WHATS GOING ON AT ODSAL

6 hours ago, RugbyLeagueMan said:

If I were Chalmers, I'd be lobbying other Championship clubs to break away and form their own comp and TV deal that the RFL seem to be failing to do with the latter. 'Talk' of a deal with Channel 4 is merely 'talk'. Rimmer needs to prove he is worth the huge salary...

Havent we seen that before?

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, RugbyLeagueMan said:

If I were Chalmers, I'd be lobbying other Championship clubs to break away and form their own comp and TV deal that the RFL seem to be failing to do with the latter. 'Talk' of a deal with Channel 4 is merely 'talk'. Rimmer needs to prove he is worth the huge salary...

If I were the chairman of any other championship club I would have nothing to do with that mouthy muppet. 

16 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Has he mentioned where the moneys coming from?

Not in his press statement, which is all that I have to go on. Do you know something more?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

They may save money, but they will also lose income imho.

Spot on Dave and, in my non-paranoid opinion, is the basis for the RFL decision. Bradford will be making projections based upon as yet untested assumptions. They can readily state their spending intentions, as this is under their control, but the income projections are another thing altogether. I feel that the RFL are saying "Let's see how many rumble up to Dewsbury to watch you in the first year the we can make a more accurate judgement on approving this for the future".

That seems reasonable to me.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Not in his press statement, which is all that I have to go on. Do you know something more?

I wish i did, but as already been mentioned, the Bulls, the RFL and Bradford council are penniless in real terms.

In the unlikely event of the council giving them some land on a long term lease i still can't see where the money will come from build a new stadium, and they couldn't even pay the lease on odsal.

Another rumour doing the rounds yesterday and today  is that the RFL paid the Bulls players wages for last month.

39 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Spot on Dave and, in my non-paranoid opinion, is the basis for the RFL decision. Bradford will be making projections based upon as yet untested assumptions. They can readily state their spending intentions, as this is under their control, but the income projections are another thing altogether. I feel that the RFL are saying "Let's see how many rumble up to Dewsbury to watch you in the forst year the we can make a more accurate judgement on approving this for the future".

That seems reasonable to me.

It kinda is reasonable BSJ, until you start to think about what would be the alternative for beyond 2020

Back to Odsal - surely out of the question on cost / H&S grounds

Valley Parade - cost prohibitive as we already know

New Stadium - zero chance of that by 2021 (if ever)

Horsfall - apparently doesn't meet RFL requirements 

So we are being asked to buy Season Tickets for a club that cannot sign players and most likely has no future after next season. I'm sure you can see why this doesn't exactly sound very appealing?

Well there it is then, according to DKW a breach of regulations, from The Future is League, a rumour that the R.F.L. paid the players wages, waiting for Paul Hicks, take on the case, then we will all know the true reason the Bulls are moving. If these three post it then it must be true.Clueless bother causers the three of them.

4 hours ago, dkw said:

No, it's down to Bradford being in breach of regulations and us the standard punishment for those breaches as other clubs have also seen. 

So which other clubs have the RFL  relied upon for 72k a year from?  and which regulations have they breached?  I don't think there's anything set in stone that the RFL will sublet your former ground to you for 72k that you must use until we see fit.

It's just another RFL cock up that's unraveling around their ears, and the person who initiated it is sitting on his big payoff raking it in somewhere else ?

45 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueMan said:

Due to many years of mismanagement and rorting perhaps? Just a guess.

Yup otherwise they'd be swimming in cash like every other sporting organisations and local councils.

As to the Bulls, they'd be welcome at Headingley and would get bigger crowds than the current tenants.

2 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

It kinda is reasonable BSJ, until you start to think about what would be the alternative for beyond 2020

Back to Odsal - surely out of the question on cost / H&S grounds

Valley Parade - cost prohibitive as we already know

New Stadium - zero chance of that by 2021 (if ever)

Horsfall - apparently doesn't meet RFL requirements 

So we are being asked to buy Season Tickets for a club that cannot sign players and most likely has no future after next season. I'm sure you can see why this doesn't exactly sound very appealing?

Sorry Paul but you are asking the RFL to solve Bradford's problem, which isn't in their remit at all. This response is simply to a request by Bradford to relocate to Dewsbury for an initial two years. Remember that the RFL is against relocations of this sort in principle so they are looking for some evidence from the Bulls of a plan to return to Bradford. Clearly they are unconvinced by what they have been provided with so far, hence their response.

13 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Sorry Paul but you are asking the RFL to solve Bradford's problem, which isn't in their remit at all. This response is simply to a request by Bradford to relocate to Dewsbury for an initial two years. Remember that the RFL is against relocations of this sort in principle so they are looking for some evidence from the Bulls of a plan to return to Bradford. Clearly they are unconvinced by what they have been provided with so far, hence their response.

