Dewsbury Game

Reverend Ram

Another Sunday, another trip to the Heavy Woollen District for the WP - though I would hope and pray that your team do not get the same after match reception that our friends on the other side of the valley managed to give you! I personally am in favour of what you are doing for the game and even though I go back on the game a long time I respect the fact that a lot of WP fans are new and don't perhaps understand fully the nuances of both the small town mentality and big chip on our shoulders from 100 plus years of being looked down on by the rah rah types. Still, you recognise what a wonderful game we have here and I look forward to testing our resolve against the Pack - but loyalty is something that comes with time and the ability to accept both a thumping 86-0 defeat against Widnes and the joy of beating Leeds in a championship final (the precursor to the grand final - yes even we managed it at least once) so when you taste defeat on a regular basis (and it will happen) you can then consider yourselves true RL fans! Here's to a competitive game on Sunday and if you are really keen we will explain what Shoddy and Mungo are.....

I would love to but won't make it! Very good point about their supporters getting to know the nuances of both the game and the clubs. I entirely support their efforts to expand our game, and do not understand those who criticise TW for their lack of Canadian players - if they are successful, that will eventually come. 

i will be their for sure as an undercover dews fan..lol. you try not to fall out with your own fans aftermatch reverend as have been privy to that a few times.. should be a great game but am sure dews will learn just were we all are in pecking order...:download:

crowd 1.299.  fts higson.   mom >>  kay.

2 hours ago, distantdog said:

I would love to but won't make it! Very good point about their supporters getting to know the nuances of both the game and the clubs. I entirely support their efforts to expand our game, and do not understand those who criticise TW for their lack of Canadian players - if they are successful, that will eventually come. 

Lets be honest...its going to take years to slowly create a successive club from nothing in a far distant foreign land from the other teams...but we are fully determined, we are fully committed, and its going to happen come hell or high water.  

We know there is a lot riding on our shoulders and we welcome the task!

"Run With The Pack!"

Because Graham my mother always told me not to cross to the dark side. just this once I might just come across to help with your finances and also seeing as we play on Saturday.

Good luck against them.

2 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

They tell us the weather forecast Kman but they are usually 80% wrong.

Thats a very high accuracy rate compared to where I live....calling for a major ice storm this weekend....has the potential to be a bad one but it all depends exactly where it hits.

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I hope there is a big crowd....what does the weather forecast look like over there?

Think there will be fair few Batley fans there, since we play on the Saturday. Rain is forecast, but like someone has said, that might change. 

On 4/12/2018 at 12:21 PM, Kayakman said:

Thats a very high accuracy rate compared to where I live....calling for a major ice storm this weekend....has the potential to be a bad one but it all depends exactly where it hits.

Pretty nasty here in Toronto. That's why home opener in March will never work (unless Bob Beswick has license to operate a snow plow).

On 12/04/2018 at 5:12 PM, Kayakman said:

I hope there is a big crowd....what does the weather forecast look like over there?

Update: just been out with the dog and we walked past the stadium, it’s much colder out than it was yesterday and it’s starting to rain. Hope it’s a good game for you all. 

28 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

Update: just been out with the dog and we walked past the stadium, it’s much colder out than it was yesterday and it’s starting to rain. Hope it’s a good game for you all. 

What type of temp. are we looking at here and what kind of dog you got?

21 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

What type of temp. are we looking at here and what kind of dog you got?

Ha, I think it’s about 12 degrees C but there was a stiff breeze that was making it feel colder. Still positively balmy to you at the moment, though, I’m sure. 

And she’s a Jack Russell/chihuahua cross. She weighs 11 pounds but thinks she’s a Great Dane!

cant you just start a league over in Canada.....and stop bothering us folk over here....

our lads have got jobs to go to.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

It is the mark of a decent side that they can grind out a win and that’s what the WP did today - our boys did very well in defence with some great tackling and some silly mistakes to gift at least two tries but Brierley also had an off day with the kicking tee - but I think the score was a fair reflection of the game overall. And as far as I know your coach was treated with respect.....

8 minutes ago, RPH said:

cant you just start a league over in Canada.....and stop bothering us folk over here....

our lads have got jobs to go to.....

Ahhh, quit the whining....you guys love a free, all expense paid  trip overseas as much as the next guy!

6 minutes ago, Reverend Ram said:

It is the mark of a decent side that they can grind out a win

they are full time pros FFS

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

7 minutes ago, Reverend Ram said:

It is the mark of a decent side that they can grind out a win and that’s what the WP did today - our boys did very well in defence with some great tackling and some silly mistakes to gift at least two tries but Brierley also had an off day with the kicking tee - but I think the score was a fair reflection of the game overall. And as far as I know your coach was treated with respect.....

I think you got it about right...good game and the Rams were tough as expected...thanks for treating us with respect...nice grounds you got there.....field was in great shape.

I give the ref a B or B minus on the day..

15 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

Kayakman..... Why a B or B minus for the ref??  Just what do you think he did wrong ??  

Oh No I won't be drawn in like a negative Batley or Featherstone person....ref did his best...thats my rating....it is what it is....onwards to next week.

Archived