Dear Diary

Proper Diary entry. I had a great weekend, I went up to London & met my ex-wife for a memorial service and met a Glaswegian mate in the pub with my ex, and had a few glasses of booze, then I nearly missed my train stop in St. Leonards, and nearly ended up going back to Brighton. I Had my daughter round for dinner on Sunday, and we had a great time, playing backgammon on the Promenade, a bit of shopping, rock pooling, and my next door neighbour gave her £10, just for looking cute. He is elderly, and I do look after him. It was nice sitting in a pub on Stroud Green Rd again, I haven't been there for 6 years. The bar staff were fantastic, and even charged my phone up so I could text my ex to let her know where I was (her sister looks very sexy), I should've used to day to go to White Hart Lane, and watched the Skolars, but I didn't, sorry. My ex lives in Norfolk, so doesn't get to see many LIVE games, neither do I, She is a Londoner, but fell in love with TGG back in 1988 when I first took her to see a game up north (Can't name the ground on H&S), and after that she was, and still is, hooked.

Suz, you're a lard ass gobby woman, but I still love you. Thank you for dinner.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/05/2019 at 15:47, ckn said:

I was asked to attend a GP training event today just in case people wanted to ask questions about all the changes we’re doing in the region.  Two and a half hours of sitting through a presentation on genital health and STDs later I got told “did no-one mention your bit wouldn’t start until after 4?”  The 2nd worst part was the presenter showing pictures of all sorts of lumpy and fusty genitals and saying “right, what would you diagnose with this one then?”  The worst part was that they had cream cakes on the side for the tea break before the non-clinical stuff.

Back in 1999, you could not download PDFs of scientific papers. You had to fill in a form at the company library, which would be sent off and a photocopy sent to you by internal mail. As a microbiologist, I ordered a paper from The Journal of Gonerrea and venereal Diseases. 

It did not arrive, so I ordered it again. Eventually, I was contacted by a chap who worked in IT and had no reason to order such papers. He figured out they must be for me and let me know his colleagues were taking the muck about the articles being sent to his pigeon hole. 

Having met him, the idea he might have venereal diseases seemed very remote. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

OK, some weekends you are the puck, sometimes the stick....

Swinton Win

Villa Win

I Get a PIP Payment early

My "mate with a van" rings and offers me work for tomorrow at a pay rise because we do Hastings-Eastleigh-Camberley-Hastings from 0600 & back by 1700, I don't mind, I'm not driving!

PS., I declare all earnings to DWP.

The child in me sniggers every time I hear the name of the US Ambassador to the UK: Woody Johnson.  Come on... he’s trolling us...

Just like Trumps first wife... Ivana Trump

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The train into London today has been changed from the usual InterCity to a commuter train.  Lots of seriously narked folk who can’t get seats on the way to the cricket.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

We just had our annual power usage review from Scottish Power, the gas usage graph was very interesting, grey line is historical usage over the last 14 years, green line is this year’s:

55D811F8-15A5-419C-BF28-1C78A76325CC.jpeg

We got a new boiler installed in January (ish) and it’s more than halved our gas usage over winter.  Caveat that it was a fairly mild winter but still...

We’re having a day off today, just hanging around our villa on holiday and doing nothing but mellowing out, reading and so on. The thing I love about this place is the absolute lack of human noise. Just sitting back listening to the waves of the tide come in. 

Absolutely smashed our budget coming here but worth every penny. Certainly better than other years where every spare penny has gone into healthcare costs  

6B45CEBB-883C-4F8C-97F2-63F1ED979B9E.jpeg

On 04/06/2018 at 00:05, ckn said:

As there’s been grumblings about my misuse of the Uninteresting Trivial Facts thread, I thought why not a thread for the little observations in our life. 

So, my starter. 

I hate funerals, going to my third funeral of 2018 already today (Monday). 

I hate going to funerals, weddings, christening’s, family parties, somebodies 40th, 50th whatever age they are.

What a mare having to chat with people you’ll only see once a year or hopefully only once every five years. At least at a funeral they don’t have some ###### dj playing Take That, Robbie Williams, Coldplay songs. 

24 minutes ago, Sparse Attendance said:

I hate going to funerals, weddings, christening’s, family parties, somebodies 40th, 50th whatever age they are.

What a mare having to chat with people you’ll only see once a year or hopefully only once every five years. At least at a funeral they don’t have some ###### dj playing Take That, Robbie Williams, Coldplay songs. 

We attended a funeral recently and at the wake there was another wake taking place in another room in the same establishment, they had bloody karaoke.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

The wife convinced me to have a massage yesterday at the place we’re at on holiday. Normally can’t stand that sort of thing so it took her some doing to get me to go. 