I'm definitely not wanting the RFL to solve our problems.

But it would help if they didn't throw roadblocks in the way!

Just now, paulwalker71 said:

I'm definitely not wanting the RFL to solve our problems.

But it would help if they didn't throw roadblocks in the way!

Normally used for speeding drivers!

3 hours ago, Clogiron said:

So which other clubs have the RFL  relied upon for 72k a year from?  and which regulations have they breached?  I don't think there's anything set in stone that the RFL will sublet your former ground to you for 72k that you must use until we see fit.

It's just another RFL cock up that's unraveling around their ears, and the person who initiated it is sitting on his big payoff raking it in somewhere else ?

And which other club has relied on the RFL to buy their ground lease for (take your pick of anywhere) between the reported £750k and £1.25m? Bradford are not victims in all this despite what their fans believe.

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

And which other club has relied on the RFL to buy their ground lease for (take your pick of anywhere) between the reported £750k and £1.25m? Bradford are not victims in all this despite what their fans believe.

I am not a Bulls fan by far and not casting them as victims rather questioning why  Wood and the RFL got involved in the first place, it can only be that they saw pound signs in having a stake in the ground?

Bradford just cant keep running away everytime they hit a new problem - the RFL should make them play out of Odsal and just use the large seated stand - close the rest of the ground off so they just have to maintain the one stand.

Once the can get sorted or promoted they can start work on the ground - maybe even a temporary stand under the executive boxes that are at one end of the ground before they are forced to make big improvements to the large standing areas.

Once this club leave the City they will probably never go back.

5 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Bradford just cant keep running away everytime they hit a new problem - the RFL should make them play out of Odsal and just use the large seated stand - close the rest of the ground off so they just have to maintain the one stand.

Once the can get sorted or promoted they can start work on the ground - maybe even a temporary stand under the executive boxes that are at one end of the ground before they are forced to make big improvements to the large standing areas.

Once this club leave the City they will probably never go back.

One of the league papers today has advised the rates for Odsal are 500k a year, this now passes to the RFL, surely you can see we can't afford that figure?. The RFL can't make us play at Odsal the lease runs out on 30th September.

19 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

One of the league papers today has advised the rates for Odsal are 500k a year, this now passes to the RFL, surely you can see we can't afford that figure?. The RFL can't make us play at Odsal the lease runs out on 30th September.

Saw that too. There’s some very interesting nuggets in there, not least plans for a new 15k stadium...

8 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

The RFL took over it to help the club out now the club is dumping it on the RFL.

Once Bradford leave the city they wont be back.

Nope.  Like everyone else they saw an opportunity to get on the Odsal gravy train at a knock down price. Since then they’ve done everything possible to undermine the club by continually appointing owners with no money.  Bet they were absolutely horrified when David Thorne pitched his offer!  No wonder they saw him off and ‘approached’ AC.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

10 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

I just dont believe the numbers being quoted. They all seem a bit lazy.

What do people mean by rates if half a million quid? 

10 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

And by the same token the RFL don't have to give you anymore help

10 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Saw that too. There’s some very interesting nuggets in there, not least plans for a new 15k stadium...

The stadium over the road on what was/is the Richard Dunn sports centre has been talked about for 10 years, including being the RL HQ so in relative terms for BDMC it's still taking it's mother's milk, give it another 20 years and you might see some movement.  The Council doesn't like to pull down empty buildings, it prefers them to rot away whilst it stumbles from developer to developer arguing amongst itself ?

4 hours ago, The Future is League said:

And by the same token the RFL don't have to give you anymore help

If by ‘help’ you mean points deductions, laying conditions down that never apply to other teams, taking central funding (which was promptly shared among our rivals), refusing to sanction owners with any money, and now preventing us from signing players, maybe it’s better if we don’t have ‘help’ from the RFL, thank you very much.

6 hours ago, Konkrete said:

Nope.  Like everyone else they saw an opportunity to get on the Odsal gravy train at a knock down price. Since then they’ve done everything possible to undermine the club by continually appointing owners with no money.  Bet they were absolutely horrified when David Thorne pitched his offer!  No wonder they saw him off and ‘approached’ AC.

Never let the facts get in the way, will you?

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

If by ‘help’ you mean points deductions, laying conditions down that never apply to other teams, taking central funding (which was promptly shared among our rivals), refusing to sanction owners with any money, and now preventing us from signing players, maybe it’s better if we don’t have ‘help’ from the RFL, thank you very much.

I mean taking over the lease when you club didn't have the money to keep it going.

I mean advance TV to keep you club going.

I mean paying the players wages when your club couldn't pay them

Archived