How do you support your team?

Some friends of mine are ' dedicated ' Wigan fans , but they rarely go to the DW , Wembley when they get there , London last year , Barcelona last year and have booked for Toronto 

They ' support ' Wigan , but it's a good job all their fans aren't like that , they wouldn't exist as a club 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Define support??? 

I want my team to win when or whoever they play, I don't go to matches or buy any merchandise at all. Does it make me less of a fan??? ? 

Fan or supporter ?

If all your clubs ' fans ' were like you , they wouldn't exist 

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Are you going to come out to watch all the big stars when they come to Hull?...not often you get to see the stellar talent of a side like the Wolfpack....its always good to observe the game played at the highest level.

Nope I won't go because I don't go, nothing will tempt to going either. I'll watch or listen to it as per usual and support em that way. 

1 hour ago, Hullfan said:

Nope I won't go because I don't go, nothing will tempt to going either. I'll watch or listen to it as per usual and support em that way. 

Don't you want to see Sonny Bill rip it up in the flesh?

10 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Some friends of mine are ' dedicated ' Wigan fans , but they rarely go to the DW , Wembley when they get there , London last year , Barcelona last year and have booked for Toronto 

They ' support ' Wigan , but it's a good job all their fans aren't like that , they wouldn't exist as a club 

I worked with a 'dedicated' Wigan fan like that.

Wigan born and bred, but living in Cumbria, he would go to the trouble of driving 'home' for the big games - then watch from the comfort of a pub! 

He'd have half of bitter in the first half and half a bitter in the second. 

You can't claim to be a fan of Wigan or anyone if you're not actually spending any money. 

I see a guy around sometimes who literally just wears Hull FC gear and nothing else constantly. I have honestly never seen him in anything other than Hull clothes. I've talked to him a few times and he talks really passionately, very knowledgeably about the game and the team and then last time I was talking to him he said he doesn't go to games and has only ever had a season ticket once in his life. He didn't offer any explanation as to why this was either, I just got the impression from what he was saying that he simply couldn't be bothered to go. Strange person.

10 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Are you going to come out to watch all the big stars when they come to Hull?...not often you get to see the stellar talent of a side like the Wolfpack....its always good to observe the game played at the highest level.

Ive already seen Toronto play at Hull. I was one of the 4,000 people that turned up to the friendly 3 years ago. It will be nice to see someone different play at the KCOM though, we don't draw championship sides at home in the challenge cup very often so don't get to see that level of rugby much..... just joking Kman, i love Toronto really! ?

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Ive already seen Toronto play at Hull. I was one of the 4,000 people that turned up to the friendly 3 years ago. It will be nice to see someone different play at the KCOM though, we don't draw championship sides at home in the challenge cup very often so don't get to see that level of rugby much..... just joking Kman, i love Toronto really! ?

Thats It!   We are coming to get ya!

15 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Who?? 

Oh My God.

You've been out of the loop for far too long.....he is one the best players in the world and our squad is also one of the best....put on that jacket and get down to the game.....you might never have such an opportunity again....sometimes chances like this they only come up once in a lifetime and this is one of those times.

Very large crowds will be coming out over there to watch the Wolfpack hunt.

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I wouldn't be surprised if you battered us, we're the most inconsistent team in super league. 

I actually think you have a pretty good looking squad this year with nice potential......I hope we batter you though.

People who don`t go to matches i would refer to as followers . Fans or Supporters are those that put their money down  , they are the ones who keep their Clubs alive . If we were all followers the terraces would be empty , Clubs would go to the wall , and Sky would run a mile .

2 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

People who don`t go to matches i would refer to as followers . Fans or Supporters are those that put their money down  , they are the ones who keep their Clubs alive . If we were all followers the terraces would be empty , Clubs would go to the wall , and Sky would run a mile .

Nah 

If they don't go to games and watch it on sky instead sky would actually like it 

4 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

You know what one of my biggest hates is? People who claim to be supporters and refuse to go to games for no good reason.

I put my money down on things that are worth putting it down on, also I buy the sky sports package in February cancel it in October!!! Makes me pretty much a paying supporter

I would never claim to be a supporter if I couldn't attend the majority of home games and the away games that were financially viable. I want to see my club play as often as is reasonably possible. I ENJOY watching them!!!!

I understand that I may have to rely on Ourleague for some away games. I'm no less a supporter for doing that. However a supporter should attend EVERY home game if they can.

Archived