1 Aug: SL: Hull FC v Wigan Warriors KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/19 at 18:45

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

He wasn’t offside then

I don't know what space time continuum you are in but it ain't this one. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Wigan just about deserved that. Their intensity in defence was outstanding.

Given our short turnaround it was a massive effort from us. We lacked a bit of composure at times and made a few dumb errors, but I can't complain. 

Both of those sides could have a big say in the playoffs.

Enjoyable,physical game,the 3 Young Wigan forwards look to be great prospects,Navarette is awful and Wigan badly need an attacking threat at dummy half and puzzling that Sammut wasn't introduced with plenty of tired legs on show.

Full credit to Hull backing up from the semifinal.

Well, at least we have beaten one of the top 3 now. Great effort in the circumstances by FC, and we have a lot of players who could potentially come back in the next few weeks. Third is a possibility. Smithies and Byrne will be great forwards for us for a long time. 

4 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

We gave it a good go, very physical game, fair result I think. 

As a Wigan fan it could have gone rather way.  I'm guessing the key errors cost hull. Both sides defended well.

24 minutes ago, 7723 said:

He was.

23 minutes ago, MZH said:

He was tbf.

22 minutes ago, Padge said:

I don't know what space time continuum you are in but it ain't this one. 

20 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Lol..

The balls already left Conners boot and look were he is in the bottom left no way he’s in front. 

1F181AF7-4ECE-4739-8087-0BBA5AC9FEEA.jpeg

4 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

The balls already left Conners boot and look were he is in the bottom left no way he’s in front. 

I would say it's inconclusive based on that. Connor kicks it pretty much right on that line in the grass. Naulago looks like he is stood in front of that line.

2 minutes ago, my missus said:

Whoosh.

Is that supposed to be directed at me or yourself?

Just to be clear, my point is that picking a players best attribute and saying "if they didn't have that they would be rubbish" is just daft. Kicking is a very important part of the game. What you said is akin to saying that if a winger didn't have pace he would be in NCL, or if a prop didn't have size/strength he would be in NCL.

Do you get me now?

15 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

He’s at least 2 metres offside.

4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Exactly.  He was offside.The ref got it right, as did the commentators 

I agree. You can't tell for sure from that picture because you can't see his lower half. But look at Tuimavave by means of comparison. If you just look at his head/shoulders you could think he was behind the 20 based on that camera angle. But look at his feet and you see that in reality he is at least a couple of metres further forward than that. Naulago's head may appear onside from that camera angle, but apply the same logic and he is a yard or two offside.

no, a winger without pace can still score try's there are quite a few in super league at the moment, a small prop might have a great offload or be elusive, sneyd has nothing but his kicking game.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

It was a good time to play Hull given the short turnaround (which probably shouldn't have happened) but then it really should be a good time for clubs to be playing Wigan given we're relying so heavily on youngsters like Smithies, Partington and Byrne. Their efforts in the last few months have been phenomenal. With the injury to O'Loughlin it's likely we'll have to keep them in the side for the rest of the season but at present they are earning their places.

The game itself was far from a classic. I was a bit disappointed with the way Wigan played, particularly in the first half where we didn't really make use of any good field position we had. It's good to get the win though and it's an important one in the fight for 3rd place.

Hopefully Ben Flower can return at some point but he's the only one likely to come back who could make a difference. There was talk of Greenwood being in contention but in all honesty with the concussions he's had this year I'd be worried about the club playing him again this season.

1 minute ago, my missus said:

no, a winger without pace can still score try's there are quite a few in super league at the moment, a small prop might have a great offload or be elusive, sneyd has nothing but his kicking game.

But his kicking game is first class, and therefore he is a top SL player, so your point is kind of pointless. 

1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

another high tackle, for all the slagging off mini gets he never stops and any young SL player should admire his efforts even of he makes a few errors

Mini has always had me torn from day one. He makes way too many errors and gets caught out too often in defence, but he is a machine, a fantastic competitor, and a model pro.

He will go down as a great signing for Hull, and will always be remembered fondly. But if his ball retention was just a bit better he could have been one of our greatest imports (some might argue that he is anyway).

5 minutes ago, MZH said:

Mini has always had me torn from day one. He makes way too many errors and gets caught out too often in defence, but he is a machine, a fantastic competitor, and a model pro.

He will go down as a great signing for Hull, and will always be remembered fondly. But if his ball retention was just a bit better he could have been one of our greatest imports (some might argue that he is anyway).

He often tests the D line more than our halves, he's always wanting the ball and never shy's away from it, I don't know what his carries are but for a forward who a lot of the time os probing like a half I'll take his errors over some of the drab/lacklustre stuff.

Also Brad Fash gets a bad rap, at one point in the second half he made four consecutive tackles, he's 23 and has always been used as a squad player, when he got a run of games like last year he builds and hence why he got called up for the Knights. He's the kind of player who will never be the biggest/line breaker but will never shirk and always give it everything.

The result wasn't down to fatigue, it was down to the fact we have such a narrow structure in attack, we had the energy but we are let down again by the coaches lack of talent.

Archived