15 Jun: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Warrington Wolves KO 3pm

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/06/19 at 14:00

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Smith will have them fired up for this one.

Mamo back for Wire, but HKR will have the cup loss as motivation and also the desperation after London and Leeds both winning last week.

Close but a win by one score for HKR.

2 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I'm sure Smith will have them fired up for this one.

Mamo back for Wire, but HKR will have the cup loss as motivation and also the desperation after London and Leeds both winning last week.

Close but a win by one score for HKR.

The ground will be heavy after a week of rain over here, so I expect an error fest from both sides.  Especially affecting kicking given that Clawson still toe kicks conversion attempts.

Seems Will Dagger is living up to his name.  Criticising Sheens heavily in the press, because he didn’t give him enough game time and wasn’t strict enough.  

Amazing criticism of a man of integrity.  Maybe Dagger would have done better with Tony Fisher as coach and his big stick.

I don’t know much about Dagger but I think if he’d been patient enough at Wire he might have been Ratchford’s understudy and got four months worth of full back experience to prove his worth.   As it stands Thewlis will be the new fullback poster boy (if we ease him in slowly).

Tony Smith has worked with Dagger at Warrington though, and he seems to be able to get the most out of certain problem children (eg Briers) and ship out those who can’t fall into line (eg Gleeson).

21 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I don’t know much about Dagger but I think if he’d been patient enough at Wire he might have been Ratchford’s understudy and got four months worth of full back experience to prove his worth.   As it stands Thewlis will be the new fullback poster boy (if we ease him in slowly).

Tony Smith has worked with Dagger at Warrington though, and he seems to be able to get the most out of certain problem children (eg Briers) and ship out those who can’t fall into line (eg Gleeson).

Thewlis will only play the odd game in the next 18 months,  plenty of players have been let go and done alright ,dagger and shaw were both juniors. Smith didnt think they would make the next level. Its always a  judgement call.

10 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Smith didnt think they would make the next level. Its always a  judgement call.

It’ll be interesting to see how he goes if Smith is prepared to give him a chance at HKR.   Quinlan you would think would be first choice.

Rovers have 3 returning (Quinlan, Garbutt & Lee) and 4 from last week unavailable (Linnett, Lannon, Addy & Maria).

Antoni Maria has exceeded expectations for us he has been very good but now recalled by Catalans at least he will boost their depleted line up against London.

Tony Smith has had a week in charge now and I think we are going to see a really fired up Rovers. Whether that will be enough to topple a superior Warrington team time will tell.

First blood to Rervers, Shaw pen.

2-0 and Wire kick out on the full.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Goodwin gets the game's first try.

Rervers 2 Wire 6.

Patten pen.

Rervers 2 Wire 8.

Rervers reduce the deficit through a Shaw penalty.

Rervers 4 Wire 8.

Arf tarm.

Sounds a horror of a game, not a brain among them.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Conditions have suddenly become somewhat inclement at the start of the 2nd arf.

Murdoch Masila has just sidestepped Craig Hall.

Worth the admission on its own I'd have thought.

Both sides have plenty of errors in them at the moment.

Daryl Clarke off with head assessment.

Nick Pinkney suggesting he's faking it.

Rervers score their first try through Mose Masoe.

Biff behind the posts.

Rervers 10 Wire 8.

Archived