Challenge cup and New 1895 cup

Batley Bob

54 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

With  4 extra league games , and extra cup , I’m wondering how all these games will fit into the season

It won't matter when you get knocked out early.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Batley Bob said:

With  4 extra league games , and extra cup , I’m wondering how all these games will fit into the season

2018 season: 23 (regular fixtures plus Blackpool) + 7 in the Super-eights giving 30 league games, if my maths is correct.

2019 season: 13x2 regular home & away fixtures giving 26 regular fixtures. Possible Blackpool? Giving 27 maximum "regular" fixtures. [Then the playoffs when the 'Dogs get into the top five.]

So there appears to be room to fit in an additional cup competition.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

10 minutes ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

2018 season: 23 (regular fixtures plus Blackpool) + 7 in the Super-eights giving 30 league games, if my maths is correct.

2019 season: 13x2 regular home & away fixtures giving 26 regular fixtures. Possible Blackpool? Giving 27 maximum "regular" fixtures. [Then the playoffs when the 'Dogs get into the top five.]

So there appears to be room to fit in an additional cup competition.

And what if we get to both Challenge cup and 1895 cup finals ?

IMG_0583.JPG

we'll just draft in players from Dewsbury . it'll give them a chance to play at Wembley....cos they won't get another........tin helmet on......incoming.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

How do we think the 1895 cup competition will be kept for - plenty of examples in the past of cup competitions for those of us in the lower divisions only lasting a season or two...………...by having this competition its a recognition by the RFL that the ever widening gulf between SL and non SL teams means that the Challenge Cup will only ever be won by an SL team or perhaps the best team in the Championship...…….sad day in my opinion.

Give it a go, and give us a chance, nobody thought we'd get to the NRC final nor the Championship final, never mind win one of 'em. One off knockouts, course we can!

I'll be glad to be wrong, but I can't see it, the way Sheffield are recruiting they will have more of a chance at winning something more than Batley.

Having said all that I shall be there again next season.

6 minutes ago, RogerT said:

I'll be glad to be wrong, but I can't see it, the way Sheffield are recruiting they will have more of a chance at winning something more than Batley.

we wont be far off for 2019 i reckon, we kept the spine a squad and the hard grafters, and the fellas thats come in will do a job so once we gell again we will deffo upset a few. its not always about a team a star player on big bucks as some teams found out, fax have showed how to do it with lesser names but giving some lads lots a games to show rather than draft in someone they thinks bigger cos he costs more, am hoping we get some a the games on telly again cos their will be some top rugby on show for 2019 thats a cert.plenty a teams have brought in quality and some are hanging on to grab a bargain or two or copper up maybe.. cant wait to be honest as these dark nights do my head in..:vampire:

53 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Roger, of the lot who left us for them, l reckon the only one we might miss is Davey. I would have said Walker also but with Jouffret l don't think that now. Sheffield do not scare me and we are going under the radar in most predictions which suits us. 

Have faith! 

4 hours ago, RogerT said:

C'mon lads stop living in LaLa land, sorry to say we will never win owt else.

Waste of time turning up then I hope kev is folding and shutting up 

I've seen Batley win promotion twice, the transpennine trophy,  a northern rail cup along with a grand final appearance which if dom had put his slippers on we'd of won plus i'v never seen us relegated in 15 years since the leagues changed yes we have been close but the players have saved us.  

Things have changed at the mount over the years, 2002 was the best season before the 2010 NRC cup win 

players have come and gone also come back times change 

Why do Sheffield have a better chance they've signed players over the hill walker struggled to get in last year when Louis turned up, Farrell struggled in the two years he was here, Davey will be a big loss, crookes may struggle with Sam wood & Galbraith in the centres

batley have the same chance as anybody  

This would be fantastic for the club as the first winners of the CC I think it only right we win this one firrst time too!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

All we can  hope in the playing front is that the new guys step up to the plate. Yes, Sheffield are splashing out, so too Swinton, Bulls will be big, Halifax, like us, always punch above, can we rely on our new guys to add punch to what we already have. IF we've got the right guys and show the form we finished this season on, all the above teams will HAVE to be magic to do us, even the Fevs and Widnes's will have look out. IF we haven't got the right guys, then we'll get to look stupid. I hope we've gone quality over Sheff and Swinton's quantity, and let's hope we can bring in a couple more quality players yet.

No where have I suggested that it's a waste of time turning up or that Kevin should fold the club, I'm too Long in the tooth for that.

I simply said that we won't win owt again, that's might opinion, it won't stop me buying a season ticket, going to the bar, buying Gwens raffle tickets occasionally going to the breakfast club doing the War Chest donating to BISSA through easyfunding or anything else that comes along. 

15 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

This would be fantastic for the club as the first winners of the CC I think it only right we win this one firrst time too!

And a first chance to visit Wembley - that would be nice, wouldn't it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

And a first chance to visit Wembley - that would be nice, wouldn't it?

All right, Smarty-pants. Just 'cos you were there in 1929...

I actually have seen a Batley team play at Wembley. Well, half a team, I suppose. A Batley/Dewsbury team played the U11 curtain-raiser in the early 1980s. The primary school attached to Batley Parish church had a photo of one of their pupils (big lad, prop) being tackled about a metre from the goal line.

Needless to say the Dewsbury/Batley lads lost 8-0. But as we both know, winning is only a bonus.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

42 minutes ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

All right, Smarty-pants. Just 'cos you were there in 1929...

I actually have seen a Batley team play at Wembley. Well, half a team, I suppose. A Batley/Dewsbury team played the U11 curtain-raise in the early 1980s. The primary school attached to Batley Parish church had a photo of one of their pupils (big lad, prop) being tackled about a metre from the goal line.

Needless to say the Dewsbury/Batley lads lost 8-0. But as we both know, winning is only a bonus.

is that the one against oldham schools which a certain Kevin Sinfield played in?

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Archived