Yorkshire v The Rest of Britain?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Welsh RL & RU watcher said:

I'm probably not the biggest fan of international sport on here, and I've said in the past that there shouldn't be a RLWC, or an Olympics come to that. Have an Ashes Series and a Kangaroos v Kiwis Series, yes. How about a 3 Match Series of Yorkshire v The Rest of Britain? 

Where do I get my tickets?

Yep that'll really dispel the image of the game as a small regional sport. You can just hear other folk say, " Yorkshire ah right that's where they play the game innit,  playing against some team cobbled together from the rest of the country, ah bless!"

It’s true that as the Rest of the World explores space and pushes the boundaries of science...our inward looking Yorkshire brethren mainly focus on the correct name for a ball shaped piece of bread.

(It’s a flour cake btw)

Let’s settle our differences with a three match series of rugby league!

6 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

This is the moment if there’s ever going to be one to relaunch a roses battle.

It would be pointless. Lancashire is a joke county nowadays. What is it anyway - Bolton and Blackburn or something? The big cities of Liverpool and Manchester don't want anything to do with them. At least Yorkshire is a proper county with some proper big cities.

That's why a Roses match won't work - Lancashire is too small to compete. Yorkshire would crush them. Might as well play Yorkshire vs Norfolk, for all the good that Lancashire are.

Queensland vs NSW is a proper rivalry.

16 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

It would be pointless. Lancashire is a joke county nowadays. What is it anyway - Bolton and Blackburn or something? The big cities of Liverpool and Manchester don't want anything to do with them. At least Yorkshire is a proper county with some proper big cities.

That's why a Roses match won't work - Lancashire is too small to compete. Yorkshire would crush them. Might as well play Yorkshire vs Norfolk, for all the good that Lancashire are.

Lancashire cricket club disagrees 

33 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

It’s true that as the Rest of the World explores space and pushes the boundaries of science...our inward looking Yorkshire brethren mainly focus on the correct name for a ball shaped piece of bread.

(It’s a flour cake btw)

Let’s settle our differences with a three match series of rugby league!

Bring it on,who we playing first. and have never heard of a flour cake,

Its a T cake in our local bakery,and if its got currants in its a fruit T CAKE.

its not a bun/bread roll.a balm cake/or even a flatbread or ovan bottom cake.

and if its got a fishcake in its a fishcake buttie,fish chips n peas and a T cake please.

12 hours ago, silverback said:

Bring it on,who we playing first. and have never heard of a flour cake,

Its a T cake in our local bakery,and if its got currants in its a fruit T CAKE.

its not a bun/bread roll.a balm cake/or even a flatbread or ovan bottom cake.

and if its got a fishcake in its a fishcake buttie,fish chips n peas and a T cake please.

ECC218B3-0659-4352-B6D5-354589531418.jpeg

4 minutes ago, headtackle said:

Not worth pushing lancs v Yorkshire again.  Does nothing to help expand interest in the game

saying that some additional rep games would be good

north v south origin would be good. Marketing would be easy, the media would love it 

Lms would be a good captain for the south and am sure plenty of players have a southern parent

image.gif

My nomination for the Southern mascot ?

14 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Shots fired from Yorkshire ?

ECC218B3-0659-4352-B6D5-354589531418.jpeg

Yer nearly had me,,lol.beefsteak pies look well i must say.

Greenhalgh's Craft Bakery,
Crescent Road, Lostock,
Bolton. BL6 4BU            :kolobok_punish:

North vs South would be the ultimate advance for the game if two competitive teams could be thought up.

I just don’t think we’re there yet.

England vs the Rest of the World (exiles based over here plus France/Wales players if necessary) might be the most realistic option if there’s not the logistics for a touring side to help warm us up for next year’s World Cup.

2 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

Why are the moderators allowing all this Lancastrophobic hate speech. Shocking!

The most recent county fixture was the third women`s origin back in March. Final score - Lancashire 23 Yorkshire 0. Nice one, girls.

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

I’d rather see a county of origin Lancs v Yorks game personally, if it was taken seriously. 

It isn't and never really was. Just look at the attendances.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

There are no professional RL clubs in Lancashire.

Just saying.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived