If its back to back matches on SKY to accommodate sponsors the stadium will have to have an in built LED system something no-one seems to have thought about on here.

LEEDS 

HUDDERSFIELD

HULL FC

SALFORD

WIGAN

ST HELENS 

ALL OK

IMPOSSIBLE BELOW 

HULL KR

CASTLEFORD

WAKEFIELD 

WARRINGTON

Edited by ATLANTISMAN

How about Perpignan, with a crowd of 5,000 and an 'air bridge' by then between the UK and France?  Not sure what changing facilities they have, but they are used to putting on curtain-raisers, so I presume the answer is more than for two teams.

4 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

How about Perpignan, with a crowd of 5,000 and an 'air bridge' by then between the UK and France?  Not sure what changing facilities they have, but they are used to putting on curtain-raisers, so I presume the answer is more than for two teams.

A crowd of 5000 is unlikely to cover the cost of flights in and out of France for multiple teams and presumably Guasch would want a sizable chunk of the gate monies for his club's home fixtures. As well as Biosecurity, cost cutting is also part of the reasoning behind using limited venues featuring double/triple headers. Flying in and out of France would fly in the face of that.

19 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

In best Vic Reeves accent , " you didn't think it through " ?

• Like 1

One fewer home game and later start in 2021, says Elstone. Could that mean a 14-team Super League (11 + 3 loop  = 14 home fixtures with a 12-team SL, 13 home games with no loop fixtures with a 14-team SL)? Or am I reading too much into it?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/rugby-league/12015547/elstone-super-league-restart-great-news

6 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

One fewer home game and later start in 2021, says Elstone. Could that mean a 14-team Super League (11 + 3 loop  = 14 home fixtures with a 12-team SL, 13 home games with no loop fixtures with a 14-team SL)? Or am I reading too much into it?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/rugby-league/12015547/elstone-super-league-restart-great-news

I doubt the SL will expand next year as clubs are already facing a reduction in the Sky money next year due to the fallout from this year's disruption so it is unlikely they will want to split the pot with two more clubs by expanding the league.

As he states one home game less it seems more likely that clubs will play 4 loop fixtures rather than 6 (2 home, 2 away) plus MW that gives a 27 round season.

• Like 2

It could just as easily be 11+2 loop fixtures in a 12 team SL.

12 clubs is my bet as the clubs need to maximise their Sky money, at least for 2021.

They'll also want Toronto to stay up and agree not to take their share in 2021.

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Leigh , Doncaster 

When I had a personal guided tour of the HJ , it didn't have 3 sets of changing rooms 

spurs have 2 sets of changing rooms & easily stage 3 games  or 4 in a day. 1st game change in football changing rooms, game 2 in NFL  changing rooms (massive), then back to football then NFL changing rooms if necessary

55 minutes ago, wiganermike said:

I doubt the SL will expand next year as clubs are already facing a reduction in the Sky money next year due to the fallout from this year's disruption so it is unlikely they will want to split the pot with two more clubs by expanding the league.

As he states one home game less it seems more likely that clubs will play 4 loop fixtures rather than 6 (2 home, 2 away) plus MW that gives a 27 round season.

Seems more likely.

18 Feb start for 2021, by the way.

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Seems more likely.

18 Feb start for 2021, by the way.

Great day! (My birthday ! )

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kev p said:

spurs have 2 sets of changing rooms & easily stage 3 games  or 4 in a day. 1st game change in football changing rooms, game 2 in NFL  changing rooms (massive), then back to football then NFL changing rooms if necessary

Yes , and ? 

To hire New White Hart Lane would cost 20 times what it would cost to hire the LS V , ALL our clubs are in the north , and it isn't a changing room competition , the LSV has 4 in the stadium , there are another 4 thirty yards away at the Leigh Harriers complex , and several others fifty yards away as well as a huge sports hall that could accommodate several teams at the sports centre next door 

So ? 

Edited by GUBRATS

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

Im actually astounded that they have, for once, and in difficult circumstances, made accommodation. For International performance. 

Credit where it is due. Well done. 

I think the vast majority in the game now realise that England winning the World cup next year is the number one priority and could have hugely positive benefits.

• Like 1

Everyone is forgetting the problem of the pitch.  3 games a day can cripple the pitch, and as is happening in Australia it's crippling the players.

As for neutral venues...  It's daft worrying about that when there are no fans to howl at the players... or at it each other.

