Dear Diary

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The company I worked for last year Apr-Oct until I took a day off sick because I had broken 2 ribs have just sent me a reminder to email my time sheet off in time for the Easter Holiday, I told them to off (Go away), I also asked them if they were taking the ###### (Urine).

I had to be in east London by 0930. If I drive at rush hour then I add an hour to my commute. I’m here 70 minutes early as the roads are almost empty. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

17 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

The company I worked for last year Apr-Oct until I took a day off sick because I had broken 2 ribs have just sent me a reminder to email my time sheet off in time for the Easter Holiday, I told them to off (Go away), I also asked them if they were taking the ###### (Urine).

Have you ever wondered why things seem to happen (or not happen)  to you? 

HTH

The letter flap just went, I looked out the window wondering who it was and saw two Jehovah's Witnesses walking away, they'd pushed a leaflet through and walked off without knocking.

We have two lots here, it's either an old guy on his own or two younger ones, I think they take it in turns.  I always have a good chat with the old guy, he's given up trying to convert me and we just shoot the breeze about the world for a while then he wanders off in good spirits.  The younger ones always do their damnedest to convince me I'm wrong and we usually end up having an argument where I have fun taking their points apart.

I guess the younger ones are now happy for me to be consigned to hell when I die but are putting the pamphlet through to be neutral at least in their aim to get one of the few spots in heaven, if any are left according to their faith.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The wife fell asleep while we were watching telly so I decided to have a quick play of a computer game.  That was 9pm.  I thought it was about midnight and I'd head off to bed, it's nearly 0240... 

Ah well, I didn't need that much sleep anyway.

"The writer is an English teacher. Read more about his life on his Tin Can Teacher blog."

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/apr/16/teacher-live-back-van-personal-story-anonymous

The writer is an idiot, divorced from reality.

Dear Diary,    

I think I've lost all patience and sympathy.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Сегодняшняя встреча была очень удручающей, где водка

Dagens møde var meget deprimerende, hvor er vodka

اجتماع اليوم كان محبطا للغاية ، حيث هو الفودكا

In a sign that, at the age of 47, I may finally be growing up, we bought a new fan today rather than leaving it to the summer heat and all the shops being sold out of them.  I don’t like this growing up business... sounds too much like responsibility.

8 hours ago, ckn said:

In a sign that, at the age of 47, I may finally be growing up, we bought a new fan today rather than leaving it to the summer heat and all the shops being sold out of them.  I don’t like this growing up business... sounds too much like responsibility.

I have highlighted the germane word

its not growing up, it’s being married that is happening to you

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

I have highlighted the germane word

its not growing up, it’s being married that is happening to you

I suppose... 19½ years of marriage eventually wore that bit of roughness down.

11 minutes ago, ckn said:

I suppose... 19½ years of marriage eventually wore that bit of roughness down.

Rookie.

Mrs Shadow & I will be celebrating 35 years this July.

"I'd like to thank my wife for ten of the happiest years of my life"

"We've been married 35 dear"

"I know what I'm saying woman"

Thank you, here all week.

I had a GP appointment this morning and she weighed me. I’m 5kg lighter than I was last time she weighed me three months ago. That’s nice then. 

Our doorbell seems to have died. Remote one with a repeater upstairs. It’s normally on a standard bell but at the graceful hour of 0230 it just played a miserably slow jingle bells then buzzed. It seems to be dead...

I've just applied for a credit card, my first one this decade.  I need to hire a car and none of the big companies will rent me one without a credit card.

I really don't want a credit card and I object seriously to being pushed to get one simply because some idiot companies think I'm a higher risk paying with a debit card, linked to an active bank account and tied firmly to my home address, than with a credit card that I got with around five clicks of my mouse.

6 hours ago, ckn said:

I've just applied for a credit card, my first one this decade.  I need to hire a car and none of the big companies will rent me one without a credit card.

I really don't want a credit card and I object seriously to being pushed to get one simply because some idiot companies think I'm a higher risk paying with a debit card, linked to an active bank account and tied firmly to my home address, than with a credit card that I got with around five clicks of my mouse.

I'm not a fan of credit facilities, per se, but you can really make a credit card work for you if you manage it well. I make around £400 a year out of credit card companies and don't pay them a penny of interest. It's not all bad, but I appreciate it is the principle you mention above that is in question!  

Archived