Match Thread: Challenge Cup Featherstone Rovers v Hull Thursday 10th May2018

1 hour ago, Phil Loxton said:

I think this could have the Warrington match of last season written all over it. Just hope everyone benefits from the experience for our forthcoming league games and everyone comes through it unscathed.They are a very talented team and we should be under no illusions this time.

Think you’re right, I too hope all the players enjoy it and come away injury free, when on form, Hull are a very talented, exciting team to watch, but they do have some players out, so hopefully they’ll be gentle with us ?....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/05/2018 at 4:02 PM, The Phantom Horseman said:

This game is firmly in the "nothing to lose" category for me, though it would be nice not to be seriously embarrassed as we have done in front of the TV cameras a few times in the recent past. You'd think they'll have too much pace and power for us out wide, though I did think that in 1983 too!

As much as I'd love to win i just can't see it, Hull may have some missing but there's still too big a gap and our tackling leaves a lot to be desired at times - hope Iam proven wrong but can't see it. 

10 hours ago, paff said:

i will just leave this to view, we was going to get beat easy by S*** and we are going to get beat easy by Hull .come on the rovers no respect give them a game

Hull are a better team then s--- were but that win will long live on in my memories of Rovers. 

11 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Hull are a better team then s--- were but that win will long live on in my memories of Rovers. 

I agree but what if ? no Snyed and Kelly 

Hope we give it a good go ,Luke scores and no injuries and i will be happy 

Looking at the betting, Briscoe is generally 16-1 to score the game's first try. He has done that in 6 of our 15 games so far. Taken literally, which obviously is a bit of a stretch, that would mean he should be 6-4 to score first in an average game.

Clearly this is against SL opposition so far from an average game - heck, we didn't score at all against Leeds in the Cup last year - but 16-1 still looks big to me (have also backed him at 7-4 to score a try at any time).

26 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Might as well lock this thread now, quiet, uneventful game with nothing to discuss...

How many cards was it? Sky score centre has it as six yellow and a red?! Sounds quite uneventful!;)

4 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Before we start on the match itself... was the attendance given out as 2300? Is someone fiddling the tax man?

Attendances given out at games often appear to bear little or no relation to the figures that are logged by the turnstiles and used for tax purposes......

If Thackeray had not dropped the ball TWICE, and without the 2 breakaway tries who knows.,?

The effort shown was outstanding, as shown by the amount of species clapping them off at the end.

Great show Fev, this surely sets us up for a cracker against Leigh.

Thought that we had a good dig, apart from the first 15 minutes. We certainly rattled them and at times I thought that they were annoyed that we didn't roll over

Can't believe that Misi didn't get at least binned, but thought that the ref was like a rabbit caught in the headlights, totally out of his depth (although he has done SL most of the season)

Just now, clogdance said:

You started it because you couldn't win the game, THAT tackle on Jamie Shaul (red card) went unpunished, and then they resorted to your tactics. Disgraceful effort, you must be so proud of your boys. :shout:

It was never a red.  Yellow yes.  Seen a replay and there was no contact with the head.  Contact was across the chest.

Your boys were at it from the start, grapple tackles galore, knees in the face, even what looked like a gouge which the touchie saw, thought about coming on for and bottled it.

You were no angels, please don't try and claim you were.

It was a niggly, dirty display from both teams.  Add that to a weak official and the game was always going to end with cards and fights.

first 20 minutes men against boys but after that rovers were right in the mix could have been a lot closer but for our usual stupid errors ref not brill but taulipapa was a defo red however he did ignore some of hulls high shots and this game really needed a top ref not that there is many around.

just shows we can play well without all the DR players just praying we get a full back for next season especially if luke is a gonner.

I was hoping we could keep them within 20 and we did that even with the gifts we gave them so overall a really good effort.

The reason for the poor attendance was probably down to the dire performance against toulouse.

4 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

It was never a red.  Yellow yes.  Seen a replay and there was no contact with the head.  Contact was across the chest.

Your boys were at it from the start, grapple tackles galore, knees in the face, even what looked like a gouge which the touchie saw, thought about coming on for and bottled it.

You were no angels, please don't try and claim you were.

It was a niggly, dirty display from both teams.  Add that to a weak official and the game was always going to end with cards and fights.

I don't support Hull....

It looked like the game was from back in the 80's !!

Niggly from both sides and I can see the disciplinary having a field day.

Fev play some good expansive stuff. I recognise plenty of moves from the Leigh side Duffy played for under Millward and they a dangerous around the edges. If it wasnt for the poor start, who knows what could have happened ?

Ridyards defence is still poor. Will be hoping we run at him constantly next weekend.

Well done Fev. Stood up and wasny bullied by what is a HUGE Hull side. Well done !

Archived