Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
townie88

Newcastle away

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Chrome Dome said:

Location: Workington.........Havenfan?........tut, tut, shame on you.

I live in Workington and support haven yea can I not make a comment it's a forum pal is it not? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Havenfan13 said:

I live in Workington and support haven yea can I not make a comment it's a forum pal is it not? 

Yep it is...you can.......and like you said, sort of, Newcastle are going to hard to beat for the remainder of this season.

By the way..........I live in White heaven marra, ha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I'd like to see as many local lads as possible. A complete local side may be able to compete at the top end of this division. However, if it gained promotion, they wouldn't be good enough to stay there without imports from away or abroad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chrome Dome said:

Yep it is...you can.......and like you said, sort of, Newcastle are going to hard to beat for the remainder of this season.

By the way..........I live in White heaven marra, ha.

If Newcastle had the squad they have now that both town and haven have faced in recent weeks they would be clear top very very hard to beat now just their pace through the team is frightening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

I suppose the predicted arrival of a respected local coach might improve the chances of recruitment but for this season forget it.  

You mean the one stood watching Towns two matches at Borough Park...? Guess he might think twice now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

If Newcastle had the squad they have now that both town and haven have faced in recent weeks they would be clear top very very hard to beat now just their pace through the team is frightening 

But will they survive in a higher Div. with the poor crowds they get?  BTW what was today's ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chrome Dome said:

But will they survive in a higher Div. with the poor crowds they get?  BTW what was today's ?

1077 not too bad but considering the size of the city and area suppose yea it's quite poor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chrome Dome said:

But will they survive in a higher Div. with the poor crowds they get?  BTW what was today's ?

They will strengthen the team with Kurdi's continued backing if they get promoted and they seem to be getting their academy up to speed,haven't they been slowly building their support ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

1077 not too bad but considering the size of the city and area suppose yea it's quite poor 

1077!!! Was there? To be honest. It looked no more than 6 ot 700. There seemed to be more town fans the Newcastle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Havenfan13 said:

1077 not too bad but considering the size of the city and area suppose yea it's quite poor 

Pretty healthy judged by attendances elsewhere in this league ,including the "heartlands." Also a football obsessed City where ,in their previous guise, admittedly on the other side of the river, they struggled to top 150 speccies.  They also play in a quality stadium underpinned by the Falcons and I believe promotion would attract more converts from the punt and grunt support.  

     To be honest I'm envious!

l

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, townie88 said:

1077!!! Was there? To be honest. It looked no more than 6 ot 700. There seemed to be more town fans the Newcastle 

Yea I thought the same when we went the other week mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very handy side whenever we’ve seen them . Struggle getting over them here . One thing they have is pace in key areas ... halves , fullback and threat out wide . No substitute for pace in a side .

oh and Matthew Wright should be too good for this league coming from cronulla and the cowboys 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’re a club going places they’ve the complete player pathway a rich backer and the stadium and facilities 

Unfortunately as a team we’ve gone back wards this season and it’s hard to see how we can claw it back but hey we’re Town fans this is nothing new and still we will back the team until better times return 

  • Like 2

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good team Newcastle, they be team I would put my money on to win league,halfbacks too quick and that new lad awesome .and missing was  speedster Lewis young . Back to town team. We not a bad team overnight. We have lacked pace in backs all season, as seen today.in half backs fober n Doran have  an understanding working together(like all last year).my opinion had different combinations last couple of games(forced due to injury etc) not been working to good, but defence not been good either.Be hard game next week at north wales they seemed to have turned a corner, still think we make playoffs at expense of London? Couple injuries today hope Calvin n Ryan who was helped off field ok. Utt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

They’re a club going places they’ve the complete player pathway a rich backer and the stadium and facilities 

Unfortunately as a team we’ve gone back wards this season and it’s hard to see how we can claw it back but hey we’re Town fans this is nothing new and still we will back the team until better times return 

Workington false dawns it's in our DNA sadly 😭

  • Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, David69 said:

Very good team Newcastle, they be team I would put my money on to win league,halfbacks too quick and that new lad awesome .and missing was  speedster Lewis young . Back to town team. We not a bad team overnight. We have lacked pace in backs all season, as seen today.in half backs fober n Doran have  an understanding working together(like all last year).my opinion had different combinations last couple of games(forced due to injury etc) not been working to good, but defence not been good either.Be hard game next week at north wales they seemed to have turned a corner, still think we make playoffs at expense of London? Couple injuries today hope Calvin n Ryan who was helped off field ok. Utt

Yeh their team is really strong with the recruits they’ve got . Gill from Cas in loan who was great when they were here with Wright in the centre , talaupapa of course who’s rock solid , and a half from hull kr , and Lewis young not playing who’s lethal nor marginet 

Edited by DavidM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That wound up about the performance I forgot about Fieldhouse. Hope hes ok. Poor lad needs a break (no pun intended). Massivly miss olstrum and barnes. 

Missing olstrum, barnes and Miller massively. Coincidentally, probably the 3 fittest lads at the club!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, townie88 said:

1077!!! Was there? To be honest. It looked no more than 6 ot 700. There seemed to be more town fans the Newcastle 

I agree, their never looked over a thousand today and we took a few through 3 buses and people in cars as well, got to say how good the ground is, suppose we can look forward to 3 bus shelters and name it the Jenkinson stadium now that clown has got his way. Just a thought why don't they organise a heavy weight fight night on the Reds ground between Jenkinson and Fryer, now that would pack them in!! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious looking in from the Netherlands week in week out this just gets more and more depressing 😞 Are we that bad ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I agree, their never looked over a thousand today and we took a few through 3 buses and people in cars as well, got to say how good the ground is, suppose we can look forward to 3 bus shelters and name it the Jenkinson stadium now that clown has got his way. Just a thought why don't they organise a heavy weight fight night on the Reds ground between Jenkinson and Fryer, now that would pack them in!! 

Brilliant idea based on it's a knockout rules where they are both perched on a log, knocking seven bells out of each other with sacks full of xxxxxx (leave to your imagination).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Isn't there a predominantly local based team sitting on top of the table ?

And more than  half that team are x town players!  On a lot less money than some of our travellers. In respect of than our season is becoming  a disaster 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Isn't there a predominantly local based team sitting on top of the table ?

Yes but they wouldn't cope in the championship. They would have to bring in about 6 travellers who wont train all week and still get picked over locals who then get hacked off and walk. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, yanto said:

Serious looking in from the Netherlands week in week out this just gets more and more depressing 😞 Are we that bad ??

You're lucky to be in the Netherlands mate. Pretty flat over there --- it's all uphill over here!  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, yanto said:

Serious looking in from the Netherlands week in week out this just gets more and more depressing 😞 Are we that bad ??

Yep we are at the moment  Ian............need a centre with lots of pace...you available ?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...