19 hours ago, wiganermike said:

A crowd of 5000 is unlikely to cover the cost of flights in and out of France for multiple teams and presumably Guasch would want a sizable chunk of the gate monies for his club's home fixtures. As well as Biosecurity, cost cutting is also part of the reasoning behind using limited venues featuring double/triple headers. Flying in and out of France would fly in the face of that.

You could be right!

19 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

In best Vic Reeves accent , " you didn't think it through " ?

Likewise, Gubrats, you could be right.

Flippantly, in my defence, the real ale from Downton Brewery, purchased from there a few hours before, was starting to flow.

Out of interest, I wonder what the difference is between costs for, say Hull FC or KR to get to Warrington and back, and likewise Perpignan and back.  I really have no idea.

I understand that, now more than ever, costs must be minimised, but, in more 'normal' times, the idea of a Super League triple header in Perpignan could be fun!  Just not sure how the need for it would arise, unless it was one of two 'mini magics'.

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

You could be right!

Likewise, Gubrats, you could be right.

Flippantly, in my defence, the real ale from Downton Brewery, purchased from there a few hours before, was starting to flow.

Out of interest, I wonder what the difference is between costs for, say Hull FC or KR to get to Warrington and back, and likewise Perpignan and back.  I really have no idea.

I understand that, now more than ever, costs must be minimised, but, in more 'normal' times, the idea of a Super League triple header in Perpignan could be fun!  Just not sure how the need for it would arise, unless it was one of two 'mini magics'.

Cheaper in Spain:) The french catalans shot themselves in the foot years ago by ripping off fans coming over hotel prices went up beer everything 90% of RL fans that go to a Dragons match from the UK stay in places like Loret De Mar and get bussed up or take the train.

France is a rip off nowadays.

23 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

If its back to back matches on SKY to accommodate sponsors the stadium will have to have an in built LED system something no-one seems to have thought about on here.

LEEDS 

HUDDERSFIELD

HULL FC

SALFORD

WIGAN

ST HELENS 

ALL OK

IMPOSSIBLE BELOW 

HULL KR

CASTLEFORD

WAKEFIELD 

WARRINGTON

Why is it impossible at Warrington? 

Or any of the others for that matter. 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Why is it impossible at Warrington? 

Or any of the others for that matter. 

Simple clubs will have to take care of their sponsorship contracts, and if more than one match only LED can accommodate this for back to back matches on SKY (One off home matches are not a problem) However if its to be back to back matches they will only be played in stadiums with LED systems otherwise clubs will not be able to fulfil sponsorship contracts.

8 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Simple clubs will have to take care of their sponsorship contracts, and if more than one match only LED can accommodate this for back to back matches on SKY (One off home matches are not a problem) However if its to be back to back matches they will only be played in stadiums with LED systems otherwise clubs will not be able to fulfil sponsorship contracts.

I was wondering why you claim it is impossible. They can be added to any ground if required, and were in fact features of these grounds previously as part of the Elonex deal. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I was wondering why you claim it is impossible. They can be added to any ground if required, and were in fact features of these grounds previously as part of the Elonex deal. 

A complete new LED system Dave costs around £ 200000.00, to hire with installation costs £ 20K for one match approx.

No club is going to spend that type of money at this stage.

I think you will find there will be no double headers at stadiums without LED.

Edited by ATLANTISMAN

8 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

A complete new LED system Dave costs around £ 200000.00, to hire with installation costs £ 20K for one match approx.

No club is going to spend that type of money at this stage.

I think you will find there will be no double headers at stadiums without LED.

I feel you are overstating the importance, but we will see. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

I feel you are overstating the importance, but we will see. 

Cubs cannot afford to let sponsors down Dave who have paid money for advertising (Its not that simple) 

5 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Cubs cannot afford to let sponsors down Dave who have paid money for advertising (Its not that simple) 

They have already reduced games, so anything can be done. 

All I will say to all those who say it is not fair to have the benefit of home advantage for any team, I shouted long and hard about the Championship GF last year going away from the norm and playing it at the home of one of the competing teams, funnily enough it was accepted then.

On 27/06/2020 at 09:31, Rupert Prince said:

Everyone is forgetting the problem of the pitch.  3 games a day can cripple the pitch, and as is happening in Australia it's crippling the players.

As for neutral venues...  It's daft worrying about that when there are no fans to howl at the players... or at it each other.

And the way Headingley Beach looked earlier this season good luck with multiple games on that surface