Todd Greenberg steps down as NRL CEO

Todd Greenberg has resigned as the CEO of the NRL today.

There have been too many question marks about him lately and many good judges do not rate him.

I never cared for him and I do not know anyone that did.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Link here 

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2020-covid19-coronavirus-todd-greenberg-peter-vlandys-missing-millions-blood-testing/news-story/8536f03947241f1304dc7e6f80a8076a

His days have been numbered for some time, but the financial hole and even more so the missing pension payments were the final straw. V’Landys has very much been taking a hands-on role and marginalising Greenberg ever since. He might look back on his tenure with some success but I doubt many will shed a tear about his departure 

Much as he denies he wasnts it  it there is only one man for the job- Gus Gould the peoples choice....

DSC_0220.JPG

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

2 hours ago, Allora said:

There have been too many question marks about him lately and many good judges do not rate him.

I think once the aussie media got stuck into him that was the end.

11 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

With V'Landys running the show it's more of a yes man job, can't see Gould taking that.

Well, he's shown himself willing to be a mouthpiece for Nine in their recent attacks on the sport.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

I think once the aussie media got stuck into him that was the end.

He had to many questions hanging over him about missing money.

There is an article on Fox Sports that suggested he was the main reason the Canterbury Bulldogs have been in trouble financially in recent years.

4 hours ago, Allora said:

Arrogant is the first word that comes to mind

2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

A sad hatchet job to get him out. I’d most certainly have Greenberg working as the administrator for Super League rather than Elstone, the mouthpiece for three or four clubs chairmen. 

Greenberg was very average in most Australians opinions.

His resume suggests he has punched above his weight in job placements for a decade.

Maybe he should be in Sales.

Just now, Allora said:

Greenberg was very average in most Australians opinions.

His resume suggests he has punched above his weight in job placements for a decade.

Maybe he should be in Sales.

Non-Broadcast Revenue up 14% on 2018 and overall, revenue shot up 300% over his tenure. Judge him on CEO metrics and he’s as good as you can get in the game.

It is essentially a small-minded power grab from V’landys and the club chairmen. You can say goodbye to new innovative events like Magic Round and the All Stars game under Greenberg’s tenure and any new clubs in Perth or New Zealand look more and more unlikely. 

8 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Non-Broadcast Revenue up 14% on 2018 and overall, revenue shot up 300% over his tenure. Judge him on CEO metrics and he’s as good as you can get in the game.

It is essentially a small-minded power grab from V’landys and the club chairmen. You can say goodbye to new innovative events like Magic Round and the All Stars game under Greenberg’s tenure and any new clubs in Perth or New Zealand look more and more unlikely. 

The game and its ratings drove the revenues up not Greenberg.

Did you see what channel Nine the major broadcaster said about Greenberg and the NRL’s handling of money in recent weeks?
Greenberg was about to lose the main media sponsor the way he was going.

13 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

The Magic round is ###### and did not really work last year based on the numbers attending.

The All Stars game is another Flog, I would rather see a Test Match.

5 minutes ago, Allora said:

The game and its ratings drove the revenues up not Greenberg.

Did you see what channel Nine the major broadcaster said about Greenberg and the NRL’s handling of money in recent weeks?
Greenberg was about to lose the main media sponsor the way he was going.

The annual report, which is easy to find and easy to understand, suggests otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, Allora said:

The Magic round is ###### and did not really work last year based on the numbers attending.

The All Stars game is another Flog, I would rather see a Test Match.

The annual report doesn’t suggest so. Neither does the growth in the Women’s game. 

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

The annual report, which is easy to find and easy to understand, suggests otherwise. 

How does an Annual report say that the CEO delivered a good result?

10 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

The annual report doesn’t suggest so. Neither does the growth in the Women’s game. 

You have Greenberg as the only person delivering results including the Women’s game?
It sounds like he is the Messiah.

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I'm not suggesting that Greenberg had no influence on that growth, but a lot of the growth was built on changes that were made by the prior administration.

Also Greenberg was anti-expansion and most of the events held under his tenure have been utter failures, for example the 2017 WC, the 2020 Nines.

Many of the 'innovative events' you are attributing to Greenberg weren't even Greenberg's anyway, for example the All Stars has existed since 2010.

Archived