NRL Grand Final 2018 - includes Live Match Thread

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb, big-occasion Rugby from the Roosters. What a performance.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Graham said:

Clive Churchill Medal Winner:

Luke Keary

Well deserved.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Roosters by far the better team and next to a Perfect half any team has played in a grand Final. They ran and tackled harder and seemed to be more up for the win that the Storm. The forwards did a great job and laid the platform for Cronk and Keary to control things. The defence was about as best you will ever see at times as Melbourne was pushed back. I wish Mitchell would stop trying to be the hard man and just stick to using his skills. He has an ego that for me sadly spoils his great work. After buying everybody they could, they have finally won both the Minor Premiership and Grand Final. I would give Cronk man of the match personally as he coached that side out their today and probably had the biggest influence on the game, even if physically he didnt do that much. Well done the Roosters and I think have a good chance of going back to back in 2019 as pretty much that squad will stay the same with the odd exception.

As for the Storm that was a very poor and in some cases pathetic performance. They lacked energy,enthusiasm and any real interest to win the game. In attack they offered little with nobody in the Spine doing anything really. Slater, Munster, Croft and Smith were not in the game at all. Vunivalu and Chambers again showing poor efforts and Performances as has been the case for much of the year for both. Forwards outside Big Nelson didnt really make much metres or trouble the Roosters. The ill discipline of Munster with 2 Sinbinnings not helping. A very unlike flat performance from Melbourne. Will be interesting who takes Slaters Spot at the back and how they change things for next year. I suspect Munster will stay at 6 and Jerome Hughes gets the Fullback spot.

22 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Roosters by far the better team and next to a Perfect half any team has played in a grand Final. They ran and tackled harder and seemed to be more up for the win that the Storm. The forwards did a great job and laid the platform for Cronk and Keary to control things. The defence was about as best you will ever see at times as Melbourne was pushed back. I wish Mitchell would stop trying to be the hard man and just stick to using his skills. He has an ego that for me sadly spoils his great work. After buying everybody they could, they have finally won both the Minor Premiership and Grand Final. I would give Cronk man of the match personally as he coached that side out their today and probably had the biggest influence on the game, even if physically he didnt do that much. Well done the Roosters and I think have a good chance of going back to back in 2019 as pretty much that squad will stay the same with the odd exception.

As for the Storm that was a very poor and in some cases pathetic performance. They lacked energy,enthusiasm and any real interest to win the game. In attack they offered little with nobody in the Spine doing anything really. Slater, Munster, Croft and Smith were not in the game at all. Vunivalu and Chambers again showing poor efforts and Performances as has been the case for much of the year for both. Forwards outside Big Nelson didnt really make much metres or trouble the Roosters. The ill discipline of Munster with 2 Sinbinnings not helping. A very unlike flat performance from Melbourne. Will be interesting who takes Slaters Spot at the back and how they change things for next year. I suspect Munster will stay at 6 and Jerome Hughes gets the Fullback spot.

Fair analysis LRL.

Such a disappointing Storm performance.

They were well wrapped up by the Roosters and had no idea how to break through.

The game decided by defensive errors by the purple daleks so unlike them unable to deal with high kicks I wonder if Bellamy hass finished  screaming at Munster. He may not be at Melbourne next season

Congratulations  to the Roosters. Cooper Cronk take a bow, amazing .

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Is it true that Cronk was obviously in discomfort with his shoulder and that the Storm never targeted him?

I honestly find it hard to believe.

Anyway, I guess pundits the likes of Andrew Johns didn't blow up this time like they did last year with NSW & Thurston at Origin 3.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

27 minutes ago, Vichyssoise said:

Is it true that Cronk was obviously in discomfort with his shoulder and that the Storm never targeted him?

I honestly find it hard to believe.

Anyway, I guess pundits the likes of Andrew Johns didn't blow up this time like they did last year with NSW & Thurston at Origin 3.

It was a surprise they didn’t throw a lot more his way tbh , whether it was inexperience in the Melbourne halves I don’t know  , but also guys like Aubusson protected him really well when the play came that way as cronk backed off 

Archived