• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well... after 66 days in ICU my sister's fella who was described as being as near to death as can be without dying.... has made it. He's home. Half the fella he was.... and the virus has ravaged his l

I'm not putting up with this goading of a volunteer moderator who does a sterling job on my behalf generally on here, but especially recently when I was ill for almost a month with what might well hav

Well my sister's fella is making very small steps in the right direction. From being described as as near to death without being dead, he's now sat up, off dialysis and yesterday was breathing on

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I've just changed my name by deed poll to Aardvark Aardvarkason. 

That's suspiciously foreign - get to the back of the queue!

• Haha 4

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

22 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Jeff Bezos will become the wealthiest bloke ever now 

He already is, even after his wife took half. Maybe we'll be more minded to extract some actual tax from him now.

Edited by tim2

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, Padge said:

We have a couple of instant experts on here, again both get annoyed at being called out.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

https://www.ok.co.uk/lifestyle/nhs-coronavirus-id-badge-hospital-21740719

Not the most reliable source.... I accept that

The police have still not had a single report according to what I can see. There was a request put out earlier that I now can’t find in the pile of stuff I’ve had today. “My mate’s mate got attacked, can I have some money for that story?”

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

37 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Does it include parliament 

Come on, only essential businesses and services are remaining open....

Saw a report earlier that they were going to bring the start of their East recess forward once the emergency legislation had been passed.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

Car booked in for MOT Thursday so that's gone, I shall just tax it and carry on. I find it strange that according to some expert on TV going out for a drive is considered a no no, your self isolating and it was my plan to escape cabin fever over the forthcoming weeks that and taking the dog upto the moors where it's easy to avoid people.

Mental illness here I come (again)??

Just now, Clogiron said:

Car booked in for MOT Thursday so that's gone, I shall just tax it and carry on. I find it strange that according to some expert on TV going out for a drive is considered a no no, your self isolating and it was my plan to escape cabin fever over the forthcoming weeks that and taking the dog upto the moors where it's easy to avoid people.

Surely if you stay in your car then you are still isolated.

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

John Ashworth (a reasonable Labour MP thus excluded from ever being its leader) is raising the question about whether the curfew applies to the construction industry. Unless I hear anything different, I'm going to Barnsley tomorrow.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Quick query, not seen anything commenting on this... 

What if you're currently away from home? I've not seen anything to suggest hotels, guest houses, etc. have to shut. I know some are however, but is it to be enforced? 

Are people supposed to head home immediately? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 minute ago, Wolford6 said:

John Ashworth (a reasonable Labour MP thus excluded from ever being its leader) is raising the question about whether the curfew applies to the construction industry. Unless I hear anything different, I'm going to Barnsley tomorrow.

Either way parts of the supply chain will probably dry up fairly soon 

58 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I had some stuff delivered to post office... no idea if it will be open now.

Miner issue i know....

One item is a TV for my elderly mother's bedroom, her current one is no longer fit for purpose.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Surely any existing orders will be completed , but no new ones taken 

It hasn't been paid for online just ordered (don't ask ? ) and pay in store.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

13 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

11 minutes ago, ckn said:

Surely if you stay in your car then you are still isolated.

I think (only think) that driving is safe. But, it is hard to trust that people are really going to stay in the car and not meet up with people. The rules have to be easy to police too.

Last week, I drove to forests and emjoyed splendid isolation. But, were I stopped on the road, coudl they believe my claim? Safer to make m ehave to justify why I was out at all.

• Like 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

9 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Quick query, not seen anything commenting on this... 

What if you're currently away from home? I've not seen anything to suggest hotels, guest houses, etc. have to shut. I know some are however, but is it to be enforced? 

Are people supposed to head home immediately? 

Here's the specific guidance.

Including:

"hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, and boarding houses for commercial/leisure use (excluding permanent residents and key workers)."

So I guess folk will be turfed out in the morning whether they have anywhere to go or not.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Cancel order and buy one in Tesco.

Their electrical and clothes dept. is on a different floor and I suspect will be cordoned off. Its none essentials.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

Their electrical and clothes dept. is on a different floor and I suspect will be cordoned off. Its none essentials.

Single floor on the two in Bradford. Been to one tonight; no cordon.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

3 minutes ago, ckn said:

Here's the specific guidance.

Including:

"hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, and boarding houses for commercial/leisure use (excluding permanent residents and key workers)."

So I guess folk will be turfed out in the morning whether they have anywhere to go or not.

Cheers. Been looking for something like that, but didn't see it on BBC or any other news site I looked at. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb