New Stadium for Workington

Rango

The big question Town need to ask and then sort out - who gets the bar and lounge money? It's a big income for any small club.

Maybe build in 2 bars one for each club and on match day (say for a Town match) Town keep the town bar money and any money raised in the Reds bar would go to council. Then reverse for Reds games.

Also think need to sell own food rather than get in a catering firm more money lost at the moment.

Would think there would be a joint club shop for Town and Reds which would be great.

Looks like the end of the Speedway team in Working ton though.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

The big question Town need to ask and then sort out - who gets the bar and lounge money? It's a big income for any small club.

Maybe build in 2 bars one for each club and on match day (say for a Town match) Town keep the town bar money and any money raised in the Reds bar would go to council. Then reverse for Reds games.

Also think need to sell own food rather than get in a catering firm more money lost at the moment.

Would think there would be a joint club shop for Town and Reds which would be great.

I can't see 2 bars being built to be honest. 

7 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

I am lead to believe the Bars and Catering would be run by the Council with part of the profits shared and the only cash streams available to the clubs would be from raffles,half time draws,Golden Goal and matchday sponsorship.

Who led you to believe this?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Ye, Artist impression looks great think it’s well overdue in the town too. Only concern is with the river on one side and the beck on the other does the reds and dog track suffer from flooding during the monsoon season I suppose all that will be taken into account though but but to look on the bright side if the worst happens we could maybe make some extra revenue by letting it out for aquatic events.     

5 minutes ago, Old standoff said:

Ye, Artist impression looks great think it’s well overdue in the town too. Only concern is with the river on one side and the beck on the other does the reds and dog track suffer from flooding during the monsoon season I suppose all that will be taken into account though but but to look on the bright side if the worst happens we could maybe make some extra revenue by letting it out for aquatic events.     

Borough Park never floods. the dog track does.

images from 2009

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=workington+floods&tbm=isch&chips=q:workington+floods,g_1:lonsdale+park&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjkh6bfx4XeAhWHAMAKHegzBNkQgIoDKAF6BAgJEAY&biw=360&bih=716#imgrc=1Ud60MW8SfUi3M

21 hours ago, rockerlad said:

Jeez, looks more suited to use by Labradors and Spaniels than Greyhounds nowadays, Think they could have found a better site for the much needed stadium low lying bit of ground prone to flooding river one side beck the other with our changing climate etc. I’m no expert but would think it going to take a lot of  planning groundwork flood defences drainage before any actual building work starts.

On 10/13/2018 at 10:57 AM, Mr Frisky said:

Bar takings for both clubs is a fraction of the cost to maintain a crumbling stadium it's a no brainer.

5 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

Bar takings for both clubs is a fraction of the cost to maintain a crumbling stadium it's a no brainer.

Yes, I recall a Town director telling me a few years back that the cost of maintaining DP just to meet minimum safety standards was in excess of £60k a year.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

5 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

funny you say that I've just been at BP getting a hoodie and one of the directors told me how much they spent on the place this summer. I was gobsmacked 

2 hours ago, Derwent said:

Yes, I recall a Town director telling me a few years back that the cost of maintaining DP just to meet minimum safety standards was in excess of £60k a year.

Thats a lot of beer sales.

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

Towards the stadium project or money for the club itself?

stadium project. the FA/football foundation will help with costs towards equipment at facilities.

I beleive up to £1.5m (match funded) can be obtained from the football stadia foundation. 

I see Mark Jenkinson is trying to s**t stir again saying that the Reds would be the poor relations after we are paid an astronomical figure for our long lease on DP. Also saying we were paid £800k plus for the training pitch, only about 700k out there Mark why are you resorting to lies in order to get people's backs up against the stadium ? I would have also thought that Town would give up their lease for next to nothing if it meant moving into a new stadium.

35 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

I see Mark Jenkinson is trying to s**t stir again saying that the Reds would be the poor relations after we are paid an astronomical figure for our long lease on DP. Also saying we were paid £800k plus for the training pitch, only about 700k out there Mark why are you resorting to lies in order to get people's backs up against the stadium ? I would have also thought that Town would give up their lease for next to nothing if it meant moving into a new stadium.

I have never said that anyone was paid £800k for the training pitch. I’m well aware of what was paid. If I had, I would have been £625k out.

Your apology is accepted.

Looking forward to seeing the plans next week,as for who is the poor relations ,reds will be getting most value with the amount of games they play,around 25 first team games plus reserves and ladies games,town will be lucky to get 15 games in including friendlies

Archived