Challenge cup round 5

Maureen T-k

How does the rule stand with the 1885 cup IE loans and DR is it the same as the challange cup or are they ok to play for us if we get knocked out of the challange cup and there own clubs still in it 

10 minutes ago, plug said:

How does the rule stand with the 1885 cup IE loans and DR is it the same as the challange cup or are they ok to play for us if we get knocked out of the challange cup and there own clubs still in it

I can't see them being cup tied as they are two different competitions. The only thing that could go against us is if Leeds and ourselves are at Wembley on the same day then obviously they will have first pick of the players. Don't know the rules but this is how I would see it

7 minutes ago, plug said:

dr and loan players aren't allowed to play in challenge cup because their parent club don't want them to be cup tied  ? even though the majority won't ever get any game time with them 

because super greed  are not involved in the 1895 cup this bizarre notion won't apply so would think they would be happy for their players to get some game time

3 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

We’ve drawn Bradford away 

Watched them against Keighley. Considering they say they are full time l thought they were very lucky and Keighley were great value for money.  A Great game only spoilt by the commentators . I thought l was listening to Bulls TV. The only downside playing them at Bradford that  I see is their rip off ticketing prices

14 hours ago, POR said:

dr and loan players aren't allowed to play in challenge cup because their parent club don't want them to be cup tied  ? even though the majority won't ever get any game time with them 

because super greed  are not involved in the 1895 cup this bizarre notion won't apply so would think they would be happy for their players to get some game time

Not strictly true. The rules do allow players on loan to play. It is up to the parent club as to whether loanees, D/R can play in cup ties.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:34 PM, flyfisherman said:

Watched them against Keighley. Considering they say they are full time l thought they were very lucky and Keighley were great value for money.  A Great game only spoilt by the commentators . I thought l was listening to Bulls TV. The only downside playing them at Bradford that  I see is their rip off ticketing prices

Everybody else says where full time but ourselves who know we aren't.

we played at least 6 under 19s Sunday. With 6 first teamers and the rest was reserves. 

Theres only fev ripping there own fans off at 18 quid it's 15 for bulls fans and you can pay in on the day at 17 so no idea why fev charging 18.

9 hours ago, Bullmania said:

Everybody else says where full time but ourselves who know we aren't.

Presumably "everybody else" read it on your own website from your own chairman:
http://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/52120/andrew-chalmers-season-ticket-day-has-arrived-whos-got-what-squad-numbers

"The excitement also resonates from the fact that we have a squad of 22 full-time, 14 part-time, and a further 27 academy players"

And here's a story about one of your players signing a full-time contract
http://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/51926/minchella-signs-full-time-contract-until-end-of-
“I’m really looking forward to knuckling down into full-time training..."

What has changed?

9 hours ago, Bullmania said:

Theres only fev ripping there own fans off at 18 quid it's 15 for bulls fans and you can pay in on the day at 17 so no idea why fev charging 18.

They have just put the wrong link on the story. The £18 tickets are for the home game v Bradford in May. Here's the correct link
https://rovers.mysportstickets.co.uk/events/away/Bradford_Bulls_397

And the £15 entry is only for Bulls season ticket holders, otherwise it's £17, which is what Fev are charging.

40 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

http://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/52120/andrew-chalmers-season-ticket-day-has-arrived-whos-got-what-squad-numbers

"The excitement also resonates from the fact that we have a squad of 22 full-time, 14 part-time, and a further 27 academy players"

http://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/51926/minchella-signs-full-time-contract-until-end-of-

What has changed?

? excellent .

8 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

What has changed?

Full time team to me is everybody not half full half part time most season been more part time players playing than full time. 

So with it been a shared gate why ain't fev allowed to sell for 15 quid to there season ticket holders and 17 on the day? All seems odd to me should been on price all round and no increase.

4 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Full time team to me is everybody not half full half part time most season been more part time players playing than full time. 

You've got a core of 22 players - basically, your first-team squad - who are full time. Nobody would expect your reserve squad (the other 14, plus academy players, presumably) to be full time.

If you have been playing a few of your reserve players due to injury/loss of form, that doesn't make you a part-time team.

11 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

So with it been a shared gate why ain't fev allowed to sell for 15 quid to there season ticket holders and 17 on the day? All seems odd to me should been on price all round and no increase.

Presumably it depends on what Bradford charge Fev for the tickets in the 1st place - for Fev's home tie against Swinton members were able to buy tickets in advance for £10, and that includes seating anywhere in the ground.

16 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

You've got a core of 22 players - basically, your first-team squad - who are full time. Nobody would expect your reserve squad (the other 14, plus academy players, presumably) to be full time.

If you have been playing a few of your reserve players due to injury/loss of form, that doesn't make you a part-time team.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying where a part team just that we ain't a full full time team. 

For example George and crossley are first team players George drives the gritter wagons and crossley is a school teacher.

tbf the club never showed or told anyone who is full time and who isn't I don't believe 22 is even correct.

mcnally full time left

lilley full time on loan

from the 31 squad the bulls have up on there site can only count a further 12 too that likely full time so no idea.

Has for tickets keighley charged us 15 quid last round and I thought that was the standard price across the board I know it's a shared gate so no idea why it's not the same.

Archived