• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well... after 66 days in ICU my sister's fella who was described as being as near to death as can be without dying.... has made it. He's home. Half the fella he was.... and the virus has ravaged his l

I'm not putting up with this goading of a volunteer moderator who does a sterling job on my behalf generally on here, but especially recently when I was ill for almost a month with what might well hav

Well my sister's fella is making very small steps in the right direction. From being described as as near to death without being dead, he's now sat up, off dialysis and yesterday was breathing on

Posted Images

I think this is where we need to go to as a country because of the f***wittery of some:

• Like 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

"You're happy to die for a day at the beach"

"Yeah"

I am now desperate to know what goes on at that beach if it's good enough to mean that the rest of your life has no purpose.

And if it’s that good then it is one to visit (after the pandemic has finished)

4 hours ago, Damien said:

No, giving a coherent message without contradiction and with everyone singing from the same hymn sheet is great communications.

Did you see or hear the initial interview? 

Four legs good - two legs bad

24 minutes ago, ckn said:

Another one to boycott, if you're not already doing it:

Advice please. How can I boycott someone or something I have never bought from in the first place and have no intention of ever buying from?

Edited by JohnM

Four legs good - two legs bad

Just now, JohnM said:

Advice please. How can I boycott someone or something I have never bought from in the first place and have no intention of ever buying from. 

You can harrumph at them as you drive past once this is all done. If you're really annoyed, rustle your Telegraph at them ?

• Haha 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

4 hours ago, Damien said:

I read yesterday about Diageo pledging to donate enough alcohol to make 8 million bottles of hand sanitizers too:

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2020-03-23/diageo-pledges-eight-million-bottles-of-hand-sanitiser/

That's a good gesture of them I guess.

"Diageo usually makes a host of brands, like Guinness, Baileys, Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff and more."

Didn't know all those brands were from the same distiller.

83 deaths in the last 24 hours, including 21 at one London Trust.

I'm stuck at home and it's soul destroying trying to support these clinicians saving lives but also desperately worried about themselves and their families.

39 minutes ago, francisbaud said:

That's a good gesture of them I guess.

"Diageo usually makes a host of brands, like Guinness, Baileys, Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff and more."

Didn't know all those brands were from the same distiller.

More than just those, too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diageo#Products 

• Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

7 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm in a none critical role for 95% of my job.

The prime minister said work from home where poss...

The NHS says get your ar se into base....  fab. Just fab.

I'm on leave this week, but my sources are suggesting I'll be working from home come Monday. Initially we were advised to keep attending as usual, as there wasn't sufficient capacity for everyone to work remotely and priority was being given to setting up contingency plans for medical staff who could potentially work off site, like radiographers. Sometimes things only make sense when you're given the full picture.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

20 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

I'm on leave this week, but my sources are suggesting I'll be working from home come Monday. Initially we were advised to keep attending as usual, as there wasn't sufficient capacity for everyone to work remotely and priority was being given to setting up contingency plans for medical staff who could potentially work off site, like radiographers. Sometimes things only make sense when you're given the full picture.

We've moved all non-smartcard users to NHS Mail's public servers and Microsoft OneDrive for documents meaning not a single bit of internal NHS bandwidth needed. All other internal-only apps are stood down unless critical, even the intranet has been stripped of essential stuff and stuck on OneDrive folders. Those users are all now at home.

That means that we've plenty, and I mean plenty, of capacity for clinical staff who CAN work at home but need internal access via VPN to do so.

Doesn't take much nouse, it just needs some folk to not be complete plonkers in insisting folk turn up to work just for the hell of it.

19 hours ago, Bob8 said:

I think (only think) that driving is safe. But, it is hard to trust that people are really going to stay in the car and not meet up with people. The rules have to be easy to police too.

Last week, I drove to forests and emjoyed splendid isolation. But, were I stopped on the road, coudl they believe my claim? Safer to make m ehave to justify why I was out at all.

With regards driving I was going off what one of the 'experts' said on the TV, could you be trusted to not stop somewhere for a coffee or a toilet or what about putting in petrol . I know that some of the public give the impression of being idiots but some of us can behave responsibly, you can use gloves and pay at the pump, and I'm not thinking of driving to Italy or suchlike!

With regards the MOT garages are still open and testing for cars is still allowed though it's suspended for commercial vehicles, buses and trailers, where I have booked mine in has told me to ring tomorrow afternoon as he's playing day by day with staff etc, so there's still hope.

I think living day to day is the best that anyone can hope for at present.

• Like 1