Dear Diary

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far this week (Saturday to Friday) I have worked 72 hours according to the time monitoring stuff we're trialling.  I'm too old for this...

I'm absolutely delighted next week is half-term and most senior clinicians pull rank and go on holiday to recover from the winter pressures holiday embargo period.  That means I can relax and catch up on life a bit.

p.s. the above paragraph means that it may not be the best time to go ill between now and after Easter Monday.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I’ve spent £95 on petrol today for my car. £33 this morning as I was in a rush so went to one on route that was more expensive. Did a part-fuel to do me through the day. £62 just now to top it up at home.

I know I’ll get 450+ miles out of that easily but it’s still disheartening seeing the cost. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

3 minutes ago, ckn said:

I’ve spent £95 on petrol today for my car. £33 this morning as I was in a rush so went to one on route that was more expensive. Did a part-fuel to do me through the day. £62 just now to top it up at home.

I know I’ll get 450+ miles out of that easily but it’s still disheartening seeing the cost. 

How many litres is that for?!

5 minutes ago, ckn said:

Use public transport then 

4 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

How many litres is that for?!

I have a 70 litre tank and it was at fumes this morning. 

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Use public transport then 

My time to travel would more than double and my cost to travel would also more than double. Plus the nature of my job is that I tend to be in the more deprived parts of London where you really don’t want to be wandering around in a suit at night on your own. 

2 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

me rigid £95 is mental for that amount!

Ah no, 50-odd litres at night, 25-odd this morning. 

58 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

Still, that’d be around $85 over here, about £45.  Not going to gripe about it any more, holy ######.

We have fuel duty that exceeds the fuel price. Then we have VAT on top of the duty so we pay tax (VAT) on a tax (duty) with money that’s already taxed (salary taxes). 

28 minutes ago, ckn said:

We have fuel duty that exceeds the fuel price. Then we have VAT on top of the duty so we pay tax (VAT) on a tax (duty) with money that’s already taxed (salary taxes). 

Similar nonsense here too, we had the carbon tax as well that’s now having the Provinces take the Feds to court over.  One consistent thing everywhere is the b****y tax man!

On a completely different tangent, the missus was at a liquidation auction and ended up getting a batch of books which had a couple of Avro Arrow books amongst them which are worth a fair bit, but the crown was a numbered first edition Robert Taylor ‘Spitfire’ print signed by none other than Douglas Bader and Johnnie Johnson!

Bit of a nerdgasm on my part!

I’ve just had my first advert for Christmas 2019.  Council email advertising its Cinderella show at the local theatre.

I suppose it’s better than last year’s March for the first Christmas advert

2 interesting thing happened while we were offline, and John was trying to fit a 13amp fuse into a 3amp plug.

I went to meet a friend in Eastbourne, that I haven't seen since the NHS terminated me, literally some days, and we went into this pub, and he asks for a pint of Estrella, I just asked for a glass of tap water, when the Landlady asked for £5.40, he stood there open mouthed, picked the pint up, and poured in on the floor, turned around and said something of the lines of "I don't know where you get away with charging West End London prices, in a ###ty little pub, in a ###ty little provincial seaside Shi##ole town like this, but I'm not paying that". Walked out, slamming the door so hard I almost heard the Prosecco bottles rattle.

Secondly, I was getting off the bus this afternoon, after my trip to Rye, as I was coming down the stairs the driver put her arm out to stop an old biddie from getting on the bus, she stands right in the middle of the doors and asks the Driver if she was going to Warrior Square, when the driver said she wasn't the Biddie started telling the driver that she does, and she caught the 100 last week to warrior Square. I politely asked if I could get off the bus, and Biddie started swearing at me, when I told her that I want to get off, she told me to F off, at which point I replied the same. She then said, you can't talk to me like that, I'm 77. I said " Yes and still as ugly and rude as when you were 27", and pushed past her. #####.

Archived