Jump to content
Wakefield Ram

Toronto (A)

Recommended Posts

Not expecting a win but a good performance will build on the couple of wins and get us ready for Barrow. Expect Sykes will be resting his leg this week. Hope the boys enjoy the trip and put in a good performance. I'll be watching on Sky, hope the fans that do go have a good time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe that Sykes will be travelling - just like last year.

I hope that those players who are able to jump through the hoops enjoy the experience and do the club proud. Equally I trust that the small but dedicated group of fans have a great time.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard that Finn,Walshaw,Heckford,Igbinedion,Knowles,Day,Ward won’t be travelling for various reasons. They set off today arriving back sometime Sunday very hard on part time players. Good luck to the players that are going I’m sure you’ll give it all you’ve got. Btw heard Sykes is going as we’ve no choice,don’t think Garratt and Annakin would have looked right in the halfbacks for some reason ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll cheer on whoever puts the shirt on

Don't wanna hear any negativity on here after the game however many we get beaten by.

The game is a fixture we just need to get thru,target the games we can win and save our efforts for them.

Good luck the boys ?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a farce. The score last year 64-12.

The club gets paid to go and be canon fodder so that's ok isn't it bsj?

Next year Ottawa as well, i'm sure the crowds will  flock in  like this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, silcoates said:

What a farce. The score last year 64-12.

The club gets paid to go and be canon fodder so that's ok isn't it bsj?

Next year Ottawa as well, i'm sure the crowds will  flock in  like this year.

So you support putting Toronto and Ottawa directly into SL then?

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I don't believe that Sykes will be travelling - just like last year.

I hope that those players who are able to jump through the hoops enjoy the experience and do the club proud. Equally I trust that the small but dedicated group of fans have a great time.

Spoke to Sykes after the Rochdale game. His knee was a bit sore but not an issue and he was hoping to play on Saturday.

Good luck to the lads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

So you support putting Toronto and Ottawa directly into SL then?

Definitely ,all i want is a level playing field. If clubs like Dewsbury were full time it would be great to play Toronto and Ottawa.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, silcoates said:

What a farce. The score last year 64-12.

The club gets paid to go and be canon fodder so that's ok isn't it bsj?

Next year Ottawa as well, i'm sure the crowds will  flock in  like this year.

Why are you asking me? I don't make the rules.

If clubs were dependent upon income from gate money alone then there wouldn't be much RL being played in this country though, would there?

  • Like 3

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Why are you asking me? I don't make the rules.

If clubs were dependent upon income from gate money alone then there wouldn't be much RL being played in this country though, would there?

Of course that's true and obvious. The point i'm trying to make and hope i'm very wrong,is there will not be clubs like Dewsbury in a few years time, because of the state of RL and decisions they are making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, silcoates said:

Of course that's true and obvious. The point i'm trying to make and hope i'm very wrong,is there will not be clubs like Dewsbury in a few years time, because of the state of RL and decisions they are making.

They certainly don’t care about the likes of Dewsbury, batley etc and haven’t done so for a long time.  That said the Toronto decision has given us much needed exposure and overall I’m in favour.  You’re  overall point is well made however.  

At least we had the amusement of London winning last year.  That must have grated at the rfl.  Imagine if it had been one of the old school like fax??

Never mind it’s all change with one up one down now and surprise surprise that seems to suiting Toronto ?

Edited by NickD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NickD said:

They certainly don’t care about the likes of Dewsbury, batley etc and haven’t done so for a long time.  That said the Toronto decision has given us much needed exposure and overall I’m in favour.  You’re  overall point is well made however.  

At least we had the amusement of London winning last year.  That must have grated at the rfl.  Imagine if it had been one of the old school like fax??

Never mind it’s all change with one up one down now and surprise surprise that seems to suiting Toronto ?

Cynicism to the fore again Nick?

I trust that you are aware that some SL club chairmen have questioned whether Toronto would actually be allowed into SL if the win promotion? This is completely out of the hands of the RFL as you will know and getting rid of the 8's was brought about by the SL clubs, so that conspiracy falls at the first fence.

Suggestions of incompetence I can accept but suggestions of complex cunning plans - really?


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, silcoates said:

Of course that's true and obvious. The point i'm trying to make and hope i'm very wrong,is there will not be clubs like Dewsbury in a few years time, because of the state of RL and decisions they are making.

You may be right. I just don't understand why your initial barb was aimed at me unless you believe that I am a board member. For clarification I am just a long-standing (suffering) supporter like the majority on here.

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Cynicism to the fore again Nick?

I trust that you are aware that some SL club chairmen have questioned whether Toronto would actually be allowed into SL if the win promotion? This is completely out of the hands of the RFL as you will know and getting rid of the 8's was brought about by the SL clubs, so that conspiracy falls at the first fence.

Suggestions of incompetence I can accept but suggestions of complex cunning plans - really?

As the SL clubs will have to fund their own travel costs, it will be interesting to see what happens. I think that TWP don't get central funding so if the SL clubs get to share the funding of the relegated club it might be okay. If not TWP will need to offer some financial benefit to SL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any way, I predict that we will put up a brave fight for 50 minutes before the combination of travelling, time change, FT vs PT etc catches up with us.

Toronto 46 - 14 Rams

Att: 100 according to anti-expansionists, 6300 according to Toronto.

  • Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/06/2019 at 13:39, Kayakman said:

So you support putting Toronto and Ottawa directly into SL then?

no....cant you and Ottawa have your own Canadian league and play each other 22 times...

  • Haha 2

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of us staying this side of the Atlantic tomorrow and not having the luxury of Sky Sports, a recording of the match can be seen by one and all at 10 pm on Sky Sports Mix. 

Will we want to though?


Legs, Dews, Legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

I just hope we give s good account of ourselves and manage a score. 

Toronto 56-6 Dewsbury 

Try: Brown

MoM: Knowles

Att: 7147

The crowd size will be interesting...this is really the first inclement weather we have encountered since the very first game, plus the controversy surrounding 'The Comment' will certainly be a factor.  This game, and the size of the crowd are actually really inportant and will give all rugby league fans a true snapshot of the Toronto franchise and where they are right now....it is a true test of the entire concept.

I believe this is one of the biggest games in the history of the franchise for the above reasons.This is a big game for the franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I just hope we give s good account of ourselves and manage a score. 

Toronto 56-6 Dewsbury 

Try: Brown

MoM: Knowles

Att: 7147

Knowles asn’t travelled over.

 

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

For those of us staying this side of the Atlantic tomorrow and not having the luxury of Sky Sports, a recording of the match can be seen by one and all at 10 pm on Sky Sports Mix. 

Will we want to though?

It’s on sky but the red button which I can’t get for some reason ☹️What number channel is sky sports mix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...