• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well... after 66 days in ICU my sister's fella who was described as being as near to death as can be without dying.... has made it. He's home. Half the fella he was.... and the virus has ravaged his l

I'm not putting up with this goading of a volunteer moderator who does a sterling job on my behalf generally on here, but especially recently when I was ill for almost a month with what might well hav

Well my sister's fella is making very small steps in the right direction. From being described as as near to death without being dead, he's now sat up, off dialysis and yesterday was breathing on

Posted Images

My partner is in a senior position in a hospital. A lot of her staff are genuinely scared as they’ve had a lot of time to see on TV what’s coming and the possible consequences are now well known to them all. 

The local schools are still providing for our kids thanks to her job which gives some relief but to get that relief it also comes with being in a family at high risk of getting the virus. She’s already been tested once (negative) and we expect her to be tested again.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Lockdown

Good.

Pleased to see this happen - we could have done without the last weekend of madness like some last days of Rome nonsense - and that the police will have enforcement powers.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

No option for Boris . To many idiots who just don’t listen . I need to go for very regular essential care , I need infrequent shopping visits . I can live without everything else . Gatherings in food shops though is a concern , I don’t know how you deal with that 

2 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Not looking forward to the next few weeks but there it is. 

Not sure if it means most places of work are shut, excepting vital services?

He made the point that if you can work from home then you must do so 

My diary will be clear after I nip down to my customers and pick up my tools in the morning 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

No option for Boris . To many idiots who just don’t listen . I need to go for very regular essential care , I need infrequent shopping visits . I can live without everything else . Gatherings in food shops though is a concern , I don’t know how you deal with that 

They need to look at dedicated times for shopping based on names 

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I guess that if gathering in shops becomes a concern then you literally say "S-Z can go to Sainsbury's at 10am, A-F in Asda at midday" and so on ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

I guess that if gathering in shops becomes a concern then you literally say "S-Z can go to Sainsbury's at 10am, A-F in Asda at midday" and so on ...

Indeed . It is a concern , I think I’m in a vulnerable group somewhere and that would be the only place where I’d be among a group , as the clinics are keeping people apart 

Just ordered some stuff from Argos, can I collect?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

Just ordered some stuff from Argos, can I collect?

I had some stuff delivered to post office... no idea if it will be open now.

Miner issue i know....

Edited by Bedford Roughyed

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Sister and mum confused how they will look after the horses.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Sister and mum confused how they will look after the horses.  

They will do what they've always done , but distancing themselves from each other and everybody else as much as possible 

21 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

They need to look at dedicated times for shopping based on names 

I've just changed my name by deed poll to Aardvark Aardvarkason. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Four legs good - two legs bad