Sign in to follow this  
frank

Folau

Just now, Eddie said:

Interesting about the fans, and whether they were actually Catalans fans or not, and if they are whether they’ll actually stop supporting them or not. Only their attendances will be the gauge of that. 

Incidentally gambling can considerably worsen the lives of vulnerable children, more than Folau’s idiotic social media comments ever could, but I don’t see any club or fan protesting against that. 

Huge numbers of fans in Australia complain about the gambling. It’s a social disease here.

6 minutes ago, Copa said:

Huge numbers of fans in Australia complain about the gambling. It’s a social disease here.

Does it stop sponsorship of RL in Australia though, or people going to the game or buying merchandise?

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Does it stop sponsorship of RL in Australia though, or people going to the game or buying merchandise?

They did cut back a few years ago when it was really bad. 

There’s also a huge difference between being directly targeting a marginalised gay child and targeting an adult gambler. 

9 minutes ago, winnyason said:

What's this another 20 pages of Izzy

It’s Izzy v TWP in the thread World Cup.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Qantas played a big part in the action against Folau by Aussie RU. 

London Irish (iirc) lost sponsors when they signed a player involved in a sex scandal. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think Frank is on a bit of an expedition here. For completeness, this was his opening post on the first page of the original folau tgread:

"Lots of do gooders on this board." 

In the context of why this thread was created this is quite an important fact that Frank decided to omit.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Copa said:

None of that is relevant.

If you own a business and your high profile spokesperson was threatening your profits, you should be able to sack them instead of watching your brand and profits go do the toilet.

Which the ARU did 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fairly sure everyone who wanted to, had their say on the other thread. Can’t be anything to add surely? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Copa said:

They did cut back a few years ago when it was really bad. 

There’s also a huge difference between being directly targeting a marginalised gay child and targeting an adult gambler. 

Has Folau deliberately targeted a marginalised gay child? I haven’t followed the story very closely but I haven’t heard about that, what happened?

26 minutes ago, Dave T said:

London Irish (iirc) lost sponsors when they signed a player involved in a sex scandal. 

London Irish lost Guinness of all the brands!

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

So what do people think of this Israel Folau thing 🤔..?

I dunno much but I think everyone will forget all about it if he does the business on the field!

6 hours ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

One thing i would like to say is that the origin of Folau belief comes from British missionaries coming to the Pacific with fire and brimstone Christianity 200 years ago that was even more fundamentalist than Isareal Folau's beliefs!

That's alright then, it was the result of the British 200 years ago and not Israel Folau's fault. We can take all responsibility away from him and put it on the British.

Knew it was somehow our fault.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

22 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

London Irish lost Guinness of all the brands!

Sure they even got bumped by cash converters!!!! :kolobok_biggrin:

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

....and Mick Ronson. ....and Tom Courtenay. ....and Maureen Lipman.  ....and Ebenezer Cobb Morley. 

Hull has contributed a lot of people to the world! But you know who didn't come from Hull? 

Yes.

49 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Has Folau deliberately targeted a marginalised gay child? I haven’t followed the story very closely but I haven’t heard about that, what happened?

Most gay children live in religious families. The self loathing and other issues they often face are well documented. So is the suicide and negative lifestyle choices that can come as a consequence. They hear negative comments at home and in places of worship.... for them to then hear a high profile and (at that point in time) respected Folau stick the knife in is appalling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

So what do people think of this Israel Folau thing 🤔..?

Hang on, what? Israel Folau is back in rugby league.

Someone should have said something. Has he been up to much recently?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

The same Qantas that has a partnership with Emirates, the Airline of the UAE, where being gay is illegal and people are jailed or worse for it .double standards come to mind.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Hang on, what? Israel Folau is back in rugby league.

Someone should have said something. Has he been up to much recently?

I would've but I was too busy reading up on the letters of st Paul 

😀