Ricky Gervais Rob Burrow message

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

I’m no fan of Ricky Gervais’ work (well bar The Office and Extras) but he’s gone up in my estimation with that message

Yep. Me too. Very easy to just send thoughts and best wishes, but to take the time to put some effort into it and make it personal. Top man!

13 hours ago, dixiedean said:

Yep. Me too. Very easy to just send thoughts and best wishes, but to take the time to put some effort into it and make it personal. Top man!

I liked him taking the Mick, but he could have actually included at least some well wishes for Rob too.

(Maybe I'm just being picky!)

I didn't use to be much of a Gervais fan but do like him far more now than in the past. 

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

7 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I liked him taking the Mick, but he could have actually included at least some well wishes for Rob too.

I didn't use to be much of a Gervais fan but do like him far more now than in the past. 

I think Rob has said he is quite a fan of Ricky, so just his little "skit" and the fact he is actually doing it is probably more than enough for Rob, lol

14 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I thought that when I first saw it but after watching it again a few times, the fact he is talking to Rob Burrow directly ("tell your mate Stevie") puts a really nice personal touch to it and it absolutely fits Gervais's style so you know what you are going to get with him.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I take your point if you're not overly familiar/fond of Gervais' style, but I can say as a massive fan myself there is nothing Rob would've wanted more than a David Brent style dressing down as a message. You wouldn't have asked him to do it if you expected anything less. Breaking character at the end to say 'best wishes' etc wouldn't have been as funny IMO. 

Most importantly, Rob loved it and again replied in the style David Brent which shows he completely 'got it'. 

2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I take your point if you're not overly familiar/fond of Gervais' style, but I can say as a massive fan myself there is nothing Rob would've wanted more than a David Brent style dressing down as a message. You wouldn't have asked him to do it if you expected anything less. Breaking character at the end to say 'best wishes' etc wouldn't have been as funny IMO. 

Most importantly, Rob loved it and again replied in the style David Brent which shows he completely 'got it'. 

His stand up is ace , cutting barrackers off at the knees.

Archived