who have been here a long time.

I beieve you arrived about the same time as Chairman M, BD92, Longweed and League Freak?

2 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Well, yes.  That was only about sixteen years ago.

I was writing about people who have been here a long time.

I beieve you arrived about the same time as Chairman M, BD92, Longweed and League Freak?

Were they before or after Riversiderontour, Mad Dai from Ponty and Yorkshire Pie?

6 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Were they before or after Riversiderontour, Mad Dai from Ponty and Yorkshire Pie?

See, that is when this forum was good.  When we had decent posters.

2 minutes ago, Shadow said:

We always knew when it would nearly be Christmas and when it was Talk Like a Pirate Day

We even had a better class of trolls back then.

Archived