Featherstone Rovers V Dewsbury Rams

ram1999k

It’s a shame the Halifax game was postponed as I thought it would have been the perfect opportunity to showcase a fine home display and maybe put some points on the board ahead of this very tough fixture. Typically I liked to be an optimist but the last few times I have watched Fev they have looked a classy outfit capable of scoring 6+ tries a game. I personally can’t see us getting anything here and although I would love to see a great performance I somewhat see this as a free hit. 

1. Guzdeck

2. Worrincy 

3. Glover if fit (Woolard if not) 

4. Hallet

5. Morton 

6. Sykes 

7. Ansell 

8. Reaily

9. Ward

10. Everett

11. Walshaw 

12. Spicer 

13. Brown 

Day, Speakman, Teanby, Sheriffe

FTS: Ward 

FTS: 48 - 14 Fev 

MOM: Brown

the picture on the Fev website yesterday wasn't pretty and it's sure to be gluey at the top end which is always the worst part of the pitch. But the ground staff there are very good and with double-digit temperatures forecast today and tomorrow it should look a lot better by the weekend...just hope that the forecast heavy rain currently forecast for Saturday afternoon doesn't materialise.

My guess is we'll be ok, the pitch hosted the Normanton - Rochdale CC Cup game played in heavy snow on Saturday 16th March...hosted York v Swinton, also in the CC, the next day, again on a snow-covered pitch, which again was a mudbath by the end...yet 2 days later staged a rescheduled CC game for Fev v N Wales, and the pitch was good enough for Fev to score 13 tries.

13 hours ago, ram1999k said:

It’s a shame the Halifax game was postponed as I thought it would have been the perfect opportunity to showcase a fine home display and maybe put some points on the board ahead of this very tough fixture. Typically I liked to be an optimist but the last few times I have watched Fev they have looked a classy outfit capable of scoring 6+ tries a game. I personally can’t see us getting anything here and although I would love to see a great performance I somewhat see this as a free hit. 

1. Guzdeck

2. Worrincy 

4. Hallet

5. Morton 

6. Sykes 

7. Ansell 

8. Reaily

9. Ward

10. Everett

11. Walshaw 

12. Spicer 

13. Brown 

Fev by 32

19 hours ago, ram1999k said:

1. Guzdeck

2. Worrincy 

4. Hallet

5. Morton 

6. Sykes 

7. Ansell 

8. Reaily

9. Ward

10. Everett

11. Walshaw 

12. Spicer 

13. Brown 

I think that I would start with Teanby and Sheriffe with Reilly and Everett on the bench. I'm not so sure about having both Speakman and Day there but it does depend who else is available. I would like to see Knowles featuring again but don't know if he has yet recovered from his injury. Should we assume that our DR/loanees are no longer available? And have we seen the last of Gareth Moore?

I'm sure the lads will put bags of effort into the game as always but Fev have just got too much for us all round.

Fev 32 - 12 Rams

Att: 1650

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I think that I would start with Teanby and Sheriffe with Reilly and Everett on the bench. I'm not so sure about having both Speakman and Day there but it does depend who else is available. I would like to see Knowles featuring again but don't know if he has yet recovered from his injury. Should we assume that our DR/loanees are no longer available? And have we seen the last of Gareth Moore?

I'm sure the lads will put bags of effort into the game as always but Fev have just got too much for us all round.

Fev 32 - 12 Rams

Att: 1650

That attendance looks a bit on the low side?

3 minutes ago, Phil Loxton said:

That attendance looks a bit on the low side?

I don't think we will send many.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well WR, are you surprised? He took a knock to the head, failed the test, took longer to recover than the usual sufferers of concussion - playing only once since the injury?

I wouldn't be surprised if he has retired, but I do wish we could get some information from the club! If only Mr Kelly would release it!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Well WR, are you surprised? He took a knock to the head, failed the test, took longer to recover than the usual sufferers of concussion - playing only once since the injury?

I wouldn't be surprised if he has retired, but I do wish we could get some information from the club! If only Mr Kelly would release it!

Add to this his business appears to be flourishing and demanding much more of his time than before.  It would be a shame if we have seen the last of him, he gave us some great moments last season .... and for me he was the main reason we did not get relegated.

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:18 PM, Wakefield Ram said:

BSJ - why have we seen the last of Gareth Moore?

he has moved his caravan....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Well we got more points than I anticipated and in the first half we looked good, getting right up Fev's noses (much to the distaste of some home fans), completing our sets and scoring three good tries.

Second half, uphill, we just faded away, not completing sets, not completing tackles or, on numerous occasions not covering the ball in the tackle and with that, allowing Featherstone to storm down the middle and we offered little in attack.

Now Rovears did score some good tries, but I think you will find the first try of the second half was from a very forward pass (it wouldn't have altered the outcome, but I think heads dropped then). Fev managed to get away with head high tackles and Dews lost a knock-on decision when a Fev player tackled Morton (I think it was) as the ball hit him.

Rovers are quick to run, pass and create openings; Dews, on the other hand (second half especially), looked ponderous, like to pass to a standing team mate, or pass unnecessarily. Much improvement needed I'm sorry to say. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Just seen the vid.... Wildie's try did look to come off a forrad pass on the vtr....

I thought the ref was ok.... a couple of high ones went unpunished either side .

I'll comment on sykes' head shot when I've seen it again.

Enjoyed the game.

At least the ref didn't get blamed this week?

Archived