1895 Cup is it on T.V.

23 hours ago, JonM said:

As Spidey says, it depends on the facilities at the home ground. York v Fev on Sunday was probably the worst in terms of camera position and pillars in the way - made it quite difficult to follow the ball at times. Best cameraman in the world can't show you the whole game when they're seemingly stood on the touchline. I seriously doubt there'll be the same problem at Wembley.

I’d imagine the RFL would be using the BBC cameras in situ for the 1895 game. So hopefully proper coverage

On 20/08/2019 at 09:08, JonM said:

As Spidey says, it depends on the facilities at the home ground. York v Fev on Sunday was probably the worst in terms of camera position and pillars in the way - made it quite difficult to follow the ball at times. Best cameraman in the world can't show you the whole game when they're seemingly stood on the touchline. I seriously doubt there'll be the same problem at Wembley.

The York coverage was awful because the camera gantry at Bootham Crescent has been condemned. 

Should be no such problems in the new gaff! ? 

3 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

The York coverage was awful because the camera gantry at Bootham Crescent has been condemned. 

I'll believe it when I see it 

3 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Yes, assumed it was something like that.

It was a great game anyway,  occasionally losing sight of the ball didn't spoil the enjoyment.

On 19/08/2019 at 12:49, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I will put my tin hat on here but I’m glad it’s not being shown on TV, just purely for the way it’s likely to come across on screen with a large section having gone home to drown their sorrows or to celebrate a win. 

You never know Ollie, but for the Rugby alone not withstanding the occasion Sheffield and Widnes could be a better game than "The Big One", most of us second division dwellers have the advantage over SL fans, we get to see all the SL games on TV and also going along to watch the Championship games we are in a good place to make a comparrison with the fare on offer, I have witnessed both good and not so good SL games this season, likewise with the Championship, the other thing is I am very familiar with not seeing full stadia, therefore I do what I have paid for and watch what is happening on the field of play not looking at empty rows of seats.

PS have you ever watched a NRL game at the ANZ there was one on this week, its like the Savannah with all the spaces avaiable.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

You never know Ollie, but for the Rugby alone not withstanding the occasion Sheffield and Widnes could be a better game than "The Big One", most of us second division dwellers have the advantage over SL fans, we get to see all the SL games on TV and also going along to watch the Championship games we are in a good place to make a comparrison with the fare on offer, I have witnessed both good and not so good SL games this season, likewise with the Championship, the other thing is I am very familiar with not seeing full stadia, therefore I do what I have paid for and watch what is happening on the field of play not looking at empty rows of seats.

Great, good for you but there’s no interested from the broadcaster in showing this at present and, IMO, rightly so.

Archived