Vikings v Bulldogs

Batley Bob

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Tony Martin is going for world record of professional sport referee/ official. He still does regular super league touch line appointments so fit but definitely approaching 70!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

10 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

I think Tony Martin is going for world record of professional sport referee/ official. He still does regular super league touch line appointments so fit but definitely approaching 70!

I think Widnes could get near 70 .

27 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

hopefully the team has had the kick up the backside this week in training 

I suspect they get this too often, they get it in public on Radio leeds most Sundays. I would hope they get something a little more constructive and effective than a bollocking!

Recently disclosed chemics will drop to part time next season. Sensible widnes players will bend their back and play out of their skins to arise interest. Some will grow disillusioned in their shirt. All this aside Friday travel no thanks but will follow online

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

On 18/06/2019 at 16:49, Keep The Faith said:

A massive game we need to win! If not we will be dragged into the relegation battle, a win will put 6 points in front of Widnes and 7 in front of Barrow hopefully the team has had the kick up the backside this week in training 

You aren't and won't be in the relegation battle, just mid-table ennui.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

If we win at Widnes it will be a bonus, Widnes are a strong team and will be a hard team to beat on there own ground (even though lesser teams have done so ?). Will depend on how the changes work out after last week's lack of performance, perhaps a few regulars will not be making the journey of will be at best Sat in the stand.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

True dicko, yates, Galbarth, broadbent, taira and cropper to feature.....

Glad Dickinson is back 

Matt Diskin has made four changes to his side, as Tyler Dickinson, Alex Bretherton, Niall Walker and Jack Broadbent come in for Toby Everett, Adam Gledhill, Keenen Tomlinson and Joe Taira.

Batley Bulldogs 19-man squad: David Scott, Sam Smeaton, Jonny Campbell, Louis Jouffret, Dominic Brambani, Alistair Leak, Tom Lillycrop, Dane Manning, Jack Downs, James Brown, Michael Ward, Tyler Dickinson, Alex Bretherton, Niall Walker, Sam Wood, Paul Brearley, Lewis Bienek, Reiss Butterworth, Jack Broadbent.

23 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Glad Dickinson is back 

Matt Diskin has made four changes to his side, as Tyler Dickinson, Alex Bretherton, Niall Walker and Jack Broadbent come in for Toby Everett, Adam Gledhill, Keenen Tomlinson and 

Keenen Tomlinson is in squad??? No James Brown.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

b think they're  there for the taking on sunday craven was their go to man everything went through him did all their plays and all their kicking when he went off owens took over that responsibilty both missing and cahill was their  best forward who did the full 80 he will be a big miss just got to get stuck in to gellling they like to give him plenty of the ball youmg sutcliffe had him in his back pocket so he started to come down the midldle to try to influence game  did nothing apart from gifting FEV a try after the hooter good lucjk it's always nice to beat those from over the dark side

1 hour ago, colinb said:

Keenen Tomlinson is in squad??? No James Brown.

Yes very different from what had been posted on the Widnes Vikings website:- https://www.widnesvikings.co.uk/news/article/56158/batley-bulldogs-match-preview - Where I cut and pasted it from.

Great to see Lillicrop back.

I'm really shocked at Brown's omission, I thought he was the best player we had on Sunday.

Is there any radio commentary for those of us in the middle of the North Sea?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

When the coach said basically the youngsters were going to get their head and enjoy it, who did he mean? Has Brev suddenly lost 10 years!! Young as is in Butterworth and Broadbent maybe, other 'youngsters' as in Downs and Bienek for example have often gone missing and I don't think we've got any more youngsters seeing as we clearly got short shrift from ringing Giants on Monday. The only forwards who worked v Eagles were Leaky, Ward and Brown, he could have picked on anybody to drop but not the only forward ball handler. Don't see what point he's trying to make by dropping Brown. If we get within 25 it's a result.

53 minutes ago, phildog said:

When the coach said basically the youngsters were going to get their head and enjoy it, who did he mean? Has Brev suddenly lost 10 years!! Young as is in Butterworth and Broadbent maybe, other 'youngsters' as in Downs and Bienek for example have often gone missing and I don't think we've got any more youngsters seeing as we clearly got short shrift from ringing Giants on Monday. The only forwards who worked v Eagles were Leaky, Ward and Brown, he could have picked on anybody to drop but not the only forward ball handler. Don't see what point he's trying to make by dropping Brown. If we get within 25 it's a result.

Has he been dropped?

Archived