Broncos v Salford- Fixture change SIX days notice

Feel for Skolars fans who are in this situation,doesn't seem right to me for you guys to be messed about with either. From what I have read it seems like a few Skolars fans cant make the game now as well as some Oldham fans who have had to drop out of the trip.

I hope that Oldham fans (and Skolars) who do not wish to watch a "double header" will not be charged £20, after all till this ridiculous move occurred tickets for the league 1 game were on sale for £12.50! People may say you can watch 2 games for £20, frankly I have little interest in the Broncos game (no disrespect to either club) 

It will be interesting to see how many of the Broncs/Salford game supporters will stay for the second game. Salford fans will be wanting to get away I should think after their game.

As for the crossover of fans I suspect it would probably not impact the crowd massively had the game remained at New River. It will most likely be a "manufactured" crowd figure for the league 1 game at Trailfinders because they will take the attendance from the previous game also as usual at double headers.

Leads me to think that there is another reason for this late change of our game both kick off time and venue other than the "fans" want to watch both games and Skolars were scared of a "huge" impact on their last home game.

Always enjoyed our trips to New River and it's a shame that we won't get there this year.

What's done is done, we can't change it. It doesn't make it right though.

The Skolars have always been very welcoming to our fans and it's such a shame that your last "home" game has been mucked about with. 

Wish Skolars all the best for the future, it's certainly not the fans fault all this rubbish.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless good safety reasons I just don't see why any game should be changed with a short notice period, unless compensation was on offer.  

Personally if it was me impacted I know what I would do. I would not purchase season ticket and tell the senior person at club why, not anymore sponsorship again telling club again.

The only way to change customer care approach is impacting pocket. Harsh but only power one has. Otherwise fans impact continues to be ignored.

On 9/17/2018 at 4:53 PM, Angelic Cynic said:

The RFL postponed,at very short notice,a League 1 fixture at Coventry Bears v West Wales Raiders,in order that Coventry Bears could host Pilkington Recs in a Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Game in March.

They have recently altered the days England v New Zealand at Liverpool.

Now this.

Joke sport.

Sorry but on that one Challenge cup games have always taken preference that was not a one off

P.S not saying you are wrong. I totally agree but wasn't that game on of the BBCs online games they showed? Shows even they have pull too should they so wish

I must credit the Salford fans for sympathising with the supporters of Toulouse who have had the date of the game in the north west of England changed at short notice for televising next Thursday.

I would think the French folk had booked ahead and paid their money by time the announcement was made.

Perhaps this is the reason why the Qualifies attract lower attendances and has allowed the money/power grab by the elite.

I thought it was Brian Barwick who had the television contacts. http://www.barwickmediasport.com/about-barwick-media-sport/

If the owners of the Elite League clubs can have Sky accept that the Qualifiers ain't worth the trouble,for next year, why are Sky changing the dates this year?

Pleased it don't bother me...

I'm alright,Jack.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

We're getting like football, when games are moved around at the whim of the TV companies. The fans really don't matter. I'm not going to keep ranting on about this but I am really disappointed by the move, the short notice and suggestion that it is somehow in response to requests by the fans.

2 hours ago, EssexRL said:

We're getting like football, when games are moved around at the whim of the TV companies. The fans really don't matter. I'm not going to keep ranting on about this but I am really disappointed by the move, the short notice and suggestion that it is somehow in response to requests by the fans.

But not at less than an week s notice! I support Fulham and some games have been moved because of Sky or BT  with three or four weeks notice and the fans were up in arms!! Why do RL clubs put up with it?  The money involved for RL is miniscule compared to the Premier League.

Yet another example of supporters out of pocket for the benefit of the broadcaster. Arrrgghhh!

It might be more palatable if, by now staying at home you, you were assured a high quality presentation of the game on TV (assuming you had sky) but, no, you get the Chuckle Brothers and Co comedy commentary.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:24 AM, EssexRL said:

On 9/19/2018 at 10:24 AM, EssexRL said:

I’m a Skolars fan not a Broncos one (although I wish them well). I live in east London not west. My family are Skolars season ticket holders. We can’t now watch the last game of the season. (Guessing Oldham fans will be even more unhappy and they bring a fair few down normally). This isn’t acceptable. A week or so ago the owner asked me to sponsor this game (I normally sponsor one a season) really glad I didn’t. 

There is some cross over in spectators between the clubs, but not many. 

This seems an appropriate end to a pretty dismal season for us.

That last sentence sums it up perfectly.

On 9/20/2018 at 6:13 PM, TBone said:

Yet another example of supporters out of pocket for the benefit of the broadcaster. Arrrgghhh!

It might be more palatable if, by now staying at home you, you were assured a high quality presentation of the game on TV (assuming you had sky) but, no, you get the Chuckle Brothers and Co comedy commentary.

Who pays the piper calls the tune.

Archived