Huddersfield Giants Sunday 3pm

WTRLFC WEBSITE

1 hour ago, Brookie said:

What's the frequency of Radio Cumbria? I get the other one here in Kendal, but can't get that channel

Try going through the BBC on the computer. If I can listen to the games here in Holland reaching Kendal should be a doddle. ?

7 minutes ago, bomberisgod said:

What a great young man Tyllar comes across as.He spoke really well and is obviously enjoying life at Workington.

Thought the same . Great kid and busting a gut for us and the fans see that and took to him right away . He’s really talented and only going to get better and hopefully via us he works his way back to the top level . He’s got the ability and attitude 

22 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Anyone know who we are likely to see play tomorrow out of the trialists? 

Not sure who exactly, but I suspect we'll see a bigger squad than last week. 

No word at all on this game from Huddersfields social media so taking that as a sign it will be an entire youth squad they send up

Game Day. ?

Today is a going to be an interesting game, plenty to take in, our hardworking trialists may make their semi-pro bow. 

Our coach will be able to view first hand any potential players who he may look to use over the course of season 2019 from our strong relationship with Huddersfield Giants and a sprinkling of first teamers as per the piece in Friday's Times & Star and rugby again graces the turf at Derwent Park. 

Plenty to look forward to.

Pre sale match ticket sales have gone well, the sponsors lounge is full and the rugby Community and beyond is welcome as always at Workington Town RLFC.

So see you there, and remember 

Spread the word and bring a friend. 

Up the Town

#ourtown

That game was a hard one to judge I think. With the best will in the world, it was men vs boys (literally). Huddersfield were keen enough. But the physical difference was such that I'm not sure town will have taken a great deal away from it? Certainly the intensity wasn't the same as last week? 

Although I should say I thought Caine Barnes and Tyler Mellor were both impressive today. And they are the one who are similar age to the opposition. Caine seems unstoppable from 10 yards out. Was hard to pick and real gems out the Huddersfield side that can really improve us? Certainly to the extend Dickinson dis last season.

Do we have another friendly lined up?

I thought their 34 looked handy and was a good kicker too. I thought a few of their lads showed why they are at the giants and when they fill out will be a handful. Their forwards all went pretty well. Hope their hooker is coming on loan as he has good hands and game awareness. 

Difficult to judge with all the subs but we were decent in patches, and have been clearly working some different moves. Penky is a different class though isn't he?  Great news about Fui as he is box office on reputation alone, I get the argument about what you get out of him in minutes vs cost. But he still causes havoc on the pitch and I'd much rather have him in a town shirt in the opposition 20 than not. UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Good run out for the lads today , Litherland was going well until he had to go off , Elliott holding his wrist when he went off , hope neither were injured , on this showing Banham should be signed up , looks and plays like Andrew Dawson , made good yards all afternoon .

Archived