Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
townie88

Challenge cup

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ST1959 said:

Ball no9 was Rochdale how come we play Sheffield ????

Rochdale were number 9.? Another RL farce ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolute shocker , could barely be worse . Hardly anyone goes ( 400 to watch Halifax) and on a hiding to nowt 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ST1959 said:

Ball no9 was Rochdale now come we play Sheffield ????

Because ball 9 was Sheffield, the numbers are allocated in alphabetical order so no way could Rochdale be 9 and Sheffield 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Our League App

Tonight’s ball numbers

  1. Bradford Bulls
  2. Featherstone Rovers
  3. Huddersfield Giants
  4. Hull Kingston Rovers
  5. Hunslet
  6. Leigh Centurions
  7. Newcastle Thunder
  8. Rochdale Hornets
  9. Sheffield Eagles
  10. Swinton Lions
  11. Toronto Wolfpack
  12. Wakefield Trinity
  13. Whitehaven or Dewsbury Rams
  14. Widnes Vikings
  15. Workington Town
  16. York City Knights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pensioner said:

Because ball 9 was Sheffield, the numbers are allocated in alphabetical order so no way could Rochdale be 9 and Sheffield 8.

But the list they showed had number 9 next to Rochdale, I've just rewound it. ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolute shambles On the BBC, number 9 was Rochdale  . Then they gave out Leigh v HKR , big cheer goes up in the audience from Leigh supporters   only to be told they were away to HKR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’ve had problems with draws before . Which is understandable given the complexities of putting your hand in a bag and pulling balls with prearranged numbers on then reading them out . 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, silverfox said:

Absolute shambles On the BBC, number 9 was Rochdale  . Then they gave out Leigh v HKR , big cheer goes up in the audience from Leigh supporters   only to be told they were away to HKR. 

They had wrong numbers, some of them, on left hand side - Swintons for example...then they whipped them off screen when they realised cock up........

And at the end he just had to read the draw out without seeing them on screen.

The "big cheer" as you say, was when number 4 came out.....the draw was being made at HULL K R's ground so it was HKR's number 4 they cheered for....it wasn't Leigh fans..none there.

 

 

Edited by Chrome Dome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, silverfox said:

your maybe right but he did say  No 4 Leigh . He should have said  No4 HKR v 

He was joking with HKR fans then...

P.S........on a serious matter...hope the weather gets better asap and you get that DP pitch sorted...

Edited by Chrome Dome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DavidM said:

They’ve had problems with draws before . Which is understandable given the complexities of putting your hand in a bag and pulling balls with prearranged numbers on then reading them out . 

It's a bit above their capabilities to be honest, wouldnt have faith in them completing a 2 piece jigsaw ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Absolute shocker , could barely be worse . Hardly anyone goes ( 400 to watch Halifax) and on a hiding to nowt 

You're spot on with that...awful draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Just get all the clubs into the draw,big clubs look after the smaller clubs,that was the beauty of the challenge cup.

Exactly . Ridiculous how you can enter , win a game and be in the QF ? I mean what’s that about 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Just get all the clubs into the draw,big clubs look after the smaller clubs,that was the beauty of the challenge cup.

The beauty of the RL Challenge Cup has been diluted since the inception of Superleague....and before that the dominance of the Wigan team started the rot.

I'll never forget standing with 13,000 at DP versus Hull KR, and 17,741 versus Wigan...the cup was then the RL holy grail for sure.

BTW I heard the guy on Border TV News say tonight's draw would include all the 'big guns'........who gives this lot such duff info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One campaign that stands out to me was going to Carlisle and edging them , then two games here against Hull KR and Oldham . The place was rocking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

One campaign that stands out to me was going to Carlisle and edging them , then two games here against Hull KR and Oldham . The place was rocking 

They were great games with amazing atmospheres,  I remember us filling Carlisles ground and winning with a late drop goal from either Weir or Kitchen. ? Brilliant days them. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...