John Drake

Sat 5 Oct: Championship - Play-off Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers KO 7.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

108 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Featherstone Rovers

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/19 at 18:30

Good news for the game:

World wide broadcast

If you're not in one of the region's getting TV coverage you can stream it on facebook

Of note: Sportsnet will be broadcasting it! Which if it get good numbers could see that TV contract come in (if you are in Canada and have snw or snnow  please give it a watch instead of the CBC!)

Also. TV broadcast coverage in what looks like Mongolia....why not! #mongoliaSL2025

IMG_20191005_103652.jpg

Edited by TboneFromTO
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, TboneFromTO said:

Good news for the game:

World wide broadcast

If you're not in one of the region's getting TV coverage you can stream it on facebook

Of note: Sportsnet will be broadcasting it! Which if it get good numbers could see that TV contract come in (if you are in Canada and have snw or snnow  please give it a watch instead of the CBC!)

Also. TV broadcast coverage in what looks like Mongolia....why not! #mongoliaSL2025

IMG_20191005_103652.jpg

It is rubbish that UK RL is not being shown in far more places than that. 

When we are trying to spread the sport in Africa etc. surely the sport should be given away to channels.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I will let you into a little secret, your team is nowhere near the standard required by SL, McDermott knows this, you have to many ageing players who will get mullered especially those in the forwards, the speed and physicality of SL will result in injuries, 

Good job they are currently playing in the championship then.

Im fairly certain there will be changes to the squad if they do gain promoted although the last championship team promoted didn't do so bad with what was basically the same team.

55 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Like Celtic Crusaders did.

Celtic Crusaders did a lot of great work and the legacy is still seen today with the Ben Flowers of this world. The trouble was when Samuels got bored and the money stopped.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It is rubbish that UK RL is not being shown in far more places than that. 

When we are trying to spread the sport in Africa etc. surely the sport should be given away to channels.

World wide on Facebook though (all the grey is Facebook live!)

Do agree that it should be given away in emerging markets, more eyeballs more players!

• Like 2

Just now, Damien said:

Celtic Crusaders did a lot of great work and the legacy is still seen today with the Ben Flowers of this world. The trouble was when Samuels got bored and the money stopped.

Fair enough, but that's what can potentially happen when a Club relies on one man.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just catching up on this thread, you have just confirmed what I said on another thread later in the week, you really are deluded.

???? = TWP,

?? not one of these in sight at the club, no players, no coaches not even the owner, although there may be one or two of the bartenders in the tented village though.?

Fortunatley, most people these days don't define community and identity through an ethnic purity test, so I think they'll be fine. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gooleboy said:

Fair enough, but that's what can potentially happen when a Club relies on one man.

Or in completely the wrong place with neither the population or corporate side to sustain a Super League club.

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Good job they are currently playing in the championship then.

Im fairly certain there will be changes to the squad if they do gain promoted although the last championship team promoted didn't do so bad with what was basically the same team.

Hello Dav, you are quite right with London, albeit they did get relegated in the end, and no disrespect to them at all they can only perform against what is in front if them, but one has to wonder if Saints had needed to win those two defeats at the hands of London they probably could have ensured they would have done, but glad they didn't it made the end of the season more exciting to read, comment on and watch, Thanks Saints.

Being fairly certain as you state that they will make changes to the squad, sounds to me that you know they need to make changes to the squad, you must see the same as I do, individually and collectively they are nowhere near capable of competing in SL with the present roster, how much have they got to spend? McDermott knows and it does  seem that he is to pleased with the prospect. 

