Who's in the most trouble after week 1?

Of the 4 teams that lost their opening games in the qualifiers, who should be most worried about Super League status in 2019?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Of the 4 teams that lost their opening games in the qualifiers, who should be most worried about Super League status in 2019?

• Widnes
    • Hull KR
    • Toulouse
    • Halifax

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/08/18 at 12:47

22 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I've gone for Widnes.  Clearly Rovers results was not in their script but it was against current SL opposition. I fear that Widnes won't even make the 4/5th play off game.

the might well finish bottom again and re brand next year to Widness Carps. Their big signing got injure in the game didn't he? 17 straight loses, beaten at home by a champ side, more injuries...it's over folks.

34 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

the Toulouse v Halifax game will probably be the end of the road for one of them. 

But lets look at what the teams objectives are before we say end of the road?

all SL team: Stay in SL

Halifax: give others a hard time and maybe win a game

London/Toulouse: are they actually looking for promotion this year? likely but would they be satisfied with making the MPG and missing out? 

TWP: two objectives here actually.

1. from senior management they are in no hurry to make it this year so getting a good experience of the 8's for next year is fine.
  2. Rowley & Noble and i imagine all the players want SL now. 

So if Fax would lose the next game its really not the end of nothing as making the top 4 was the end goal, this is all gravy. Toulouse i believe mentioned earlier in the season that this year might be a year to early for them but if they make it they will take it, so don't think they would be bothered if they didn't make it.

Aren't TWP and TO ahead of their respective x-year plans to make SL?? If I recall that correctly, neither should be too disappointed if they don't make it this year. One of these, though, I can see replacing Widnes this time around.

London, much as I'd like them to do well, I think are still not quite ready. Halifax are the "making up the numbers" team this year, as were Batley and Fev the last couple of seasons.

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

There’s only two possible answers to this question and only one correct answer from those two; Widnes Vikings. Though Hull KR should be uneasy as well. 

Championship clubs shouldn’t be on here. Were either Halifax or Toulouse expected to beat Toronto and Leeds this weekend? The bookies didn’t think so and most people wouldn’t have expected a win for either, so including them in this is not fair. 

You never know. Widnes might bounce back from this and beat Salford. That would be huge for Rovers.

For every shock/unexpected result, you need to hope someone else gets one or you get one in your favour to balance it out. There's not much room for error in this league!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

14 hours ago, FearNothing said:

Aren't TWP and TO ahead of their respective x-year plans to make SL?? If I recall that correctly, neither should be too disappointed if they don't make it this year. One of these, though, I can see replacing Widnes this time around.

London, much as I'd like them to do well, I think are still not quite ready. Halifax are the "making up the numbers" team this year, as were Batley and Fev the last couple of seasons.

think thats quite disrespectful to say fax are making up the numbers.  we finished level on points with both toulouse and london.   fax work hard on a very limited budget to make the qualifiers 3 out 4 seasons now.   we wont go up in all likelyhood but we are competitive in every game and will run teams close.    making up the numbers is not putting much effort in and getting whipped each week!

On 8/13/2018 at 10:56 AM, fevtom said:

It depends what you mean by most trouble. I still see Halifax as the least likely to be in the Super League after the 8's but that was expected to be the case anyway. Worst result of the week would either have to be Widnes or KR.

Totaly agree, Halifax are in a position of having everything to gain and nothing Toulouse!! Boom Boom

sorry I couldn’t resist, the corny ones are the best lol

50 minutes ago, midlandfaxfan said:

think thats quite disrespectful to say fax are making up the numbers.  we finished level on points with both toulouse and london.   fax work hard on a very limited budget to make the qualifiers 3 out 4 seasons now.   we wont go up in all likelyhood but we are competitive in every game and will run teams close.    making up the numbers is not putting much effort in and getting whipped each week!

I put it in inverted commas to try and convey there was no disrespect meant or implied.....I just don't see them finishing anything other than bottom. I don't dispute how well they've done to get into the top 4 (and like the fact they've got some young Welsh talent in the reserves :) )

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

37 minutes ago, FearNothing said:

I put it in inverted commas to try and convey there was no disrespect meant or implied.....I just don't see them finishing anything other than bottom. I don't dispute how well they've done to get into the top 4 (and like the fact they've got some young Welsh talent in the reserves :) )

its just we deserved to be there as much as everyone else and people would rather have seen fev or leigh instead.   we may well finish bottom.    this weekend against toulouse will go a long way to deciding that.   apologies if i misinterpreted you original comments.

2 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I would have voted for Leeds, Hewer gave them a massive helping hand against TO, they've lost Hall and IMHO could struggle. Of those that were in the poll I voted Widnes 

There is a feeling among non Leeds fans that the Rhinos have more 50/50 decisions go their way than any other Super League club.

I wouldn't want to comment after their victory over Toulouse :wink:

No sinbin for Myler for deliberately slowing the PtB

No red card or even a yellow for a reckless swinging arm to the neck "just keep it down a bit" I think he said, what a joke!

No red card for deliberate raising of the elbow to opponents head, Watts got red carded for that last year and his arm wasn't even raised fgs!

that's just three to start with, sure Leeds ran away with it in the end but those decisions by Hewer had a very direct influence on how things panned out. If the RFL wanted to ensure Leeds stayed in SL they could at least be a bit more subtle.

That wore diabolical Camp-bell u d@@@head, wrong ref, same outcome though.

Archived