30-31 Mar: The Coral Challenge Cup 4th Round Match Thread

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Moscow01 said:

Thatto Heath giving North Wales Crusaders a bit of a lesson here. The home side look very comfortable and should be further ahead. 10-4 with a couple of minutes until half-time. 

Not convinced the second try was grounded. If NWC put their mind to it I can see them pinching it.

rldfsignature.jpg

4 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Not convinced the second try was grounded. If NWC put their mind to it I can see them pinching it.

It definitely was but the player made a right meal of it, he had five yards either side of the defender to run into and he decided to run straight at the player! 

You’d certainly expect North Wales to be better this half. 

Could Leeds Rhinos be playing at Thatto Heath in a few weeks? Imagine, former Australian international Trent Merrin and England world cup finalist Kallum Watkins could be playing at Crusader Park! (Although I accept that if that was the draw, it would probably be played at Langtree Park).

Great win for Thatto Heath, a historic moment for a great community club. A bad day for North Wales though. In 2010, they were in the Super League play offs, less than a decade later they're really struggling. Credit to the loyal North Wales fans who made the journey. That's loyalty!

Taxi for Murray, incomprehensible team selection, the loss against keighley was ultimately down to Roper jumping into the tackle, whether or not it actually was technically a high challenge or not it put the thought into the referees mind. NWC best player last week is played out of position, off the bench,for only half the game, and according to the Outleague commentators was instrumental in NWC's fightback. 

8 minutes ago, Moscow01 said:

Thatto win 16-14!

A hell of a performance from the home side, I hope they get a Super League team in the next round.

The less said about North Wales the better. 

I’m not convinced  NWC didn’t score a legit try with three mins on the tv clock either. Thatto certainly got the benefit of the doubt more often than not.

rldfsignature.jpg

2 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I’m not convinced  NWC didn’t score a legit try with three mins on the tv clock either. Thatto certainly got the benefit of the doubt more often than not.

Me neither.  The ref was in no position to judge and the touchie's position wasn't much better.  The reaction of the fans from just over the dead ball line certainly suggested the ball was grounded.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

16 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

Taxi for Murray, incomprehensible team selection, the loss against keighley was ultimately down to Roper jumping into the tackle, whether or not it actually was technically a high challenge or not it put the thought into the referees mind. NWC best player last week is played out of position, off the bench,for only half the game, and according to the Outleague commentators was instrumental in NWC's fightback. 

Didn’t you come back from getting beat 24-6 against Keighley in last years challenge cup and win the game? Played some good attacking rugby in 2017 and got to league one cup final of my memory serves me right. 

7 minutes ago, RLNew said:

Didn’t you come back from getting beat 24-6 against Keighley in last years challenge cup and win the game? Played some good attacking rugby in 2017 and got to league one cup final of my memory serves me right. 

Who was coach in 2017?

Archived