The guy who did it was a small Malaysian guy with lipstick on who reminded me of Jimmy Krankie. 90 minute “stress relief” massage. 

This morning I feel like I’ve done 80 minutes as a Super League prop. I’m knackered and my back is stiff. I walked like an old man for the first 10 mins after getting out of bed. 

The lesson I’ve learned is that my wife is wrong. After all, she chose me as a husband therefore her decisions must all be treated as suspect. 

7 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Nope but they would be easier to pack for travelling. 

Indeed.

I'm thinking of getting one. I rode one a few times when young.... and that's a while ago.

This is a cracking film and includes some surf mat footage:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmBIapUR-PQ&list=PLBeqnHzOOCP9tdTFA3EHZwaOh6uI6DGc2

3 hours ago, longboard said:

Indeed.

I'm thinking of getting one. I rode one a few times when young.... and that's a while ago.

This is a cracking film and includes some surf mat footage:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmBIapUR-PQ&list=PLBeqnHzOOCP9tdTFA3EHZwaOh6uI6DGc2

They look fun and that's the most important thing! I know because a World Champion told me. ?

_20190103_154723.JPG

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

The room we’re in has one of those Japanese toilets that has a built in electric bidet with all the different cleaning functions, a dryer, night lights and even a gentle music function for blocking out noises. Going back to our good British toilets will seem like going back generations to shared outside toilets and John Wayne bog-roll. 

Happy Birthday to me.

I had a great day today celebrating my 57th birthday on Sunday. Swinton beat Toulouse the day before, and I met my 10 year old daughter today for my usual visit. I got loads of messages from FB Mates, including Barry from Warrington who played for Hillingdon Tigers, my ex-wife, and three guys who I used to work with that I haven't spoke to in 12 years. Plus I got a call from an ODP I have known for 30 years, and regard him as a brother.

I walked into the town centre with my daughter, and bumped into a friend from a regular meeting I attend 3x a week, and we had Ice Cream, courtesy of my Daughters pocket money, I was also given a box of Tofefee, and a M&S box of Beer flavoured Chocolates - nice, by her, for Birthday/FD.

Then due to my financial situation, we had frozen Pizza & Home made chips for dinner. I normally take her out for dinner, but my Universal Credit is due Monday. We then watched MiB2, again, just because it's one of our favourite film franchises & it was on Film4.

At 22:17 my UC was credited to my account, and I instigated a clause that I would take my daughter out for a meal tomorrow. Italian Way, 17:30, sea view please.

Tomorrow, shopping at Lidl, bits at Asda, then 14:30 at JC+ for usual interrogation. But this is a short month, as my PIP is due 25th, but I have three weeks stretch after that, so I need to squirrel away with 10yo £70 to help.

Funnily enough, we saw a used bookshop selling Peter Benchley's JAWS, and we got talking about that, apparently my 10yo's mate is obsessed by the film, and it was on ITV4 tonight. I have it on DVD if anyone wants to view the extras/making of.

28 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Happy Birthday to me.

I had a great day today celebrating my 57th birthday on Sunday. Swinton beat Toulouse the day before, and I met my 10 year old daughter today for my usual visit. I got loads of messages from FB Mates, including Barry from Warrington who played for Hillingdon Tigers, my ex-wife, and three guys who I used to work with that I haven't spoke to in 12 years. Plus I got a call from an ODP I have known for 30 years, and regard him as a brother.

I walked into the town centre with my daughter, and bumped into a friend from a regular meeting I attend 3x a week, and we had Ice Cream, courtesy of my Daughters pocket money, I was also given a box of Tofefee, and a M&S box of Beer flavoured Chocolates - nice, by her, for Birthday/FD.

Then due to my financial situation, we had frozen Pizza & Home made chips for dinner. I normally take her out for dinner, but my Universal Credit is due Monday. We then watched MiB2, again, just because it's one of our favourite film franchises & it was on Film4.

At 22:17 my UC was credited to my account, and I instigated a clause that I would take my daughter out for a meal tomorrow. Italian Way, 17:30, sea view please.

Tomorrow, shopping at Lidl, bits at Asda, then 14:30 at JC+ for usual interrogation. But this is a short month, as my PIP is due 25th, but I have three weeks stretch after that, so I need to squirrel away with 10yo £70 to help.

Funnily enough, we saw a used bookshop selling Peter Benchley's JAWS, and we got talking about that, apparently my 10yo's mate is obsessed by the film, and it was on ITV4 tonight. I have it on DVD if anyone wants to view the extras/making of.

Happy birthday!  Really good to see you taking the positives out of all the negatives in your life. It really is an upturn in your posts so well done and here’s to many more birthday posts from you on here. 

Archived