John Drake

The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

11 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

This is the first good news about Toronto that we have all been waiting to hear.

Really Manny,

Toronto are either signing Old Men or very average SL players it seems, neither of those two would stand out in the Championship, which other SL club do you think would sign either of them if either became available?

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Really Manny,

Toronto are either signing Old Men or very average SL players it seems, neither of those two would stand out in the Championship, which other SL club do you think would sign either of them if either became available?

Wakefield, Salford, Hull Kingston Rovers.

Whether or not you are correct about relegation candidacy, they are current Super League clubs, and therefore their existence answers your previous rhetorical question. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

This is the first good news about Toronto that we have all been waiting to hear.

Speak for yourself.

Looks like Richie Myler and Stevie Ward are both Toronto bound too 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

55 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Whether or not you are correct about relegation candidacy, they are current Super League clubs, and therefore their existence answers your previous rhetorical question. 

OK, have it your own way,  but you really know what I meant.

Lordy, lordy, it's been so very, very nice on here for the last 3 months with hardly any Toronto threads to interest all the Toronto dumpsters and nay-sayers and their like.  One pops up today and they're back at it (Manfred Mann excepted).

John Drake and CKN.......where are you?......to please get this thread merged onto that special "Toronto Wolfpack" thread that you created ~6 or 7 months ago and that has hundreds of pages?  That's the one I couldn't take any more of after about the first 50 pages.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don`t think this Argyle character is going to satisfied until he has the Super League trophy, Challenge Cup trophy and  probably just as importantly  if not more so a World Club Challenge trophy in the Wolfpacks clubhouse.This guy wants to build a Rugby League powerhouse that can match it and beat teams like we saw on t.v. tonight. You Pommies should embrace  it and develop your clubs to make it as much a challenge for him as possible  , nothing but good  can come out of it .

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Yorkshire and Humber?!

Well we are the centre of the universe and all things good so it does make sense to start here.

• Like 2

John Drake and/or CKN.  Gents, may I ever so humbly request that you transfer/merge this new thread into the "all-encompassing" Toronto Wolfpack thread that you created ~6 or 7 months ago.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by Cameron Highlander
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Cameron Highlander said:

John Drake and/or CKN.  Gents, may I ever so humbly request that you transfer/merge this new thread into the "all-encompassing" Toronto Wolfpack thread that you created ~6 or 7 months ago.  Thanks in advance.

Why, is there a plethora of other RL news that this is getting in the way of?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, The Rocket said:

I don`t think this Argyle character is going to satisfied until he has the Super League trophy, Challenge Cup trophy and  probably just as importantly  if not more so a World Club Challenge trophy in the Wolfpacks clubhouse.This guy wants to build a Rugby League powerhouse that can match it and beat teams like we saw on t.v. tonight. You Pommies should embrace  it and develop your clubs to make it as much a challenge for him as possible  , nothing but good  can come out of it .

Be careful.  You’ll be getting a visit from the Leigh massive with comments like that.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Be careful.  You’ll be getting a visit from the Leigh massive with comments like that.

i would never want to disrespect any of the  foundation clubs or their supporters or the memory of all the people who played our great game . I`m just a ring-in from OZ   who thinks that League  could have a great future . If I can make  the WC next year high on my  list will be the RL museum. Can`t wait to visit towns like Wigan, Hull ,St Helens et. al.

Edited by The Rocket
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Can`t wait to visit towns like Wigan, Hull ,St Helens et. al.

While I love your enthusiasm, you must be the first person in history to be excited about going to any of those three places!

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

While I love your enthusiasm, you must be the first person in history to be excited about going to any of those three places!

I saw  Wigan on ` Dalziel and  Pascoe` , Dalziel standing at the bar ,  old League photos on the wall , beer in hand  telling Pascoe about `the year that Wigan won the Cup`.

• Like 1

On 02/07/2020 at 22:27, Tommygilf said:

https://twitter.com/leagueexpress/status/1278666229373419521?s=19

Build those transatlantic/commonwealth links guys

Somehow the Wolfpack need to start developing juniors from Canada and as we all know it takes many years of hard work to do this, but somehow how they need to start junior leagues (If they haven't already)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Somehow the Wolfpack need to start developing juniors from Canada and as we all know it takes many years of hard work to do this, but somehow how they need to start junior leagues (If they haven't already)

I think that success will be their number one priority and with that profile, if you can start getting Dads and Mums to the games with the kids you will be much more likely to be getting them taking the kids down on registration day .Thats what I did with my son , I didn`t ask him, just signed him up and away he went. It will a huge bonus for them to being able to have derby`s with  Wolfpack and maybe even New York. I`ve heard that Wolfpack make it a really good day out as well , thats a great incentive for people to go.

Edited by The Rocket
add summat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Great initiative by the Wolfpack, which should generate commercial benefits along the way

Yes,  it is the sort of professionalism that will open up doors for RL, economic growth opportunities are hard to find in todays low growth world economy. Sport is a legitimate large scale industry and any Gov`t would be foolish not to see RL`s growth and wealth generating potential. Rugby WC generates a motza for host countries no reason that League can`t be doing the same in 20yrs.

Edited by The Rocket
add summat
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Eddie said:

When I last visited England we were traveling from the north to the south and I saw a street sign for Wigan. I asked my partner (she’s English) if we could take a detour so I could see the town.

She was like “ Why would anyone want to visit there?” and drove straight past the turn-off .

Edited by Copa
  • Haha 1