2 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Single floor on the two in Bradford. Been to one tonight; no cordon.

Rules not in place until tomorrow.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well... after 66 days in ICU my sister's fella who was described as being as near to death as can be without dying.... has made it. He's home. Half the fella he was.... and the virus has ravaged his l

I'm not putting up with this goading of a volunteer moderator who does a sterling job on my behalf generally on here, but especially recently when I was ill for almost a month with what might well hav

Well my sister's fella is making very small steps in the right direction. From being described as as near to death without being dead, he's now sat up, off dialysis and yesterday was breathing on

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Leigh ASDA ? , We might let you in , just this once ?

She's not that desperate.

• Haha 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

My great fear now that this lockdown is in force... mullets and bowl cuts.

Just think of the children.

We children of the 70s and before can attest to the horror of such things and are truly thankful that the internet and mobile phones with cameras didn't exist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

All the bog roll has been delivered to Waitrose in St Leonard's, all the counties supply.

I will give that ten minutes, the pop up to Asda while Gingerjon looks for a Waitrose within 25 miles of here

Where were you last Thursday?

8 minutes ago, ckn said:

Here's the specific guidance.

Including:

"hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, and boarding houses for commercial/leisure use (excluding permanent residents and key workers)."

So I guess folk will be turfed out in the morning whether they have anywhere to go or not.

It just says 'work' in there.  Other things say key workers.  

I'm guessing more clarification (again) on the way...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

17 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Quick query, not seen anything commenting on this... 

What if you're currently away from home? I've not seen anything to suggest hotels, guest houses, etc. have to shut. I know some are however, but is it to be enforced? 

Are people supposed to head home immediately? 

Our son is in Leamington - as he was working in a spoons until Saturday (cleaning, last customers were Friday) so the plan was for him and his last remaining house mate to sit it out a week/10 days then early next week (which coincides with an end of month) she would head back to Liverpool and him home to us - leaving all there gear in another set of mates house until the end of summer when they have next years house booked from - that would save a few months rent and get him back with us (where he would have a better internet connection for uni work)

Now not sure what is happening

Just now, ckn said:

We children of the 70s and before can attest to the horror of such things and are truly thankful that the internet and mobile phones with cameras didn't exist.

Ah, dont worry hr man, you can still work from home, I'm afraid. For us unemployed, it's just another day.

1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

It just says 'work' in there.  Other things say key workers.  

I'm guessing more clarification (again) on the way...

I think it will be clarified as they go.

Maybe they expect to keep the coffers filling by fining folk. They could make millions each day by standing in front of City firms where the Partners think their law/accountancy firms make them "key workers", £5k a pop billed directly to the firm.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

31 minutes ago, ckn said:

Surely if you stay in your car then you are still isolated.

Worst.

Gary Numan cover.

Ever.

• Haha 3

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Just now, ckn said:

Maybe they expect to keep the coffers filling by fining folk. They could make millions each day by standing in front of City firms where the Partners think their law/accountancy firms make them "key workers", £5k a pop billed directly to the firm.

HR not essential enough? I got a call today from my Mental Health worker, working from home today.

I'm still not sure whether my landlord will still evict me on 02.05.20 as his Section 21 has requested.

6 minutes ago, ckn said:

Being bald has its benefits. ???

• Haha 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

8 minutes ago, ckn said:

When there are Skype meetings now, there is lots of fun with the women finding out how each others hair colour and style is naturally.

• Haha 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

6 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Ah, dont worry hr man, you can still work from home, I'm afraid. For us unemployed, it's just another day.

My mate in Madrid, by day 5 of the full lockdown he had trimmed his hair with a beard trimmer

That is the misshape of things to come

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ckn said:

Sports direct are staying open.  Apparently.

• Confused 3

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 minute ago, Bob8 said:

When there are Skype meetings now, there is lots of fun with the women finding out how each others hair colour and style is naturally.

And we can sit in our knickers too

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ckn said:

But sadly, school photos did. I try to pretend I was looking for a Johnny Ramone look but was really my mums bowl. 

You tell the kids today that and do they believe you? 

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I think (only think) that driving is safe. But, it is hard to trust that people are really going to stay in the car and not meet up with people. The rules have to be easy to police too.

Last week, I drove to forests and emjoyed splendid isolation. But, were I stopped on the road, coudl they believe my claim? Safer to make m ehave to justify why I was out at all.

Its about non essential journeys, being in the car in and of itself isn't going to Spread the virus, but, what if you break down, what if you have an accident.

Just stay in unless you have to.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

John Ashworth (a reasonable Labour MP thus excluded from ever being its leader) is raising the question about whether the curfew applies to the construction industry. Unless I hear anything different, I'm going to Barnsley tomorrow.

Official answer. 

• Like 1

I'm sure there will be things put in place for the self employed. Should have been done earlier and given higher priority, of course.  However, the number of initiatives already taken in a very short period of time is huge and it'll take a huge admin exercise to get all of those up and running. 

I thought they might have introduced help for self employed today but the new isolation rules etc have  had to be brought in.

Maybe tomorrow.

Meanwhile, https://www.express.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/1259212/Universal-Credit-for-self-employed-how-to-claim-Universal-Credit-when-self-employed-uk

Plus this

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses

Income Tax

For Income Tax Self-Assessment, payments due on the 31 July 2020 will be deferred until the 31 January 2021.

If you are self-employed you are eligible.

All businesses and self-employed people in financial distress, and with outstanding tax liabilities, may be eligible to receive support with their tax affairs through HMRC’s Time To Pay service.

These arrangements are agreed on a case-by-case basis and are tailored to individual circumstances and liabilities.

You are eligible if your business pays tax to the UK government and has outstanding tax liabilities

a but more here, too. https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/11234644/coronavirus-self-employed-get-help-wages-bills/

Four legs good - two legs bad

Text from a post from my Dad on Facebook. Some people are going to suffer here more than others. 

It is with heavy heart that we have closed the Pontefract Food Bank immediately. Following the guidance of no more than two gathering we would be unable to operate. We will keep the situation under review but as Trustees we have responsibilities to clients and volunteers to operate safely.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb