12 May: CC6: Huddersfield Giants v St Helens KO 6.05pm (SKY)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more
    • Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points
    • Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/19 at 17:05

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I know I am.   I’m not the ref, but the ball went forward from a stopped player as proven by the replay and I therefore concluded that it was a forward pass.   How do we conclude that it wasn’t forward if it ended up further forward after a stationary player passed it?! ? maybe the stripes are diagonals but they don’t look it! 

A rising ball going backwards, if you use the lines on the pitch, from a high camera angle can look forward and vice versa. It is a game played in 3 dimensions not 2.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Saints are very close to their late 90s / early 2000s peak. Very few rules apply to them.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 minutes ago, Padge said:

A rising ball going backwards, if you use the lines on the pitch, from a high camera angle can look forward and vice versa. It is a game played in 3 dimensions not 2.

Okay, the ball was a simple level pass appearing to drift slightly forward based on staying close to the stripes and using them for perspective - the ref saw it that way too.   So in all probability it WAS forward, and that must be the way that most referees make judgements as they don’t have the ability to view 3 dimensions from different angles either.

On what basis does it appear not to drift forward and using what perspective?   Because the ref has to use something relative to the ball?

Just now, Roy Haggerty said:

You mean, no evidence except for the pictures which clearly showed Lees running after the ball, playing everyone else onside?

It does not show Lees ever being in front.  The only time they are in the same shot is when he is scoring.

It shouldn't even need a VR - the ref and TJ should see that all day long.

2 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Okay, the ball was a simple level pass appearing to drift slightly forward based on staying close to the stripes and using them for perspective - the ref saw it that way too.   So in all probability it WAS forward, and that must be the way that most referees make judgements as they don’t have the ability to view 3 dimensions from different angels either.

On what basis does it appear not to drift forward and using what perspective?   Because the ref has to use something relative to the ball.

Don't us the lines for perspective, they are irrelevant. Simples.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, gavin7094 said:

You don't play people onside in rugby league.  If you're in front of the kicker, then you must stay 10 yards away. 

That must have changed lately then as it used to be a rule. 

The choke was there for all to see. Saints were so nervous that they lost the ability to think straight. 

If that had been against any team but Huddersfield, who struggled to make any ground, we’d have lost for certain. Wakefield must fancy their chances in the quarters. 

1 minute ago, dboy said:

It does not show Lees ever being in front.  The only time they are in the same shot is when he is scoring.

It shouldn't even need a VR - the ref and TJ should see that all day long.

They did see it. They saw what happened. Which is what I saw happening. It was really clear unless you were just desperate not to see it. 

2 minutes ago, Roy Haggerty said:

They did see it. They saw what happened. Which is what I saw happening. It was really clear unless you were just desperate not to see it. 

Lol, you are hopelessly one-eyed.

I can't stand Hudds and wanted a Saints win.

I still want to see the game called correctly though.

Archived