Harry we have discussed this before. Anyone with the slightest insight into RL can see that TWP need a big change in the squad should they go up. Best we can hope for should we go up is consolidation without a relegation fight. Then push on from there. The rest of the championship are a long way behind us in being able to cope. Luckily there are people in the club who realise our position and what is required. Not all TWP fans are oblivious to what lies in wait. The cull has already started and players have been released back to Leigh . How much wiggle room McDermott has remains to be seen but the gap between the two leagues is a huge ask for any team. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hello Dav, you are quite right with London, albeit they did get relegated in the end, and no disrespect to them at all they can only perform against what is in front if them, but one has to wonder if Saints had needed to win those two defeats at the hands of London they probably could have ensured they would have done, but glad they didn't it made the end of the season more exciting to read, comment on and watch, Thanks Saints.

Being fairly certain as you state that they will make changes to the squad, sounds to me that you know they need to make changes to the squad, you must see the same as I do, individually and collectively they are nowhere near capable of competing in SL with the present roster, how much have they got to spend? McDermott knows and it does  seem that he is to pleased with the prospect. 

But they don't presently need a squad that can compete at Superleague level,they only need a team to get out of the Championship,same as they only needed a team good enough to get out of League 1 which they accomplished and afterwards changed the playing personnel to reflect the higher level they were to play in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TboneFromTO said:

Good news for the game:

World wide broadcast

IMG_20191005_103652.jpg

This is what Toronto Wolfpack bring to the table. With the exception of The Wolfpack, Championship games aren’t even broadcast in the UK, never mind Africa. 

Edited by Sir Kevin Sinfield

Weather 13c, cloudy, minimal chance of rain.

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

2 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

Good news for the game:

World wide broadcast

IMG_20191005_103652.jpg

South & Central America, Africa, and 90% of Europe and Asia missing does not make world wide coverage

5 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

South & Central America, Africa, and 90% of Europe and Asia missing does not make world wide coverage

Youre missing that it's available on Facebook for those regions. 

Edited by TboneFromTO
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

Youre missing that it's available on Facebook for those regions. 

You're missing the grey bits then

USA, Canada, UK, France, Mongolia, India, Bay of Bengal, Australia & New Zealand, Yup, World Wide

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

OOH, missed the hotbed of RL, South Korea

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just catching up on this thread, you have just confirmed what I said on another thread later in the week, you really are deluded.

???? = TWP,

?? not one of these in sight at the club, no players, no coaches not even the owner, although there may be one or two of the bartenders in the tented village though.?

Talk is cheap Harry.

Now another poster on here wanted a bet between you and me on this game and the loser has to change their emoje for one year to the other teams side.

I'm calling you out on this Harry Stottle...last chance for you to  put some meat on your bony argument by backing up your posts.

I'm willing to take the bet right now and I'm with Toronto and CANADA!  Are you willing to stand behind your country or not; or are you fearful of a few colonials taking over the game and teaching you English a few lessons.  Are you willing to back the talk with action?

Yes or no Harry...are you taking the bet....YES OR NO?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Talk is cheap Harry.

Now another poster on here wanted a bet between you and me on this game and the loser has to change their emoje for one year to the other teams side.

I'm calling you out on this Harry Stottle...last chance for you to  put some meat on your bony argument by backing up your posts.

I'm willing to take the bet right now and I'm with Toronto and CANADA!  Are you willing to stand behind your country or not; or are you fearful of a few colonials taking over the game and teaching you English a few lessons.  Are you willing to back the talk with action?

When did this game change into an international? 

5 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

You on drugs? You are so blind to not see that Toronto offer so much and deserve to be in SL over Fev and others. I want my Club to do well,but the game for me is more important. SL should be the flagship to promote the sport. Sadly most Championship Clubs are not ready to bring anything to help enhance SL.

If so then what on earth are we running a Championship for? And when if ever will a team be ready to go up to SL? 

40 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Talk is cheap Harry.

Already answered that K'man, unlike your goodself as I said I have been to long in my teams colours to forsake them now, I would sooner be strung up by my eyelids with meathooks than to don the garb of another team, even one as up and coming as the TWP?, I know you are only yet playing at being a supporter - after 3 long years - you ain't even wer behind the earholes yet, easy for you to change your colours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1