Dear Diary

16 hours ago, ckn said:

My annual army pension letter arrived, I got a 2.4% increase this year ?

Well done. My very tiny French state pension went up about 7 or 8 pence a month. Bloody CIPAV. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There’s a WhatsApp group for many of us in the NHS to gossip on.  One post this morning copied verbatim (with name deletions): “(deleted) has invited me to a meeting without coffee first thing this morning. I didn’t know she had given up coffee, she always has one”

I really don’t have the heart to tell him that he may be having a less pleasant meeting than he expects! ? 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On 17/04/2019 at 00:20, Bleep1673 said:

Сегодняшняя встреча была очень удручающей, где водка

Dagens møde var meget deprimerende, hvor er vodka

اجتماع اليوم كان محبطا للغاية ، حيث هو الفودكا

Hvad handlede mødet om?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

My car has just passed its MOT.  That's always a worry for an ageing car!  No defects or advisories ?

Service done as well.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I wanted to add this yesterday but I thought better of it.  It's been one of those days though.

I see the hostile environment has got rid of at least one Furner.

1 hour ago, ckn said:

I wanted to add this yesterday but I thought better of it.  It's been one of those days though.

I see the hostile environment has got rid of at least one Furner.

A rugby league forum and no-one comments on that.  I despair.  You're all obviously too young to get absolutely awful jokes.

3 minutes ago, ckn said:

A rugby league forum and no-one comments on that.  I despair.  You're all obviously too young to get absolutely awful jokes.

I treated it with the respect it deserved.?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

11 hours ago, ckn said:

It’s not funny if you have to explain it:kolobok_blum3:

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

It’s not funny if you have to explain it:kolobok_blum3:

I had hoped some people on AOB would read the rugby forums...

40 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Today I have my first exercise session on the Cardiology Rehab Programme. Already had initial consultation. Already had induction session. Today it's actual exercise! 

Have fun with the physioterrorists!

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 15:56, ckn said:

My annual army pension letter arrived, I got a 2.4% increase this year ?

I tried to ease the burden of living on soley Universal credit, by making enquiries about withdrawing my NHS pension, as there is no chance of me ever working for them again, due to the resons for my dismissal. NHS Pensions were absolutely lovely. Pointed me in the right direction, and sent me forms etc., but when I mentioned it to Job Centre I got told that for every pound the NHSP pays me, I will have my Benefit reduced by one pound, so I will be no better off, so I am leaving NHSP where it is until I am 65, only 9 years wait.

23 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Smiling assassins! Nearly bloody killed me, they did! I was knackered after the 15 min warm up! 

Physioterrorists are failed dentists, they harness the bitterness to inflict greater pain ?

16 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

Physioterrorists are failed dentists, they harness the bitterness to inflict greater pain ?

Not got as far as physios yet... This was just the excercise team! ???

39 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Smiling assassins! Nearly bloody killed me, they did! I was knackered after the 15 min warm up! 

When the wife was in hospital in 2016, she was really weak and struggling to even sit but the physios wanted her out of bed. To encourage her, one said “we can get you a comfy chair”. I started sniggering and the wife said “not the comfy chair!”  More sniggering. They were all too young to understand the context and probably thought I was being mean to my wife in sniggering away. 

I did suggest a nice cushion and a cup of tea. 

Youngsters these days. 

The coffee shop just along from work has had to remove its tip jar as it’s been stolen too often and the staff have been threatened by #### for not having enough money in it for them to “bother stealing”.

I was asked to attend a GP training event today just in case people wanted to ask questions about all the changes we’re doing in the region.  Two and a half hours of sitting through a presentation on genital health and STDs later I got told “did no-one mention your bit wouldn’t start until after 4?”  The 2nd worst part was the presenter showing pictures of all sorts of lumpy and fusty genitals and saying “right, what would you diagnose with this one then?”  The worst part was that they had cream cakes on the side for the tea break before the non-clinical stuff.

Archived