Fri 1 Mar: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Wakefield Trinity KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/03/19 at 19:45

Well played wakey, absolutely bossed us.

Dont know where to start with us, Hurrells a liability, for every barnstorming run theres a load of basic,infuriateing mistakes. Watkins, he'l be havin nightmares about Tupou 

Worst pair of second rowers in the league, both been awful all season. Ferres...My god, words dont do justice to how bad he is.

Furners team selections, not impressed, been poor all season.  Cam Smith should be playing back row instead of one of the embarrassments i just mentioned, instead he gets his chance, played out of position and gets abused defensively.

Again, well done wakey, great performance, scoreline flatterd us.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

Leeds still not got much from the officials but regardless Shakey were playing a different game.

Well played Wakey, you made the Rhinos look very very ordinary.

The completion rate, as has been every game this year for Leeds, is very very poor. Defence was terrible.

Am I really going to say this...... Handley looking like he could be a winger.....

Completion rates always goin to be poor when hurrell drops it, knocks on or throws it to no one  50 % of the times he touches it.

Agree on handley, been pretty good over 4 games.

Don't think I've ever seen Watkins hav such a bad game, Tupu had him for breakfast, dinner and tea then came back for seconds. Remind me how much the Rhinos fans are paying to sit in their shiny new seats this season ?

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Wakefield and Salford don’t have a massive star roster so it’s pleasing to see two British coaches in Chester and Watson doing a good job.

Remind me why KR got rid of Chester?

What a load of rubbish. Johnstone, Hampshire, Topou, Lyne, Ashurst, Fifita, Arona, Kopszak, Miller, and the evergreen Brough just to name a few. How big a star roster do you chuffing need. 

Everyone of the Wakefield 17 with the possible exception of Hirst who still played well would get into most SL teams.

A few like Fifita, Johnstone and Tupou would get in any team - Wakefield have more depth than most SL team so give it a  rest, please.

3 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

What a load of rubbish. Johnstone, Hampshire, Topou, Lyne, Ashurst, Fifita, Arona, Kopszak, Miller, and the evergreen Brough just to name a few. How big a star roster do you chuffing need. 

Everyone of the Wakefield 17 with the possible exception of Hirst who still played well would get into most SL teams.

A few like Fifita, Johnstone and Tupou would get in any team - Wakefield have more depth than most SL team so give it a  rest, please.

None of the above would get in the saints team...

You do have a good team though and will go well this year 

11 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Errr.... well it was supposed to be a compliment to the talents of Chester.   I guess he must be ###### then ?

1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Errr.... well it was supposed to be a compliment to the talents of Chester.   I guess he must be ###### then ?

Err no it wasn’t, these are good players individually what Chester does is give them a system in which to play - they  are two separate issues.

42 minutes ago, absentee thoughtlord said:

Half of me expects Leeds to improve immeasurably between now and autumn. The other half wonders what kind of collapse would follow an injury to Konrad Hurrell.

I agree... I like Hurell at least he's putting 100% in and willing to try. He's proving hard to tackle and takes at least 3 men to stop him it'll be an even worse Leeds outfit without his presence.

5 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Err no it wasn’t, these are good players individually what Chester does is give them a system in which to play - they  are two separate issues.

Errr.. I can assure you it WAS supposed to be a compliment.   Why would I want to have some random dig at Wakefield?

Not everyone is your enemy, and I dont believe I am either!

Save the ‘offended victim’ stuff for Twitter! ??

18 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Correct...

Although can't see wakeys wingers replacing him

Also the competitions top point scorer can't even get into the saints team!

Except that with the clear field in front of him and 60 meters to run Johnstone would have scored... Makinson got caught?

52 minutes ago, Bamboo Kid said:

I agree... I like Hurell at least he's putting 100% in and willing to try. He's proving hard to tackle and takes at least 3 men to stop him it'll be an even worse Leeds outfit without his presence.

He is an invaluable asset right now; a glimmer of hope in a dark place for you Leeds fans.

Don't get me wrong, there are others worth their salary (Briscoe is a first rate workmanlike winger, and Oledzski a top forward in progress). And tonight aside, they can click and do damage. But... it just isn't going to be enough.

Archived