Obituary Thread

57 minutes ago, Padge said:

Sad news indeed, always enjoy watching the hairy bikers and they have just been showing a programme around this patch.

R.I.P.

Always came across as a genuine and interesting bloke, different to so many TV chefs. RIP.

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 29/02/2024 at 11:42, gazza77 said:

Always came across as a genuine and interesting bloke, different to so many TV chefs. RIP.

Really likeable bloke, very sad to hear he'd passed away.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

Really likeable bloke, very sad to hear he'd passed away.

Any mention of the Hairy Bikers always reminds me of Stuart Maconie's anecdote. He interviewed the pair very early on, when their first TV series was about to be broadcast. They had an enjoyable chat but, when they left the radio studio, Maconie felt a little sorry for them because he was certain (in 2006) that TV food programmes were on the way out. :kolobok_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mark Bradstock who , despite having barely a handful of horses trained Coneygree to win the Gold Cup in 2015 , the first novice to win in 40 years 

On 01/03/2024 at 13:51, Futtocks said:

Any mention of the Hairy Bikers always reminds me of Stuart Maconie's anecdote. He interviewed the pair very early on, when their first TV series was about to be broadcast. They had an enjoyable chat but, when they left the radio studio, Maconie felt a little sorry for them because he was certain (in 2006) that TV food programmes were on the way out. :kolobok_biggrin:

Maconie is a Latics fan*, show's what he knows. 😄 

*So he claims.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Sad 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 hours ago, Futtocks said:

its crazy watching the old re runs of bullseye these days - looks so rushed to pack it all in to 25mins -the audience were 90% typical coach trips from the old folks sheltered housing and most likely all dead now- the contestants were 95% white as was the audience as well. and did anyone ever "settle in" "take their time" or listen to tony?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

its crazy watching the old re runs of bullseye these days - looks so rushed to pack it all in to 25mins -the audience were 90% typical coach trips from the old folks sheltered housing and most likely all dead now- the contestants were 95% white as was the audience as well. and did anyone ever "settle in" "take their time" or listen to tony?

They churn game show episodes out pretty fast these days too, but the production companies have got much slicker at disguising it.

Still, at least the audience are somewhere warm for a few hours without having to pay for it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Former Halifax RLFC left wing Keith Williams (heritage number 679). His long-standing club record eight tries in a game came in November 1957 against Dewsbury. That season, Williams ran in tries in 11 consecutive matches.

Fax tweet: Halifax Panthers are saddened to hear of the death of former player Keith Williams. He made 154 appearances between 1956-63, scoring 89 tries and 47 goals, including holding a club record for tries in a game with 8. Our sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends. RIP.

Edited by Hopping Mad

Karl Wallinger (World Party, The Waterboys), dead at 66. Horrible news.

https://www.stereogum.com/2255269/karl-wallinger-world-party-the-waterboys-dead-at-66/news/

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

Eric Carmen 74

Sad news, "Hungry Eyes" and "All By Myself" are two monster tunes that he wrote and performed.

RIP Eric.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Paul Alexander, the man in the iron lung.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68555051

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Marcello Gandini, designer of the sort of cars that ended up on Athena posters. Think of the Lamborghini Countach or Miura, the Alfa Romeo Carabo concept or the rally legend that was the Lancia Stratos.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Veteran Aussie Rugby League journalist Ian Heads, aged 81.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/mar/26/ian-heads-death-tribute-bio-nrl-illness-rugby-league-week

One of just two writers inducted to the Rugby League Hall of Fame, Heads helped shape the way Rugby League was viewed for nearly half of the code’s existence in this country. The wordsmith’s historical books gave weight to the game’s past and he was honoured with an Order of Australia Medal.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 18/03/2024 at 13:23, Irish Saint said:

I don't watch or listen to the news that much so this sad news has passed me by a bit.

"Make me smile (Come up and see me)" is one of the truly great seventies number one hits and instantly recognisable as soon as it starts. But, of course, there was so much more to the great man than just that one song.

RIP Steve Harley.

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)